Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you think of this game?? (NO spoilers please)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gave it 10.

I really liked it. :)

Loved all the 'investigation' ...getting fingerprints,
    alibis, evidence. Snooping... :)

There was one game I loved...the Number Punch.
    I was frustrated at first, but then I couldn't stop playing it. :)

Comment

I loved it!

I loved that I could be other people. It was really interesting. The only reason I voted it a 9 instead of a 10 was because I didn't enjoy that I always had to call Nancy to switch from Ned to Beth or George. I wish I could have just passed it on regardless.

But either way, I really loved this storyline. One of my all time favorite Nancy Drew games.

Comment

I loved this game. It was super interesting. And really awesome. I thought it was a really original way to go. And did not really remind me a lot of any other game thus far. Which I thought was a plus.
        My only thing was that. While I liked switching characters, I felt like it would be nice if they could call each other and switch out that way. Instead of Calling Nancy. And then her having to call someone else.
        That seemed a little long.

But. I thought the game was overall awesome~
        .¸¤'¨¯¨`× A knight in shining armor never did anything for anybody.
        .'·--·'......)....
        He never fought.
        ........¸×'.........
        A knight in dented, scraped armor? Now that’s what you want.
        ......(...........¤'¯)........................×
        ........`¤.,¸_¸(,.×'..........¸×'¨¯¨`¤¸×'......
        .Lady Renate.
        ..................`×.,¸_¸,.¤'..........

Comment

My 2nd favorite game.It's really intresting, but i think SAW is a little better

Comment

Love This Game!

I absolutely love this game!!! I think one of the best things about it was being able to play as Bess, George, and Ned as well as Nancy! This is one of my favorites!!!!

Comment

Thoughts on AIA

I really enjoyed this game but agree that it could have been a little longer and a bit more challenging in some places. I really enjoyed not having to drive that car but it was still fun going to different places. I also enjoyed trading places with Nancy's friends.

Comment

I gave it a seven.

Things I liked:

*Seeing River Heights. I loved seeing Nancy's house and the rest of the town. Everything was so pretty! There was something a little antiquated about the architecture and furniture of the places, kind of like they were still stuck in the 50s, which was kind of cool. It had me wondering what area of the United States River Heights is supposed to be in. It sort of had a southern vibe to it, but none of the characters talk like Southerners, so that's probably not it.

*The crime and plot were pretty cool. Arson is a big deal, and I like games with "big" mysteries, so I was really motivated to find out who the culprit was.

*Getting to play as the Nancy's friends. I mean, I didn't like this so much that I'd like for it to be used again in future games, but it was interesting to try it out for one mystery. I liked that different characters were useful for different things, like Deirdre being more cooperative with Ned because she's crushing on him, and Toni being fond of Bess and being more willing to answer questions from her.

*There wasn't a ridiculous amount of puzzles and the ones that were here were relevant to the game. I did think that there could have been a few more obstacles in getting things done, though. It seemed like everything was super easy in this game.

Things I didn't like:

*The tactless dialogue. I think this is the second game (Captive Curse was the other) where Nancy (and in this case her friends too) would ask a character about something that would let a suspect know that they've been looking through their stuff. In this game it happened like three times. One of Nancy's friends would distract one of the suspects, then they'd look through the suspects closet/trunk/personal belongings, and then when the suspect came back, they'd ASK the suspect about something they found while spying (like "Why do you have ether?"). WHY would anybody do that? And why is it that none of these characters got mad about the fact someone just went through their personal stuff? This kind of thing just got on my nerves.

*Having to call Nancy to switch between the characters. It just wasted a lot of time. It would've been much easier if we could've just switched between the friends without having to call Nancy first.

*Who the culprit ended up being. I thought that this character had one of the weakest motives, and I still don't really "buy" it. There was one other character who had a much, much stronger motive and who had more to gain from burning down the town hall. I still don't fully understand why the culprit did what they did. I thought the ending was plain silly.

*The settings were pretty limited. I've noticed that the past few ND games have had settings that look like they have a lot of stuff, but which barely have anything to click on. Also, most of the settings are just like one room. I like games where there's a lot to explore.

I think that's pretty much it right now. I have high hopes that Thorton Hall will be a lot better.

Comment

I really enjoyed this game. I liked the storyline and the setting being River Heights. I liked how the puzzles weren't super hard. I could solve them without having to look for a lot of hints while still feeling challenged. The only thing that bothered me about this game was constantly switching characters. I love the idea as playing as Bess, George, and Ned but I'd rather just play as one of them instead of all three.

Comment

Super Awesome, But Not The Greatest!

It wasn't the best game HeR ever made, but I enjoyed it. This is the second game, I think, that you can play as Nancy's friends (Crystal Skull being the first) and I thought it was SUPER awesome! I do recommend playing this game! I was also glad that we finally got to see Ned's face, although it was only one photo.

Comment

• this is definitely the best game I have ever played
                      I voted a 10/10!!
                      Hello Dead End,
                      My name is Nancy Drew
                      .........…..(………….¸«´¨¯¨`+¸
                      ….........…`+.,¸_¸,.×´.,ר¯¨*)
                      ……….....................
                      `+.,_,.×´

Click here for my petition to have Togo in a game
                      http://community.herinteractive.com/....php?t=1300426

Comment

• I give it a 7/10. I'm just going to say some random things that I liked and disliked to keep it short. Well for one, the game seemed pretty short. After Nancy gets out of jail, it seems like everything is rushed. I liked the story line and the plot, and in my opinion, they could have made the game a lot more suspenseful! It wasn't really all that exciting. You got to do a lot of snooping and forensics type stuff but sometimes you found yourself at a dead end and not really knowing what to do. It just didn't feel threatening after the beginning sequence, not even really at the end.
                        I myself did not enjoy switching characters. I'm not one for change and while I don't mind seeing Bess and George in person, I don't want to play as them! I like just being Nancy. It was different being able to play as them, but I just feel weird not being Nancy, especially when your inventory's are all different and the switching was kind of annoying to do. Although I enjoy seeing Bess and George in person as characters, and would like to see Ned in the future.
                        Let me just say Nancy's house was gorgeous! I would love to have her house. I couldn't wait to explore it and see it, although it seemed pretty irrelevant to the game most of the time, but oh well. I enjoyed the setting of River Heights and the graphics were appealing to the eye. The characters all looked good except for Alexei. He looked weird and misshaped, in my opinion.
                        The music from what I can remember was generic. I didn't really hear it all that often so that tells you how that is. It never really changed much.
                        I thought they made it too obvious who the culprit was and it made the ending way less exciting and suspenseful. I found the puzzle that came along with the ending boring as well. I like when you have absolutely no idea who the culprit is until you open a door or turn the corner and see them - This game just made it feel to obvious, and then you had to go "find them". I like the scary endings! Not these type.

Okay, I said a lot more than I planned but once I start I can't stop. This game was okay, but not really what I was anticipating. I liked how the puzzles weren't too hard but the game was too short and not thrilling enough! Good, but once again, not their best. They could've done much better with what they were working with. Alright, I'm done lol.

Comment

• I gave this game a 9/10. I'm probably going to write a review too, so I'm not going to write a lot. This is one of my favorite games. I liked the fact that the player could switch between playing as Nancy, Bess, George, and Ned. I wouldn't want all of the games to be played that way, but in this game it was a nice addition and not confusing at all like it seemed like it could be. The characters were interesting and it was also nice to be able to talk to characters like Bess and George who were not suspects. There were plenty of puzzles, and they were all very different. Overall, I really liked this game.

~Wolfie
                          When you have eliminated the impossible
                          - ʘ - whatever remains,
                          however improbable
                          must be the truth. ■- ▄ - Sherlock Holmes

Popping in for a short visit. I've missed you all!

Comment

• It's a 6

I am going to give this game a 6. It seemed too short to me, and although the tunnels puzzle was difficult, everything else seemed too easy. It only took me one day to beat this game. However, I loved that this game took place in Nancy's hometown and I loved getting to be Ned, Bess, and George. I loved touring Nancy's house and it made me think of the flashbacks from SPY of her coming down the stairs to the piano. I also loved sampling the ice cream :ice-cream: :ice-cream:
                            It was interesting to me how the culprit was revealed before the end of the game. Overall I am giving this game a 6 because of the sometimes bad graphics, short game, and too simple of puzzles.

Comment

• Originally posted by zillionthwriter View Post

Things I didn't like:

*The tactless dialogue. I think this is the second game (Captive Curse was the other) where Nancy (and in this case her friends too) would ask a character about something that would let a suspect know that they've been looking through their stuff. In this game it happened like three times. One of Nancy's friends would distract one of the suspects, then they'd look through the suspects closet/trunk/personal belongings, and then when the suspect came back, they'd ASK the suspect about something they found while spying (like "Why do you have ether?"). WHY would anybody do that? And why is it that none of these characters got mad about the fact someone just went through their personal stuff? This kind of thing just got on my nerves.

*Having to call Nancy to switch between the characters. It just wasted a lot of time. It would've been much easier if we could've just switched between the friends without having to call Nancy first.

*Who the culprit ended up being. I thought that this character had one of the weakest motives, and I still don't really "buy" it. There was one other character who had a much, much stronger motive and who had more to gain from burning down the town hall. I still don't fully understand why the culprit did what they did. I thought the ending was plain silly.

*The settings were pretty limited. I've noticed that the past few ND games have had settings that look like they have a lot of stuff, but which barely have anything to click on. Also, most of the settings are just like one room. I like games where there's a lot to explore.

I think that's pretty much it right now. I have high hopes that Thorton Hall will be a lot better.
                              I agree with you 100%, especially about the tactless dialogue and the setting. I was super disappointed that we couldn't actually go in any of the several places we could click on.

That said, I thought this was a fun little game, with a believable mystery and lots of cool actual detective work. It was short and sweet. There were no unnecessary "tasks" which was nice in the sense that the puzzles didn't detract from the mystery but I would have liked more scares and definitely more places to explore!
                              ....¸•**•¸
                              .../&&&&./\..•L a i a n n a•
                              ...\&&&&/.(
                              .../&&&/._/
                              ...\&&&\
                              .../&&&/_\
                              ...././.._)
                              ..././\___\
                              ._/./..\___\____.•.___/|/¯|
                              /__/...(_______________|__|
                              ©tr2

Comment

• Fun Game

I really enjoyed Alibi in Ashes, I gave it a 9. The only reason I didn't give it a 10 is that the game is shorter than I would have liked, but I really enjoyed it. There are tons of locations to go to, and it's cool when we get to play as other characters other than Nancy! I've played it twice so far, and I'll definitely play it again.

Comment

Working...
                                X