Q. & A. Яєvιєωs: cuяsє ّƒ вℓαcκмّّя мαиّя

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q. & A. Яєvιєωs: cuяsє ّƒ вℓαcκмّّя мαиّя

Hi, I’m Cou and this is Q. & A. Reviews: Curse of Blackmoor Manor. My rating system is based on how many games are currently out with that feature. And, yes, I will update when new games come out. Hope you enjoy!
    Was the plot good?
    Essentially, it’s a scary mystery, complete with a monster and creepy manor. It’s a excellent plot with that alone, but a few twists in the game make it fantastic!

Rating: 4th out of 25 games.

Were the characters interesting?
    Nigel Mookerjee: Nigel is a historian working on a book about the Penvellyns. Is he a valuable ally or causing trouble with his knowledge of the family history?
    Ethel Bosinny: Ethel comes from a long line of Penvellyn tutors, which may account for some of the odd subjects she teaches Jane. But between her weird curriculum, habit of popping up, and hints at Penvellyn legend, it certainly feels like Ethel knows more than she’s saying.
    Mrs. Drake: As Jane’s great aunt, Blackmoor manors housekeeper, and avid gardener, Mrs. Drake knows her fair share about Blackmoor. How many secrets does she keep?
    Linda Penvellyn: Linda recently married Hugh Penvellyn and moved into Blackmoor. But now she's acting strangely, and even hiding behind a curtain in her room. What and why is she hiding?
    Jane Penvellyn: Under Ethel, Jane as been learning some of the secrets of the manor. Is she using her knowledge to make trouble and go back to the states?

The characters range from creepy to funny, and all have their moments. Everall, they play a perfect part in developing the mystery, giving us a good scare, and as entertainment.

Were there lots of places to go?
    Yes and no. Sure, your stuck in the manor for most of the game, but there’s definitely no shortage of rooms and passageways to explore.

Rating: 18th out of 25 games.

How were the tasks/puzzles?
    There’s a ton in this game, perfect range, and there all fun!

Rating: 11th out of 25 games.

Was there snooping/sleuthing?
    You get to do a lot of poking around the manor, including around people’s rooms and secret rooms.

Rating: 6th out of 25 games.

Was it long or short?
    The first time I played this game, it took months! True, I was a lot younger, but I was also playing with my Mom. It probably won’t take you as long, unless you too get stuck on one of the puzzles forever, but it’s still a good sized game. Even after a couple times, it still takes me a good eight hours to finish.

Rating: 1st out of 25 games.

Were the graphics good?
    This is a slightly older game, so the graphics aren’t as crisp as the newer games. But they still do a excellent job of representing the castle and it’s occupants, and none of the beautiful decorations of Blackmoor suffer.

Were the hints good?
    Never fails, the old phone friend! The hints manage to help you, even if your completely lost, and even in the worst case lessen the time spent stuck.

Rating: 6th out of 25 games.

Was the music good?
    One of the best of any of the games! Just the right number of scores, perfect setting of the atmosphere, and even doors slamming in the background for added creepiness.

Rating: 2nd out of 25 games.

Was it scary?
    The best scary game to date, even beating SAW and CAP. This is really the only game that can make me jump right out of my skin, even after I’ve played it nearly a dozen times.

Was anything (including the ending) a surprise?
    Several scenes, including the ending, surprised me, party because of scariness and also because of the excellent plot.

What were the differences between Jr. vs. Sr.?
    Nothing special, with only a few harder versions of puzzles and no hints for senior detectives.

Rating: 13th out of 25 games.

Was it fun to get around?
    Just point and click. Basic, but without problems.

Rating: 18th out of 25 games.

Were the phone friends enjoyable to talk to?
    Enjoyable, funny, awesome, the whole ball of wax!

Were there lots of mini games and were they fun?
    There are nearly a dozen minigames, and while some are from previous games, they’re all good.

Rating: 2nd out of 25 games.

How about Easter eggs?
    Not one of the best hunts, but some of the coolest rewards, if you can find them. ;)

Rating: 6th out of 19 games.

And cookies?
    There are a fair number, and a few are pretty good. The lack of cookies is mostly because this game is only 11th in the adventure series.

Rating: 15th out of 25 games.

Was the ending good?
    The ending was shocking, though not very exciting or thrilling after you figure it out. Not a bad ending, just sub par as a finish to such a good game.

Rating: 14th out of 25 games.

Was the game fun?
    Absolutely! Personally, I enjoy the game because of the scariness. But even if you don’t like scary games, this is still a excellent game, with plenty of funny, cool, and ingenious mysterious moments.

Rating: 14th out of 25 games.

And overall?
    The Curse of Blackmoor Manor is a unique game because it’s jam packed with scary, thrilling moments. It’s a good game because it has more substance behind that, with a excellent plot, interesting characters, and funny phone friends, just to name a few.

Rating: 5th out of 25 games.

Other reviews:
    SCK2 CRE WAC TOT CAP iSHA

08-17-11
    © all me
    Last edited by NancywantClues; August 28, 2011, 01:04 PM.
    always
    - a cre ae

Thanks so much for this review! After ASH, I'm planning to get CUR. I am excited! Reps!

Comment

Awesome review Cou! Its nice when someone touches all the aspects of a game. I'll be reading your other ones, too!
      .·*¨¯¨*·.
      ‘·-·......).·*¨¯¨*·. . And how
      do you keep your feet on the ground
      ......(....
      when you know you were born to fly. . .
      ..........‘· . ¸ _ ¸‘. ·
      ....................... ¸
      . .

Born to Fly, a WAC alternate ending
      Safe and Sound...a CAP ae by Sarah and Lizzy

Comment

Working...