Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you think of this game?? (NO spoilers please)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not the Best ND Adventure Game

I look forward to all the ND Adverture Games and have collected and played them all. However, I was disappointed with this game. I prefer to not have to switch between characters (and u had to go back to Nancy each time) - but it was different. Not enough puzzles to solve. Wished we could have explored more of the town. Nice to go inside Nancy`s home and wished we could have explored more of it. Not long enough - I finished it in one day. Twister for me was at the bottom and this one next. I gave it a 6. Looking forward to ND26.
    Last edited by Cat Woman; March 8, 2012, 08:33 AM.
    Pharaoh´s Tomb

Comment

Not my favorite, but still a decent game.

"WHENEVER YOU FEEL LIKE criticizing ANYONE...
      ▐▐ just remember that

all the people in this world

haven't had the advantages that you've had."
      {THE GREAT GATSBY}

Comment

Just loved this game, everything about it, except for the easy to guess culprit and the fact that you find out who it is too early.

PROS:
        • Playing as Bess, George and Ned
        • Bess's classic lines
        • Bacon flavored ice-cream(I just love bacon)
        • Eating all that Ice-cream
        • Set in River Heights
        • Snacks from Hannah(She's awesome)
        • The Automated driving

CONS:
        • The ending

And I also wished that you could switch between characters without having to switch to Nancy first.

I'd give it a 8.9 or 9.4
        Last edited by DrewFan22; July 4, 2012, 01:19 PM.
        ......,+´¨¯¨`׸+´¨¯¨`׸
        ......`·-·*......`·¸...*·-·´
        .....ıτ ıs our cнoıcεs τнατ
        ............ωнατ ωε τruℓy αrε,
        ....fαr morε τнαn our αℓıτıεs.
        ..........................`·¸................+´¯)
        .............................`×.,¸¸_¸,.×´....·´
        ..............................................'·-·»
        αℓbus dumbεdo

Comment

Not the best.

Gave it a 7. I HATED character switching. And for some reason, this game made me feel so exhausted. On the plus side, you get to snoop around a lot and collect clues (major plus). Also, Nancy's home is just lovely.

Things I didn't like:

- Like I said, character switching.
          - Some parts got so confusing at times.
          - The part leading to the ending. I spent an hour trying to figure it out.
          - Limited exploring.

Comment

I gave this game an 8.

I really did enjoy ASH. I loved all of the tasks that we fulfilled that were detective-related. It wasn't like any of the "internship" games where all we did was tasks non-relevant to the actual plot. The only thing I didn't care for in this game, were the new style of graphics. The characters however were great, and I had a lot of fun with this game. I plan on replaying it again sometime this summer. ^_^
            My in-depth review is right here!
            ........ ,•*¨¯¨*•.¸ .. Cause mirrors can’t see your heart
            ........ ',¸¸,• ..... `•.,¸_¸,.>................¸.-•-.¸
            ..<•-.¸ ........................|¯ `•.,¸_¸,.•´ ........)
            .........`•.,¸_¸,.•´¯) .... ¸.-•> ............... <•´
            (_¸.•´ ©L.bulldog & Rise Against

sorry I've been gone so long.
            really miss you all!
            -rachel <3

Comment

Gave it a 9!

Just now getting around to voting, even though we pre-ordered a hard copy and played it right away. We liked it! A lot! Not one of our top 2 or three, but very satisfying. Fun to see River Heights, switch characters, and spring Nancy from jail.

Sure, there were some things we could have found fault with, but looking back, they are hard to recall, and what we really remember is how much we enjoyed playing this game. Putting together the clues was challenging, and we liked figuring out the culprit & vindicating our favorite girl detective. The ending did not disappoint. A winner!

Comment

Incredibly dissapointing...

After following all of Nancy's adventures and never being completely dissapointed with a game, this shocked me. I found the game annoying, boring, not much of a mystery, short, and easy! It was really, really bad, imho.

In short, the puzzles were really simple. It got boring switching between players. The culprit was pretty easy to guess (there were only two people really who would have done it ). The plot was - politely put - boring; the culprit literally had a very pathetic reason behind it.

So, yes, I'm dissapointed. And I'm really hoping HeR will listen to their fans and make a game similiar to CUR or SAW. Something long, challanging, excited and with a deep plot that actually makes me go "Wow! That was sooo cool! "

gabby
                a smile a day keeps the....·´´¨¯¨``)
                `·.,¸¸,.//´¨¯¨``· »
                haters away «·´

Awesome sig, MinetteVictoria! Thanks!

Just call me gabby the blabby

Please sign the PETITION for HeR to make SOS!

Comment

This was actually my favorite of the Nancy Drew games. I really liked getting to be Bess, George, and Ned. I hope that we get to do it again sometime.

Too bad we never saw Ned.

I thought the characters were great. I really thought the culprit was someone else since the evidence was so heavily stacked against them.

It only took me a few hours on the junior level to win, but I could have played longer. I am sure it would have been much harder on Senior level.

I do miss this old interface. The new interface in TMB cuts off letters in the text. But, I'll save those complaints for a TMB review.

I also really liked getting to see River Heights.

Oh, and I did try every single ice cream flavor, but I still didn't get the dairy reward. Weird. I also solved at least 4 swap puzzles without a reward.

Still, big thumbs up for this game!

Comment

Didn't LOVE it

I really wish I loved it, but it just didn't work for me as much as the other games. It was VERY fun though!
                    Niacin.

Comment

Here are my thoughts on Alibi in Ashes:

I thought that this game was probably the 2nd worst game Her has made. It was short, easy, and I have to say that switching back and forth between people was somewhat annoying. It also bugged me that Nancy wasn't at all worried about being in jail. Nancy also just kind of used Ned, Bess and George as her little errand runners. She just kind of kept telling them to go talk to this person, go run this errand, go get this type thing. I gave this game a 5/10.

Pros:

-Alexei Markovic
                      -Flavors of ice cream
                      -Nancy's house.

Cons:

-The ending
                      -All the characters except Alexei
                      -Tony's attitude
                      -The beginning
                      -Nancy's non fear of being in jail
                      -Music
                      -Scenic view

Definitely not the best game.
                      “ God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
                      Courage to change the things I can, and Wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Old timer's view

I gave this game a 9 - because there were many things I liked about it. I liked it much better than RAN...thank goodness I didn't have to drive the car through the streets.

Pro's -

- switching characters
                        - the detective stuff - felt like a real detective again.
                        - being in River Heights
                        - Great storyline
                        - the side bar of Alexei - wish it had been developed further.
                        - I loved the 2 mini games.

Con's -
                        - wish we could have switched from Ned to George to Bess without having to go through Nancy
                        - wish they had more of the mystery and clue finding - maybe history of River Heights in the last part of the game after Nancy confronts and follows the real culprit.
                        - Wish there had been more games
                        - would have been neat if Bess, George, or Ned got to work the icecream counter - expected it at first.

I thought they were going to give us a history of anvils and metals, or maybe development of civil government, small town pioneering, etc. Missed that aspect.

Overall, great game. I had fun watching for the appearances of the other games.
                        60'sNDFan
                        =========================================
                        Nancy Drew Adventure
                        SCK, SCK2, STFD, MHM, TRT, FIN, SSH, DOG, CAR, DDI,
                        SHA, CUR, CLK, TRN, DAN, CRE, ICE, ICE Wii, CRY, VEN,
                        HAU, RAN, WAC, TOT, SAW, CAP, ASH, TMB, DED, GTH

Nancy Drew Dossier
                        LCC & RED
                        Hardy Boys - DS
                        HBDS1

=========================================

Sign a petition for Dossier Series #3 SOS here

Comment

Game Review

I basically enjoyed the game but the puzzles were onthe easy side.

Switching between players was cumbersome but I DID like being able to play the other characters. It was nice being another person.

It would have been nice to add another location to explore and a few more people to talk with. Maybe a few more clues and items to find would have filled out the story line more.

Enjoyed Nancy's home - that could have been more interesting if we could've gone into other rooms. Maybe I was just missing more details, other games seemed to be more involved.

I LOVE PLAYING THE GAMES AND FIGURING OUT CLUES!!!!

Ginger

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger2008 View Post
                            I basically enjoyed the game but the puzzles were onthe easy side.

Switching between players was cumbersome but I DID like being able to play the other characters. It was nice being another person.

It would have been nice to add another location to explore and a few more people to talk with. Maybe a few more clues and items to find would have filled out the story line more.

Enjoyed Nancy's home - that could have been more interesting if we could've gone into other rooms. Maybe I was just missing more details, other games seemed to be more involved.

I LOVE PLAYING THE GAMES AND FIGURING OUT CLUES!!!!

I loved the game to but was also disappointed that the Drew home was so limited. Would have been nice to cook something in Hannah's kitchen.

I gave it an 8
                            Last edited by Clueless in SA; August 21, 2012, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Game Review

i thought this game was the funnest game of the series,you could play as Ned,George,and Bess,and had good characters,the puzzles were hard but not too hard,
                              so overall i gave it a10
                              ..... . ∙ * ¨ ¯ ¨ * ∙-»
                              ...I've fought imaginary elves
                              ...*.that are stronger than you!
                              .¸.·`-Danger by Design
                              (......................¸.·*¨¯¨*·¸
                              .` · . , ¸ _ ¸ , . · ` ......«-·'
                              …………………¸,.,¸
                              ..……WHERE THE `✧)
                              . ✦ ´ ¯ ` ✧ . , ¸ _ ¸ , . ✦ ´
                              Spirit OF THE Lord IS, THERE IS
                              ✦ . , ¸ _ ¸ , ✧ ´ ¯ ` ✦
                              ?freedom

Comment

I think it was a 7 cause it didnt have much snooping really(not good old fashion kind!!)And i hated having to change characters through Nancy.
                                And all I loved, I loved alone.

Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Working...
                                X