Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you think of this game?? (NO spoilers please)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you think of this game?? (NO spoilers please)

Come rate this game for us and give us your overall opinion. We want to know. You can make your vote and then either post and explain why you rated it as you did (without game event or cultprit name/gender spoilers). OR just provide us with a link to a past review you may have written. This is meant to be helpful to all those gamers who may not have played this game yet and come here to find out what we thought of it. So keep that in mind when posting please. Thank you!!

1.40%
    2.10%
    1.63%
    4.43%
    7.46%
    12.12%
    22.61%
    20.98%
    17.02%
    10.26%
    ²..Rianna
    .¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸…..¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸ .If you can hear me now
    (......°.¸_¸.'¸.•°......°.¸_¸.' ……I'm .r e a c h i n g out
    .°•.,¸_¸,.•°…..²¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸……¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸ To let you know that
    ……………………'.¸_¸°……°•.¸ '.¸_¸°……) …… You're .not a l o n e
    ©Rianna..…………………²….°•.,¸_¸,.•° Lullaby - Nickelback

I gave it a nine. I thought the game was ah-maz-ing! Except I didn't like that we switched characters so much, but otherwise it was a great game!

-- Hannah <3
    The one person who never wins any awards at the end of the game.

Comment

8 for me.

I really enjoyed it probably my favourite cast since TRN and the plot mystery was solid all the way through. Gameplay touched upon things we haven't done before but was sometimes tedious.

All in all a good one in my book midway in my top 10 list.

Comment

I gave it a six. It was too short, too easy, and had too few puzzles. Switching between everyone was a pain.

Also, some of the character graphics looked pretty bad.

A U D A C E S .F O R T U N A .I U V A T
        F O R T U N E .FAVORS .T H E .B O L D .
        ©

Comment

I gave it a 7. I loved the plot and characters, but the game was too short and switching was a hassle.
          I know that Secrets Can Kill.
          I have read the Message in the Haunted Mansion.
          I have found the Treasure in the Royal Tower.
          I have seen the Final Scene.
          I know the Secret of the Scarlet Hand.
          I have seen the Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake.
          I have ridden the Haunted Carousel.
          I know the Danger on Deception Island.
          I know the Secret of Shadow Ranch.
          I know the Curse of Blackmoor Manor.
          I know the Secret of the Old Clock.
          I have ridden the Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon.
          I know the Danger by Design.
          I have seen the Creature of Kapu Cave.
          I have seen the White Wolf of Icicle Creek.
          I know the Legend of the Crystal Skull.
          I have unmasked the Phantom of Venice.
          I have read the Warnings at Waverly Academy.
          I have followed the Trail of the Twister.
          I know that Secrets Can still Kill.
          I have seen the Shadow at Water's Edge!

Comment

Liked the logic of it

Nine. I truly loved that the mystery made so much logical sense! Yes, it seemed more serious than usual, but that made it seem more real. I thought that switching between characters was fun. Overall, I liked it. But I have one heavy gripe: my bonus edition did NOT have out-takes!! I expected out-takes, PLUS extra out-takes!! What's up with that?!

Comment

9 for me. I loved the plot. It really reminded me of one of the older games. There were a couple mechanical things that were a little tedious like having to use Nancy to switch between players. Aside from that I'd say this is one of my favorites.

Comment

8 for me. I thought it was good, but it was okay. Switching characters was crazy!

Comment

5 for me. Just an okay game for me =)
                  …………………………………Ballerina93
                  …………………………¸.·*¨¯¨*·.¸
                  ………………………..(……….. `·.,¸_¸,.·´¯)
                  …………………………``·.¸……………¸.·´
                  I'd rather d i e tomorrow than live a hundred years w i t h o u t knowing y o u.
                  ………………………………--Belle, Beauty and the Beast

.…………,·*¨¯¨*·.¸………….).…….(………….¸.·*¨¯¨*·,
                  .…………``·-·*…..`·.,¸__¸,.·´……….`·.,¸__¸,.·´…..*·-·´´

©

Comment

One. It was extremely unenjoyable. It was my least favorite game. You guys didn't care about the plot line or characters and just focused on graphics and looks. I also have a review if you want to see the details.
                    .¸·*´¨¯¨`*·¸……¸.·*´¨¯¨)
                    (………_…¸.·´ ¸.·´ Oh,
                    .`×.,¸_¸,.×´ ¸.·´
                    ……… …¸.·´ What a nice world we would live in if
                    …………( ....................Cruelty
                    …… ……`¸¸.·´¯)Wasn't contagious
                    ……_ …¸.·´ '·-·´
                    …_…,¸.·´ .................................................. .............-Unknown

Comment

9. I loved almost everything about the game! It could have been a little harder. However, when a game is too hard, I complain about that too!

Thanks for a great game, HER!
                      My Game Reviews
                      |SCK|STFD|MHM|TRT|FIN|SSH|
                      |DOG|CAR|DDI|SHA|CUR|CLK|
                      |GTH|

Comment

I gave it a 9.

I mean they gave us what a majority of the fans have been asking for... a game that takes place in River Heights. And, they put Ned in the game.

Now that I'm thinking about it I think it really deserved a 7. Because playing as four different people was something new and exciting, I wouldn't want it in every game, but it was something different. I rather enjoyed it excpet the fact that you had to call Nancy then call somone else just to switch characters.

Seeing the River Heights map was exciting as well, and it wasn't nessesarily not being able to go into very many of those places that upset me, it was the fact that they never gave you a reason to go to any of those places! (except one assignment in the beginning)

Each of the suspects had a good reason for burning town hall, and thinking about their motives was fun.

Also, they let us put together all the clues to figure out who-done-it in the end.

I think I've turned this into a review more than my opinion and why I voted 9. My point is, Her Interactive really tried to please it's fans on this one, showing us the Drew home, and Nancy's room. So I think it deserves a 9.

-Penny

Spread the word! On
                        March 5
                        We're going to set a new
                        HER Record
                        click here for more info

The HeR message boards taught me to be a girl who "isn't afraid"
                        and to pursue my dreams! THESE very boards made me the
                        creative girl I am today... thank you Herians! Though I don't have
                        much time for ND these days, I sign in now and again to see
                        what 'fun' is still being had here. -Penny

Comment

I give it a 7.

While the places that we could visit were beautifully created and fun, I don't think that there were enough places to go to. Also, in the areas you did get to visit, the wasn't much to see or do there. I like to be able to click on anything and everything, and I couldn't. While very cute, Nancy's house served almost no purpose. (though I did enjoy seeing it!)

I have hated switching characters in every other game besides this one, excluding TRN [because we switched so infrequently...and it was the first...]. Guess what?! I got to switch times 3! ... :( *sarcasm* It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, and I can understand why it was necessary, although I still prefer to be Nancy. Just Nancy.

I really liked all of the detective work in this game, and the sleuthing opportunities! This is a huge bonus to a die-hard snooping fan. :p While I did miss the puzzles, I'd rather play a sleuthing based game with few puzzles [ASH, STFD...] as opposed to a puzzle based game, with little/no snooping [TOT, RAN...] I did enjoy the puzzles that were there, however.

There was a lot of character interaction, and looking for alibis and what not. I really liked that. It fit well with the overall goal [who started the fire?!] and it let us get to know the characters more. One complaint about the characters - many of them seem to share the same annoying qualities. While that's fine for one character, it would've been nice to have their personalities vary a bit. Alexei was great, though. Also, besides Alexei, we never really got to get to know them. Sure, there was a lot of talking, and yet I still didn't really feel like I knew them. I like to learn all about characters, and their pasts, and what not. It makes them seem much more real, and it makes a game more interesting.

I liked this ending tons better than CAP and SAW. It's not the best, although much better. And it's unique, a big plus!

Overall, I did like this game. It was a solid installment, although it wasn't without its flaws. I still like CAP & SAW much better, however this game is miles ahead of RAN or TOT.
                          Last edited by Girl Sleuth ♥; June 20, 2013, 08:21 PM.
                          ...·*¨¯¨*·...·........................
                          ..‘·-·.......).·*¨¯¨*·......·

strange how the half light
                          .....can maKe a PLace new.
                          ...·.....(.............·¨¯)....·
                          ..........‘· . ¸ _ ¸‘. · ’...............·
                          ..........·........... . ¸
                          thanks Spaghetti!

Comment

This is going to be a tad on the long side, but it's not going to go anywhere near in enough detail/talk about everything, so I'll post it here:

I'd probably give this game a 6. I'm usually a generous rater, but *shrugs*

The scenery was beautiful. Before I began the game, I wasn't overly excited to finally get to play in RH or anything. However, I grew to rather enjoy traveling around Nancy's home town. The problem with this was there were too few places to explore. I thought that as the game progressed, we would get to explore more of these places. But that was a no go. Nancy's room was pretty cool, though. I loved seeing a bunch of old case memorabilia.

The characters were an overall disappointment. I like when the characters are different (by this I mean when the characters all have unique qualities in relation to each other) and complex. Either some of the characters shared a few too many unpleasant similarities with each other, or they were so dull that I didn't care to learn much more from them. I liked Alexei a lot, though.

The puzzles in this game were very minimal. They were also mostly rather simple, at that. I'm usually the type who runs off to a walkthrough the instant I can't solve something. This didn't happen to me until the final puzzle at the end. For whatever puzzles there were, they weren't really that enjoyable. I personally don't like an overwhelming amount of puzzles (especially very long puzzles), however I was still disappointed with the lack of them in this game.

From previous games, I absolutely 100% loved character switching. Knowing that there would be character switching among four people, I was very much looking forward to doing this. However, it became tedious in a couple of ways. Having to always call Nancy to get from, say Bess to Ned, was irritating. Also, if one character possessed something in their inventory, they couldn't just give it over to another character to use. You had to change yet again to them to complete the specific task at hand. Therefore, this led to a lot of constantly annoying switching.

The game gets a lot of points for all of the detective work. I had a lot of fun collecting/analyzing/doing whatever else with the evidence I got. I also had a ridiculous amount of trouble deducing the culprit (though I eventually figured it out) due to all of the of the strong evidence piling up for every single character.

The ending was very disappointing in its way of revealing the culprit. I'll stop at that. However, the task/puzzle that came at the end was satisfactory. (The ending was far better than those of the previous two games, I'd say.)

Overall, I did like the game. I'll certainly be playing it again. And probably often enough. It had a bunch of strong points. It's just nowhere near my list of... top 15 favorites? Sounds about right. (Oh, and for the sake of comparison, I felt CAP was much better than this game and SAW was much much better lol.)
                            Last edited by Laura Jean; October 18, 2011, 10:43 PM.

Comment

I gave it an 8, a fairly good game!
                              I'm a guy! :)
                              I'm Australian! :)
                              I'm a Christian! :)

MY AEs :D
                              FIN TOT

Comment

Working...
                              X