Thread: Won't let me rotate picures!!

Registered User Sleuth Iluvhamsters's Avatar

Won't let me rotate picures!!

On Microsoft Word, on the drawing toolbar, when I try to flip/rotate the picture, all the options are 'grayed out'. How can I fix this???
    Last edited by Iluvhamsters; May 17th, 2007 at 06:10 PM.
    My 5-star CUR AE: The Magic Within!

As soon as she finished her sentence, a dazzling blue light filled the Great Hall. The light turned into a glowing smoke. The brilliant blue smoke snaked around the Great Hall, and slowly solidified into letters that spelled out the word KNOWLEDGE. Then, it warped into one enormous beam of light, and blasted at the band of leather on Jane’s wrist. Jane screamed, and shielded her eyes, but as soon as it had appeared, it was gone. And on Jane’s bracelet, there was a tiny figure. A ghost, much like the ones in Alan’s ghost hunt. The ghost was still faintly glowing blue.

Jane and Nancy stared at each other. “Well I’d call that obvious!” Jane said loudly as straightened up.

Nancy nodded frantically. “Yeah, well . . . at least we’ll be sure now, won’t we?”

Last Updated: July 10th

Registered User Detective sami94's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lilysky View Post
    Thats not a dumb question at all

I used Microsoft word, and this is what I did:
    Once the pieces are there, click on one and the Picture Toolbar should pop up. Click on the square that looks like a small box with horizontal lines going across it (it says "text wrapping" if you mouse over it)
    Click any of the options (Square, behind text..etc.).
    Then click back on the piece and there should be a green circle that has a round arrow when you hover over it. If you click and drag that, it allows you to rotate the piece.

OR
    Click on a piece, then click the button with two triangles and an arrow on the toolbar.

Hope that helps, and good luck!

Edit:Sorry, some slow typing there, Nancy Drew..your method sounds much simpler than mine haha
    Try the first method. It is the only one that works for me.
    .. .·´¯`·._¸.·´¯`·.¸.................... To the wonderful members, mods, and admin of HER:
    ...'·-·*..........¸.·´............Thank you all for making this website such a wonderful, fun place to be.
    ….............( ........I am becoming more and more busy, leaving me with less and less time to spend here.
    …. ¸.·´¯`·. ..`·.¸ .........For this reason, I will not be on the boards for a while. I will miss this website,
    .¸.·´…......`·.,_))..especially with the release of upcoming games to challenge my mind. Sleuth on, everybody!
    ( ......................................... .·´¯`·.
    .`·.¸__¸,.·´¯)............ ¸.·´¯`·. .....'·-·*...)................- - sami94
    ...........¸.·´ ¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´..........`·.¸__¸,.·´
    .........((…..`·-·*...)
    `·.,¸__¸,.·´
    ©sami94