My Short but Sweet ASH spoiler free review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Short but Sweet ASH spoiler free review

I wasn't really all that excited for a game set in River Heights but I've been proven wrong, this is one of my favorite Nancy Drew games now!

Characters 5/5: I really loved all the characters they were really fun to talk to.

Plot 5/5: I really loved the plot it was very well thought out and I had loads of fun using all 4 characters.

Puzzles 4/5: I loved the puzzles but I thought they were mostly too easy, they were fun to do though. I would of liked a bit more of them though.

Snooping 4/5: Lots of snooping and it was really fun but I only got caught once the whole game, so could of been a tad more suspenseful.

Map/getting around 5/5: This is my favorite way to travel a map where you click to go somewhere but it still looks like you are driving yourself.

Ending 5/5 I really loved the ending it was really exciting, the last puzzle to catch the culprit was a tad confusing so it made it hard but it was still fun.

I think this is a wonderful Nancy Drew game and I even like it more than some of the ones in other countries. I would like to thank Her for making another fabulous game. My only complaint was I was sad when it ended I wanted more it only took me 6 hrs to beat but I will be doing another playthrough.

Also the next game looks really cool but I'm not going to say what it is because I'm not one of those people who likes to spoil things but I think a lot of people will be excited about it location.
    The game is afoot, use your little grey cells and when stuck phone a friend preferably with the last names Nickerson, Hardy, Fayne, or Marvin

Lovely review! And wow you finished it really quick!
    I'm happy to hear that the type of driving isn't
    controlled by us :p I'd be crashing all over the place, lol.
    Anyway, thanks for the spoiler free review!
    And man I don't get my game til like next Tuesday
    'cause I had to get 5-7 day shipping but glad to hear
    its a good game, now I'm really excited!!
    case cLoseD
    SCK STFD MHM TRT FIN SSH DOG CAR DDI SHA CUR CLK TRN DAN
    CRE ICE CRY VEN HAU RAN WAC TOT SAW CAP ASH TMB DED GTH

Comment

Did you play as Nancy a lot or was it mostly Bess/George/Ned?

Great review! I can't wait to play!
      O.M.G
      It's unlocked?
      by shadowspinner

i.can't.remember.
      me without You

Comment

Great review and very accurate! Thanks!
        When you have eliminated the impossible
        - ʘ - whatever remains,
        however improbable
        must be the truth. ■- ▄ - Sherlock Holmes

Popping in for a short visit. I've missed you all!

Comment

Thanks for the review, I've been waiting.

I do have a few questions.

1) Would you say the puzzle difficulty and amount was similar to CAP? To me, that game had "less" puzzles, and they were a bit easier (though not too easy).
          2) Did you use any hints/spoilers, or was the game just really easy? Would you recommend played on Sr. instead of Jr.?

Thanks in advance. :)
          ...·*¨¯¨*·...·........................
          ..‘·-·.......).·*¨¯¨*·......·

strange how the half light
          .....can maKe a PLace new.
          ...·.....(.............·¨¯)....·
          ..........‘· . ¸ _ ¸‘. · ’...............·
          ..........·........... . ¸
          thanks Spaghetti!

Comment

Originally posted by Girl Sleuth ♥ View Post
            Thanks for the review, I've been waiting.

I do have a few questions.

1) Would you say the puzzle difficulty and amount was similar to CAP? To me, that game had "less" puzzles, and they were a bit easier (though not too easy).
            2) Did you use any hints/spoilers, or was the game just really easy? Would you recommend played on Sr. instead of Jr.?

Thanks in advance. :)
            1. There is close to the same amount, but there is way more snooping than CAP. Some might of just been easy for me or I got lucky I don't know for sure. I will say that some of the books and stuff that explain the puzzles aren't always in the same location as the puzzle.
            2. Well the hint system that was in CAP is back I used it some but it wasn't too detailed. I don't know its a bit easy to get lost since you are switching characters alot so the checklist helps.

Hope that makes sense.
            The game is afoot, use your little grey cells and when stuck phone a friend preferably with the last names Nickerson, Hardy, Fayne, or Marvin

Comment

Originally posted by nancyloverdrew4 View Post
              Did you play as Nancy a lot or was it mostly Bess/George/Ned?

Great review! I can't wait to play!
              Actually there is a bunch of switching between everyone, some people can't do everything for one reason or another. Basically Nancy sends the others to get clues while shes in jail, but then they bring it to her and she does stuff with it. I don't want to say more than that but I hope that answers your question well enough.

Comment

Sounds exciting!

I don't know when I'm going to get it, but I am now pumped

Thank you for the wonderful review!

One question: Where's the next game located?
                a smile a day keeps the....·´´¨¯¨``)
                `·.,¸¸,.//´¨¯¨``· »
                haters away «·´

Awesome sig, MinetteVictoria! Thanks!

Just call me gabby the blabby

Please sign the PETITION for HeR to make SOS!

Comment

Great job for finishing and being the first to write a review! Can't wait to get ASH!
                  .·*¨¯¨*·¸
                  `·-·*
                  .....) Your love is deep.
                  .......¸.·`
                  ......(....¸.·*¯) Your love is wide.
                  .......`·.¸_¸.·`
                  ....¸.·`..¸.·*¨¯) I will rest,
                  ..(_¸.·*....¸.·` I will rest
                  ............(
                  .............`·.¸¸.·*¨¯) tonight.
                  .................. *·-·`All Sons and Daughters * Tonight

Comment

Originally posted by gwenny28 View Post
                    Actually there is a bunch of switching between everyone, some people can't do everything for one reason or another. Basically Nancy sends the others to get clues while shes in jail, but then they bring it to her and she does stuff with it. I don't want to say more than that but I hope that answers your question well enough.
                    Yes that does! Thanks! I can't wait to play! :D

One more question, I'm just curious, do we get to see Ned? :)
                    O.M.G
                    It's unlocked?
                    by shadowspinner

i.can't.remember.
                    me without You

Comment

Originally posted by nancyloverdrew4 View Post
                      Yes that does! Thanks! I can't wait to play! :D

One more question, I'm just curious, do we get to see Ned? :)
                      You only see his phone icon which is the same as on the character profiles and Nancy has a picture of him in her room but he looks like he does on the cover of ASH.

Comment

Originally posted by ihavewonthemall View Post
                        Sounds exciting!

I don't know when I'm going to get it, but I am now pumped

Thank you for the wonderful review!

One question: Where's the next game located?
                        Sorry not going to spoil the next game by saying its location don't worry though someone else will I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by gwenny28 View Post
                          Sorry not going to spoil the next game by saying its location don't worry though someone else will I'm sure.
                          LOL XD that made me laugh so hard, because it's so true.

Nice review! Like you said, short and sweet [=

- molly
                          working on stuff

Comment

Awesome review. :) I agree on a lot of terms -- especially the transportation idea. It was so easy getting from place to place, though at first I got confused as far as the locations go.

Comment

Working...
                            X