• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeing Nancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeing Nancy

So with this app, we are shown what Nancy looks like - What do people think?

I think it's okay. Like, it's most likely not what Nancy's gonna look like if we see her in say MID or another game. I'm not saying we'll see her in MID though, I'm just giving an example! (Although HeR seams to be doing something with Nancy from what I've seen in the past few games.)
    ..•¨¯¨•............................(¯¨•-»
    (...«-•´.;;;.¸•¨¯¨•¸.......;;;....).......__
    .`•…‗…•ˊ...;;....`•…‗…•ˊ`∙-∙•´...;;.)
    ...............................;.....;;......«-•´٠Signature Stoꭆy٠

..(\/)
    ..( ..)
    c('')('')

Comment

I don't really like it -- wish they had represented her more as the unstylish and not-super-girly-or-perky Nancy we know from the main series. I always liked how the main series showed you could be a girl without having to care about clothes or girly things, and still be strong and smart and get stuff done, if that makes sense. I also think her outfit looks too put-together for what's supposed to be a carefree 8-year-old kid, y'know? Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnMemories View Post
        I don't really like it -- wish they had represented her more as the unstylish and not-super-girly-or-perky Nancy we know from the main series. I always liked how the main series showed you could be a girl without having to care about clothes or girly things, and still be strong and smart and get stuff done, if that makes sense. I also think her outfit looks too put-together for what's supposed to be a carefree 8-year-old kid, y'know? Just my opinion.
        That's true. I never thought of that. Just seeing her doesn't bug me, but thinking about this doesn't appeal to me...

..(\/)
        ..( ..)
        c('')('')

Comment

Honestly I don't think this is any more or less canon than the book covers or the other versions of Nancy from non-Her games. I'm not thinking of it as Her's "definitive" Nancy or something...the art style of this thing is too different from the PC games for starters, and I'm not even really associating the whole app with Her anyway.

Aside from that, it's just a standard Nancy based on how she's always described. I do find it interesting that she's dressed a bit fancier than usual, but then again she had a fancy style in the original books, so maybe they want to get back to that or something.
          neverending song
          2008-2018

So far from me walks your dear self
          So far from me too is your home
          to which I can never find my way
          your fairy tale...

Comment

Originally posted by tsukiakari View Post
            Honestly I don't think this is any more or less canon than the book covers or the other versions of Nancy from non-Her games. I'm not thinking of it as Her's "definitive" Nancy or something...the art style of this thing is too different from the PC games for starters, and I'm not even really associating the whole app with Her anyway.

Aside from that, it's just a standard Nancy based on how she's always described. I do find it interesting that she's dressed a bit fancier than usual, but then again she had a fancy style in the original books, so maybe they want to get back to that or something.
            Yeah, that's definitely how she's been classically represented in other non-HeR-created media, I just always liked that Her has never gone that route with representing Nancy in the past. Or at least has gone a slightly different route. In the classic books they describe Nancy's outfit a lot and stuff, but that was always not really focused on in past Her games

Comment

They look like animes. I bet they were animated in Japan and everything is outsourced lol. I just hope they're not using that voice actor in the main series.

Comment

Idk, I think her outfit is similar to ones worn by the kids on Disney Chanel and Nick so I don't think its so out of the ordinary. It's a trend now. Dressier than what I wore at that age but whenever I see my cousin (she's a second grader) she's always very dressed up like that. Leggings, dresses, skirts.. she dresses better than I do most times!

Comment

I just watched it again, and I'm really confused. She's in Elementary and she knows how to make a perfect robot dog! Also, I think it's ironic that in ND there's normally a robot cat of some sorts and now there's a robot dog!

..(\/)
                  ..( ..)
                  c('')('')

Comment

Originally posted by bumblebeex3 View Post
                    Idk, I think her outfit is similar to ones worn by the kids on Disney Chanel and Nick so I don't think its so out of the ordinary. It's a trend now. Dressier than what I wore at that age but whenever I see my cousin (she's a second grader) she's always very dressed up like that. Leggings, dresses, skirts.. she dresses better than I do most times!

Idk, Disney Channel and Nick have always made kids a lot dressier than they are irl imo, or at least when I was in that age group, so even if it's normal to represent kids that way in the media Her could've gone a different direction, y'know? Like how when HeR started, games for girls were always pink, but they chose to make games differently. I really don't think it's a big deal or anything though lol. It makes sense that they chose to represent her that way since it's definitely in line with classic Nancy :P

Comment

Originally posted by NDsolver<3 View Post
                      I just watched it again, and I'm really confused. She's in Elementary and she knows how to make a perfect robot dog! Also, I think it's ironic that in ND there's normally a robot cat of some sorts and now there's a robot dog!
                      Well, it's supposed to be inspiring. If 8 year old Nancy can operate a robot dog, then so can the players! I think it would be pretty cool if kids playing the game decided to put together their own basic robot. With help from adults it probably wouldn't be that hard.

Comment

Originally posted by phoenix star View Post
                        Well, it's supposed to be inspiring. If 8 year old Nancy can operate a robot dog, then so can the players! I think it would be pretty cool if kids playing the game decided to put together their own basic robot. With help from adults it probably wouldn't be that hard.
                        Ah. That would be cool if kids got inspired to make things, like maybe not even a robot, but other cool things, most likely with help from parents. I just think it'd make a little more since if she said with a little help from maybe her dad or someone.

..(\/)
                        ..( ..)
                        c('')('')

Comment

I don't mind them showing Nancy since this is a different series from the first player original, and I don't plan to play it anyway unless I ever have kids lol! I agree with Phoenix, she looks Asian, especially George, but that is a popular art style now and it's one I don't mind. I just find it kind of funny.
                          As for the way she is dressed, I've always preferred that Nancy be more true to the original books in which she was charming and in keeping with fashion. I don't think that has to mean that she's a Disney diva character who worries about what to wear when she goes out. But, there is something about this Nancy that definitely reminds me of Disney and Nik shows! Definitely not appealing to me, but for the intended age target it will probably go over well.
                          Castle Quote
                          Sorenson: Really, we're gonna waste time on the insights of Nancy Drew here?
                          Castle: Is that supposed to be an insult? Because Nancy Drew solved every case!
                          I love this line!

Comment

Originally posted by bumblebeex3 View Post
                            I agree with you. Coming from a person that has twin 7 year old girls! When I go to buy them an outfit or something, the style is dressier than it was when I was that age. I find myself saying sometimes that I wish they had it in my size! Most of the kids in her school are dressed that way.
                            ...................................•*¨¯¨*•.•*¨¯¨*•..........
                            ...................`•.,¸_¸,.•´.....*•-•´`•-•*.....´•.,,_¸,.•`
                            .•*¨¯¨*•................................................... ...........•*¨¯¨*•.
                            (.....*•-•´.¸.•*¨¯¨*•.¸.....GoNancyDrew AKA LJ.....¸.•*¨¯¨*•.`•-•*......)
                            `•.,¸_¸,.•´................) ........................(...............´•.,,_¸,.•`
                            ..................•.,¸_¸,.•´...........................`•.,¸_¸,.•
                            ..................................•*¨¯¨*•.•*¨¯¨*•.
                            .................................(....*•-•´`•-•*......)..........
                            ............................´•.,,_¸,.•`´•.,,_¸,.`
                            ............................................©ac

Comment

I think this young Nancy looks adorable! The character designs seems very appealing to young girls, and reminds me of the older Strawberry Shortcake characters - fashionable, but not drowning in pink, and fairly practical. Personally, I'm really happy that HeR decided to give Nancy her signature titian red hair, as opposed to strawberry blond or blond, as she's been represented elsewhere in the Nancy-Drewniverse.

Comment

Working...
                              X