Thread: Unable to Open CIF/CAL Tree File

Registered User Sleuth nancygirl22's Avatar

Exclamation Unable to Open CIF/CAL Tree File

Hey!
    I'm trying to play Nancy Drew: Creature of Kapu cave, and i hav Windows 7. here is what happened: i was installing as usual, but it was taking an uwfully long time. Almost out of no where, my computer lost signal and had to be re-booted. Obviously, my game was no longer installing. I then re-installed the game, but before i could put disk 2 in, the game said it had finished, which i had known it did not. Almost immediatly, this message came up:

unable to open CIF or CAL file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Nancy Drew\ The Creature of Kapu Cave\DataFiles\CIFTREE.DAT." check the path of your .ini file.

after that, it would not uninstall or install. anyone know how i can get it to install? also, i check HeR, and they said it was something to do with the Nortan /anti-Virus..just one problem..i have Kasperski..not Norton! Please Help!!!
    "Drew! Do not touch that door! That door is not for you!" -Chief McGinnis ASH
    "Jacques must be gone." -Nancy Drew TRT
    "Oh no, she wrecked her roux!" -George Fayne DDI
    "My name is Nancy, I'm a detective, I really hope this bathroom is soundproof..." -Nancy Drew DED
    "You can find more eggs than that." -Shorty Thurmond SHA
    "Molybdenum." -Dr. Nikki Sabatini ICE
    "A gumbo to go please!" -Bess Marvin CRY
    "Wow, I do not care about that problem at all." -Markus Boehm CAP
    "I don't function well in reality." -Harper Thorton GTH
    "You might want to ease up on the stealing." -Ewan MacLoed SPY

Registered User Super Sleuth
    Here is all the information you need to know about the ini/cal tree problem, and how to install the game :).
    { find your freedom in the music }
    artwork : mr. brightside :) writing a cap ae.

coming back this summer!

Registered User Amateur Sleuth

Thumbs up

I had the exact same problem, and only just figured out the problem. Reinstall the game, and instead of saving it under this folder: "Program Files"
    It should be located in the disc. You currently have is saved under "Program Files(x86)." Let me know if you need help doing this. Best of luck!

Registered User Amateur Sleuth

Exclamation I would like some help

Quote Originally Posted by DrewbyDoobyDoo View Post
    I had the exact same problem, and only just figured out the problem. Reinstall the game, and instead of saving it under this folder: "Program Files"
    It should be located in the disc. You currently have is saved under "Program Files(x86)." Let me know if you need help doing this. Best of luck!
    Yes
    Last edited by hedgie; July 24th, 2014 at 02:41 AM. Reason: Mod's Note: Please do not post your question on someone else's thread. Please create your own thread to ask your question.