• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lyricalgoose
    Amateur Sleuth
    • Aug 2016

Originally posted by Ndfan1234 View Post
    Wow This is good news. If the moon has to do with MID, and they're uploading it to their website, as well as changing to the metallic Nancy Drew with the black background, that must mean they intend to give us new info very soon, right? Also, does it look to you guys like there's some yellowish glow in the bottom right corner, like from a fire? Maybe this is a part of the cover art? :) I know that with SEA, they did something like this where the lighthouse from the cover art was cropped and shown to us...
    I have a weird feeling about tomorrow! I think we might get some info or maybe the cover art. And yes it looks like smoke from a fire.

My only concern is it's another attempt to placate us instead of anything concrete.

Comment

• paperstreet
      Amateur Sleuth
      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by tsukiakari View Post
      So I just found this: http://www.herinteractive.com/wp-con...tinSalem01.jpg

As far as I know, this image isn't actually being used anywhere on the site, and it obviously matches the moon icon. It was uploaded yesterday
      If you go here: http://www.herinteractive.com/wp-content/uploads and then sort it by date (newest first) they also uploaded a bunch of stuff on Mei as well as a rating logo on Sept. 28, the same day as the Moon thing.

Could they be building the sales page?

Also the link structure: "DetFeature_D_MidnightinSalem01.jpg"

is the same as the banner on the sales page of SEA:

http://www.herinteractive.com/wp-content/uploads/DetFeature_D_SeaofDarkness_Award4.jpg

Great find tsukiakari!
      Last edited by paperstreet; September 29, 2016, 06:58 PM.

Comment

• Lyricalgoose
        Amateur Sleuth
        • Aug 2016

Originally posted by paperstreet View Post
        If you go here: http://www.herinteractive.com/wp-content/uploads and then sort it by date (newest first) they also uploaded a bunch of stuff on Mei as well as a rating logo on Sept. 28, the same day as the Moon thing.

Could they be building the sales page?

Also the link structure: "DetFeature_D_MidnightinSalem01.jpg"

is the same as the banner on the sales page of SEA:

http://www.herinteractive.com/wp-content/uploads/DetFeature_D_SeaofDarkness_Award4.jpg

Great find tsukiakari!
        Oh wow, all of this is looking promising.

Comment

• phoenix star
          Amateur Sleuth
          • Nov 2003

Well now I'm excited!

Comment

• TraveltheWorld
            Amateur Sleuth
            • Jul 2009

Could the trailer be coming?

Comment

• phoenix star
              Amateur Sleuth
              • Nov 2003

Maybe they'll have preorders on Halloween and release a month later for the holiday season.

Comment

• Ndfan1234
                Master Sleuth
                • Apr 2012

Originally posted by phoenix star View Post
                Maybe they'll have preorders on Halloween and release a month later for the holiday season.
                I would love it if this was the case but I'm not holding my breath.
                To the message boards: When I think of this place, I think of the many wonderful memories and friends that I made here as a young teen (some of which I have to this day!). I would just like to say thank you to everyone who made this place special and added so much joy to my life. From alternate endings, to entertaining message board games, to picking through the details of every game, to being so excited when a new game was released, to speculating if MID would ever come out, and of course to the time where so many of us sleuthed every inch of CRE to find that darn (fake) easter egg , I have had so much fun here and made so many memories. The boards may be all but dead but I will forever cherish this place, even if I never return to it. Thank you to you all

My threads:

R4JC!!
                Olivia Trey Penelope

Comment

• tsukiakari
                  Amateur Sleuth
                  • Jul 2007

Personally I still don't see how it's remotely possible that MID could release this year, let alone in the next six months. Not unless Little Jackalope's been lying about not being focused on it and having no news on its progress, so that the whole company can pretty much taunt the fans by secretly working on it for this whole year and releasing it with zero fanfare. (I would say this made zero marketing sense, but of course that's not the best argument to have at this point. But either way, there's been detailed information given to us that really can't be interpreted any other way than as "MID is not ready yet", and I don't see any professional reason for that to be a lie.) Watch me be wrong, though...I was about the moon icon, after all!

Anyway, I would have had hopes for a Facebook theme change judging by the moon icon, but I didn't expect them to change the banner again after uploading the Charlotte/yurei/Elinor one. Honestly, I almost wonder if the moon icon had been sitting around for a while now and someone just accidentally threw it up there because they forgot it was for MID at all. (I heard that Little Jackalope said in the interview that she co-runs the page with Jared...maybe it was him?)
                  neverending song
                  2008-2018

So far from me walks your dear self
                  So far from me too is your home
                  to which I can never find my way
                  your fairy tale...

Comment

• Tedbear2
                    Amateur Sleuth
                    • Mar 2014

Someone posted on Facebook today, questioning why they took away the profile pic of the moon, and got this response from Her:

"The switch in profile pics has nothing to do with MID. We just felt it was too hard to read Nancy Drew and thus we decided to move to the current pic. We look forward to providing more updates on MID when we can. We understand that waiting for the next game is difficult and due to the game engine switch, etc its taking us longer than usual. Especially after a long history of us releasing two games a year. We appreciate your patience during this transitional period. As always, thank you for supporting Her Interactive and Nancy Drew games."

I just took another look at the photo with the moon and by no stretch of the imagination can I see the Nancy Drew on it as difficult to read. I am just not buying their explanation about this.

The rest of their response would also seem to strongly point towards MID being released next year sometime. It certainly doesn't sound like the game is going to be released anytime soon.
                    Last edited by Tedbear2; September 30, 2016, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• tsukiakari
                      Amateur Sleuth
                      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Tedbear2 View Post
                      I just took another look at the photo with the moon and by no stretch of the imagination can I see the Nancy Drew on it as difficult to read. I am just not buying their explanation about this.
                      Um...totally same. The picture that I found last night is exactly the same, moon and clouds and Nancy silhouette, the whole shebang with "Midnight in Salem" on it to boot. I don't see how the Facebook icon couldn't be connected to that image.

Their answer is totally fine otherwise, which just makes this weirder. If you accidentally uploaded the wrong thing, I don't think anybody is gonna think less of you for admitting it. Little Jackalope has "technical difficulties" in practically every Twitch stream and I don't think it bothers anyone watching.
                      neverending song
                      2008-2018

your fairy tale...

Comment

• Lyricalgoose
                        Amateur Sleuth
                        • Aug 2016

Someone posted on Facebook today, questioning why they took away the profile pic of the moon, and got this response from Her:

"The switch in profile pics has nothing to do with MID. We just felt it was too hard to read Nancy Drew and thus we decided to move to the current pic. We look forward to providing more updates on MID when we can. We understand that waiting for the next game is difficult and due to the game engine switch, etc its taking us longer than usual. Especially after a long history of us releasing two games a year. We appreciate your patience during this transitional period. As always, thank you for supporting Her Interactive and Nancy Drew games."

The rest of their response would also seem to strongly point towards MID being released next year sometime. It certainly doesn't sound like the game is going to be released anytime soon.
                        You wouldn't be able to tell from taking a look at the photo again, as it's not showing up as the profile image anymore. I believe they were talking about when you see their profile picture next to their posts. It's a fairly good size image space, but I believe it gets smaller when you read comments in the comments section by them and maybe even other places on Facebook.

I ran into this problem when uploading an image for a business I had on Facebook. The image looked fine when you viewed the image as is, but it didn't look right when you saw it next to a post or a comment, so I switched to something with a bigger font.

Unfortunately I don't know of a way to preview how the image will look in the multiple sizes Facebook uses for the profile image, so I buy their story.

Edit: I hope all that makes sense lol

Comment

• sggoren
                          Amateur Sleuth
                          • Oct 2011

TBF they may have meant it was hard to read as a profile photo where it's going to be much smaller. If they really thought they messed up uploading it at all, they could have just deleted it. But nothing they do makes sense anymore so who knows.

Comment

• Tedbear2
                            Amateur Sleuth
                            • Mar 2014

You guys may be right. I just happened to be on Facebook for the 20 minutes or so when the moon photo was up as the profile photo, and it looked fine to me. I had no trouble reading it at all - it stood out very nicely, and it was also atmospheric. But it is true that the new photo is more pronounced in terms of the words Nancy Drew.

Comment

• tsukiakari
                              Amateur Sleuth
                              • Jul 2007

I think readability would be a plausible argument if the icon wasn't clearly connected to MID in some way. If it was just a black background with "Nancy [silhouette] Drew" then I can understand it, but the moon and clouds are exactly the same as in the image with "Midnight in Salem" on it. Probably the reason why they're citing readability is because they know most people on Facebook aren't going to be coming to the boards and finding out about the other image
                              neverending song
                              2008-2018

your fairy tale...

Comment

• Tedbear2
                                Amateur Sleuth
                                • Mar 2014

Well, the moon photo is still there for people to look at - you can see it in their photo section on the righthand side of the Facebook page. But I agree with you about the flaw in the plausibility, because most people probably won't even notice it.

Comment

Working...
                                X