Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nancy Drew Game #29 - spoilers included

Registered User Amateur Detective Nancy Drew's Avatar

Nancy Drew Game #29 - spoilers included

Okay, so obviously, anyone who has finished GTH knows that the next game involves Nancy's mother in some capacity. I am very leery about what is going to happen in the game. I really don't know how to feel about it. I was kind of upset when I learned that Nancy's mom would play some part in the next game. Of course, we don't know yet if her mother will be alive, but I'm just nervous about what's going to happen. I could honestly go on and on with all the thoughts spinning in my head, but that would be a little too redundant than this post is already. Anyway, I know this may sound morbid or whatever, but I hope Nancy's mother isn't alive in the next game, in regards to the books. Obviously, if this were real life, I would be delighted to see Nancy reunited with her mother, but once again, I just don't know how to feel about it. So now I'm going to stop saying in 27 different ways that I don't know how to feel about the next game and ask all of your opinions. Thoughts?
    .¸+*¨Ż¨*+¸……….(Ż`+¸.......................
    ((……*·-·'.'.¸+´Ż))..`·.,¸¸'.+*¨ŻŻ¨*+¸......
    .``+.,¸_¸,.+´…¸+´…..¸+´.¸+*¨Ż¨*+¸..`·¸..

i'm feeling electric tonight
    ………'…((_¸,.+´…...((…..…*·-·'…))
    ……………………..'…`'+.,¸___¸,.+'´....

Registered User Super Sleuth
    I think it could be a huge success, or a huge failure. HER is going to have a hard time pleasing everyone on this one. I'm excited to see what they do with it!

-S14
    .................................................. ........................
    The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
    .................................................. ....
    .................................................. .................

Registered User Super Sleuth highondrew's Avatar
    I know what you mean, it's gonna be a little weird. But, if the accident was a lie, then technically it's not changing the books, ya know? This is an onteresying thought, and like you said, it will be interesting to see where it goes!
    --Clicky!
    ......Let it go, Let it go!
    Can't hold it back anymore
    ......Let it go, Let it go!
    Turn away and slam the door
    ......I don't care what they're going to say
    Let the storm rage on...
    ......The cold never bothered me anyway
    ...........~Elsa (And also Kylie)

Registered User Amateur Sleuth secretsleuth89's Avatar
    I can say that it will make me wonder if Nancy's mother's death was faked. For example, she may have witnessed something she wasn't supposed to, and Carson might have arranged for her to go into witness protection.

Then, there might have been a car accident staged, with no one inside. Maybe Nancy's mother is in Scotland, and Nancy needs to rescue her??

That's just a theory...
    The Ghost of Thornton Hall.

Registered User Amateur Sleuth Kyokai's Avatar
    I know how you feel, especially as I find it hard to except the newer story lines in the Nancy Drew and Hardy boy books. I enjoy them to an extent, but some changes rub me the wrong way. Right now I'm not excited about the next game, although I imagine they can do something great with another spy theme. Until we have more info and character information, it feels like a gimmick.

I'll probably be excited when we know more, or play the game. For example, I didn't think I'd like DED but after awhile of playing it, it became one of my faves.
    ~*~How is your thirst for adventure? ~*~TinTin
    "Unquenchable!" ~*~ Captain Haddock

Quote taken from the latest Tintin movie.

Registered User Sleuth
    Hmmm, I hadn't thought about the possibility that they might be suggesting that Nancy's mother is alive! Actually, wen the mechanical voice said "everything you know about the accident is a lie" I thought it was suggesting that although Nancy's mother is dead, it wasn't an accident like Nancy always thought. Like, her mother was a spy and was killed during a mission or murdered by another spy or something. Because of this, I also assumed the voice recording was an old one.
    I guess it's possible that the recording was recent and they are saying that Nancy's mother is alive, although I agree with the other posters that this could be a pretty controversial game as some people might have problem with this.

Personally, I am fine with whatever HER does with it and I do not think that having Nancy's mother be alive/be a spy would be any kind of problem. I am excited to see what happens!
    Let my words be life
    ~*~Let my words be truth
    ~*~*~I don't wanna say a word Unless it points the world back to You

Let the words I say
    ~*~Be the sound of Your grace
    ~*~*~I don't wanna say a word Unless it points the world back to You

HAWK NELSON - WORDS

Registered User Amateur Sleuth
    What if this is a huge hoax pulled by one or more of Nancy's enemies. Remember the culprit in VEN? He/She swore revenge and that person could pull it off. Maybe Samantha Quick is involved. We all said that it would be cool if there was another returned culprit.

I see great potential for this game. I look forward to hopefully having some of nancys friends come along. However I don't believe that Kate is alive. They wouldn't show Carson's avatar in ASH so I highly doubt that they would show Kate's face unless she was disguised.

What do you think?
    Y'all
    A famous word for us Southerners

Thanks NDGirl12182 for the hilarious signature! Lol!

Okay, I may be crazy, but when I watched the teaser, I immediately thought of Samantha Quick. Could Samantha have been (well, BE) Nancy's mother? I just wanna find out what HER's going to do with this. I really hope that it's good :)
    University Student and a long time Nancy Drew player

I've solved mysteries along-side Nancy Drew since 2000 :3

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing" -Xemnas

Kingdom Hearts is my life

Registered User Amateur Sleuth Haley's Avatar
    Samantha Quick is around Nancy's age, so she couldn't be her mother.
    NANCY DREW RULES!!!!!

I agree with horselove, I thought that the recording was an old one, it never crossed my mind that it could be new!

The idea that it's a hoax is really interesting as well!
    Tim Burton Fan

Solved:
    |SKC|SCK2|STFD|
    MHM|TRT|FIN|SSH|DOG|CAR|DDI|SHA|CUR|CLK|TRN|DAN|CRE|ICE|CRY|
    VEN |HAU|RAN|WAC|TOT|SAW|CAP|ASH|TMB|DED|GTH|SPY|MED|

~Favorite Game: FIN~
    "Every living thing, pushed into the ring; fighting out to wow the crowd. Guess you thought, you could just watch. No one's getting out. Without stadium love."
    CANADIAN detective!

Quote Originally Posted by Haley View Post
    Samantha Quick is around Nancy's age, so she couldn't be her mother.
    I don't think that Samantha Quick is Nancys mom. I think she could have helped set the hoax up. I personally think that SQs voice in VEN sounded older. What makes some of you think that she is Nancy's age?
    Y'all
    A famous word for us Southerners

Thanks NDGirl12182 for the hilarious signature! Lol!

Registered User Amateur Sleuth Haley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NarniaFan2012 View Post
    I don't think that Samantha Quick is Nancys mom. I think she could have helped set the hoax up. I personally think that SQs voice in VEN sounded older. What makes some of you think that she is Nancy's age?
    Because someone said she is a teenager in a Hardy Boys game.
    NANCY DREW RULES!!!!!

Registered User Amateur Sleuth Dana Girls's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NarniaFan2012 View Post
    In the Hardy Boys treasure on the tracks, we actually see SQ, and she looks like a teen. Its cool cause you get to talk to her!

;+ *; ,.;*+ ;
    ., * ' ' . ,` "* ;.'+' ;

Greater love has no one than this,
    that a man lay down his life for his friends.

.,;*+.* John 15:13 *.*;,.
    The silent spy awaits -
    ♦ + Dottore'sBANE ... has no remedy. + ♦
    ^Please click^ my VEN ae :)

Registered User Super Sleuth
    Did the books ever elaborate on what Nancy's mother's job was? I don't remember ever reading about what she did for a living (before or after marrying Carson). What if something she was working on or for had her killed and someone found out about it and now they need Nancy's help to solve her murder? That would keep with the books continuity as well as expanding on the character.
    Yes, I do
    Nancy
    too many questions

Registered User Amateur Sleuth HappyGirl05's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nancy_d._rules View Post
    Did the books ever elaborate on what Nancy's mother's job was? I don't remember ever reading about what she did for a living (before or after marrying Carson). What if something she was working on or for had her killed and someone found out about it and now they need Nancy's help to solve her murder? That would keep with the books continuity as well as expanding on the character.
    I don't think the books ever really mention Nancy's mother beyond that she is dead.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast