Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you think of this game?? (NO spoilers please)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mgates
    replied

I loved having FOUR task lists to check off!

Leave a comment:

• acheter
    replied
    I hope future games are just as wonderful at this one.

Leave a comment:

• NewInvestigator
    replied
    Me and my friend has almost beat this one and I absolutely love it! So I give it around a 10/10 , even though my favorite will more than likely always be DED.

Leave a comment:

• iheartjb27
    replied
    9/10

I really like this game - it reminds me a bit of the original games in the sense that there aren't a lot of crazy and impossible puzzles, and it feels like more of a mystery. I really liked collecting clues like fingerprints and alibis. I thought it was so cool trying to get Nancy out of Jail and I liked playing the other characters. Only thing that annoyed me was having to go through Nancy first to switch characters. Overall, very good! Only reason I gave it a 9 was because the graphics for the characters were weird (their faces all looked blurry) and for the fact that switching characters was a tad annoying.

Leave a comment:

• NickyLarson
    replied
    I've just finished replaying ASH for the third or fourth time. What I like about it is that it's quite different from the usual ND games. Here, there are no puzzles (apart from a couple ones thrown in), no mysterious new place to explore, nothing new to learn about a foreign culture or historical period - instead, you have a genuine investigation, and I thought that was really cool.

The gameplay is a bit different than in other games, focusing more on finding alibis, fingerprints or samples to test, and that's what made it so interesting in my opinion. I also really enjoyed controlling Nancy's friends for a change, I thought this idea was well executed, with some friends more apt to talk to some characters than other for example. I actually enjoyed the setting, I liked having this small town to drive around, and it was fun to tak a peek in Nancy's day-to-day life. Some characters were a bit on the cliché side, but it was enjoyable to talk to them and discover their secrets.

It was a tad short though, I must say. I also wish there had been more to interact with in the different places we could go to. In the end, I gave it an 8.

Leave a comment:

• honeybee02
    replied
    In my opinion....

In my opinion, it was one of the best games! It was lots of fun and challenging at the same time. I loved the fact that we could switch people! Though, I don't like the fact that every time we wanted to be someone different, we had to go to Nancy first. But even through all of that whatnot, I loved the game! I gave it a 9.

EDIT: One more thing,. I think the ending should have been harder! The ending was the reason for the point off.

Leave a comment:

• Peachrose1313
    replied
    What did I thing of Alibi in Ashes?

I loved this game. Nancy really had to take responsibility for her actions. The ice cream and video game mini games were great. It seemed when it ended that there were still some mysteries to be solved!

Leave a comment:

• randomgeek101
    replied

Loved this one! I liked that everything was spread out and there were many different view points to explore. I also loved the characters. It kept me wanting to play until the end

Leave a comment:

• BlondeRobynGirl
    replied
    Fun Game

I really enjoyed Alibi in Ashes, I gave it a 9. The only reason I didn't give it a 10 is that the game is shorter than I would have liked, but I really enjoyed it. There are tons of locations to go to, and it's cool when we get to play as other characters other than Nancy! I've played it twice so far, and I'll definitely play it again.

Leave a comment:

• Nancydrew14
    replied
    Originally posted by zillionthwriter View Post

Things I didn't like:

*The tactless dialogue. I think this is the second game (Captive Curse was the other) where Nancy (and in this case her friends too) would ask a character about something that would let a suspect know that they've been looking through their stuff. In this game it happened like three times. One of Nancy's friends would distract one of the suspects, then they'd look through the suspects closet/trunk/personal belongings, and then when the suspect came back, they'd ASK the suspect about something they found while spying (like "Why do you have ether?"). WHY would anybody do that? And why is it that none of these characters got mad about the fact someone just went through their personal stuff? This kind of thing just got on my nerves.

*Having to call Nancy to switch between the characters. It just wasted a lot of time. It would've been much easier if we could've just switched between the friends without having to call Nancy first.

*Who the culprit ended up being. I thought that this character had one of the weakest motives, and I still don't really "buy" it. There was one other character who had a much, much stronger motive and who had more to gain from burning down the town hall. I still don't fully understand why the culprit did what they did. I thought the ending was plain silly.

*The settings were pretty limited. I've noticed that the past few ND games have had settings that look like they have a lot of stuff, but which barely have anything to click on. Also, most of the settings are just like one room. I like games where there's a lot to explore.

I think that's pretty much it right now. I have high hopes that Thorton Hall will be a lot better.
    I agree with you 100%, especially about the tactless dialogue and the setting. I was super disappointed that we couldn't actually go in any of the several places we could click on.

That said, I thought this was a fun little game, with a believable mystery and lots of cool actual detective work. It was short and sweet. There were no unnecessary "tasks" which was nice in the sense that the puzzles didn't detract from the mystery but I would have liked more scares and definitely more places to explore!

Leave a comment:

• nancyisitdoe93
    replied
    It's a 6

I am going to give this game a 6. It seemed too short to me, and although the tunnels puzzle was difficult, everything else seemed too easy. It only took me one day to beat this game. However, I loved that this game took place in Nancy's hometown and I loved getting to be Ned, Bess, and George. I loved touring Nancy's house and it made me think of the flashbacks from SPY of her coming down the stairs to the piano. I also loved sampling the ice cream :ice-cream: :ice-cream:
    It was interesting to me how the culprit was revealed before the end of the game. Overall I am giving this game a 6 because of the sometimes bad graphics, short game, and too simple of puzzles.

Leave a comment:

• Isis4ever
    replied
    I gave this game a 9/10. I'm probably going to write a review too, so I'm not going to write a lot. This is one of my favorite games. I liked the fact that the player could switch between playing as Nancy, Bess, George, and Ned. I wouldn't want all of the games to be played that way, but in this game it was a nice addition and not confusing at all like it seemed like it could be. The characters were interesting and it was also nice to be able to talk to characters like Bess and George who were not suspects. There were plenty of puzzles, and they were all very different. Overall, I really liked this game.

~Wolfie

Leave a comment:

• nancydroo
    replied
    I give it a 7/10. I'm just going to say some random things that I liked and disliked to keep it short. Well for one, the game seemed pretty short. After Nancy gets out of jail, it seems like everything is rushed. I liked the story line and the plot, and in my opinion, they could have made the game a lot more suspenseful! It wasn't really all that exciting. You got to do a lot of snooping and forensics type stuff but sometimes you found yourself at a dead end and not really knowing what to do. It just didn't feel threatening after the beginning sequence, not even really at the end.
    I myself did not enjoy switching characters. I'm not one for change and while I don't mind seeing Bess and George in person, I don't want to play as them! I like just being Nancy. It was different being able to play as them, but I just feel weird not being Nancy, especially when your inventory's are all different and the switching was kind of annoying to do. Although I enjoy seeing Bess and George in person as characters, and would like to see Ned in the future.
    Let me just say Nancy's house was gorgeous! I would love to have her house. I couldn't wait to explore it and see it, although it seemed pretty irrelevant to the game most of the time, but oh well. I enjoyed the setting of River Heights and the graphics were appealing to the eye. The characters all looked good except for Alexei. He looked weird and misshaped, in my opinion.
    The music from what I can remember was generic. I didn't really hear it all that often so that tells you how that is. It never really changed much.
    I thought they made it too obvious who the culprit was and it made the ending way less exciting and suspenseful. I found the puzzle that came along with the ending boring as well. I like when you have absolutely no idea who the culprit is until you open a door or turn the corner and see them - This game just made it feel to obvious, and then you had to go "find them". I like the scary endings! Not these type.

Okay, I said a lot more than I planned but once I start I can't stop. This game was okay, but not really what I was anticipating. I liked how the puzzles weren't too hard but the game was too short and not thrilling enough! Good, but once again, not their best. They could've done much better with what they were working with. Alright, I'm done lol.

Leave a comment:

• ilovenetball
    replied
    this is definitely the best game I have ever played
    I voted a 10/10!!

Leave a comment:

• MajesticMonster
    replied
    Super Awesome, But Not The Greatest!

It wasn't the best game HeR ever made, but I enjoyed it. This is the second game, I think, that you can play as Nancy's friends (Crystal Skull being the first) and I thought it was SUPER awesome! I do recommend playing this game! I was also glad that we finally got to see Ned's face, although it was only one photo.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X