Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Shiver Up Your Spine: A Cake Review

My Introduction
    Hello, everyone! I'm disneygirl12, and welcome to my 11th cake review, which is ironically on the 11th game! I hope you enjoy reading!
    The Curse of Blackmoor is an amazing game! Nancy's neighbor, Linda, recently married Hugh Penvellyn, a British diplomat. They move into Hugh's aunt's manor which has been in the Penvellyn family for centuries. However, Linda has been feeling strange. She's been hiding behind a curtain, and nobody seems to know why. Is there more to this story than meets the eye, or is the terrifying Curse of Blackmoor Manor coming to life?

Good Cakes (pros)
    There were many interactive characters with diverse personalities. I liked Jane the most, and who can't forget Loulou, the talking, hint-giving bird? ;D
    You've heard the plot. correct? It was very intriuging. This is one of those mysteries where I find myself itching to know who the culprit is. it was so well thought out!
    The setting reminded me of Message in a Haunted Mansion; located in a creepy old mansion with secret passageways, mysterious hallways, and a ghostly past.
    There was a suprisingly high amount of education in this game. We get to learn about stars, planetary symbols, and even alchemy!
    There were many locations throughout this game. From the comfort of Nancy's room to the beautiful gardens down below.
    I love the music! There were some light and melodic, and others were really edgy and made you think that something was behind you.
    The puzzles were pretty well designed. They required a lot of thinking! It would have been nice to have clear instructions on how to solve them, because most of them you had to figure out on your own.
    Nancy can order food! :D Plus, there are various fun minigames to play to help pass the time.
    The graphics were amazing! The characters looked well designed, the manor looked absolutely beautiful, and the conservatory looked just amazing!

Pancakes (so-so's)
    The ending was okay. I was surprised to find out who the culprit was! I think their motive was good and well explained, but catching the culprit went by quickly and wasn't challenging.

In conclusion, The Curse of Blackmoor Manor is an incredible game! I highly recommend it to every fan of the Nancy Drew francise. With many puzzles and various places to explore, you won't get bored with this game any time soon! Well, that's the end of this review. Thank you so much for reading and stopping by; it means the world! My rating as shown below is a 5 out of 5 stars! Feel free to comment; they're always welcome!

= Excellent!
    Read my last review, on Secrets Can Kill Remastered.
    Read my next review, on Danger on Deception Island.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Last Game: The Secret of Shadow Ranch
    Next Game: Secret of the Old Clock
    Last edited by disneygirl12; July 22, 2015, 11:13 PM. Reason: Added link
    .........I think Earth is a pretty great place.....¸.·°¨¯¨°·¸
    ...........That's saying something....¸.·`.......`·-·`
    ...¸·°¨¯¨°·.¸ 'cause I've been through outer space!
    ...`·-·`.......` · . , ¸ _ ¸ , . · `(_¸ , . · `

Hope everyone's having a great summer!

I loved Your whole review layout! It was really good to just get the basic need-to-know review! I'm going to take some hints from yours now! I really enjoyed it and I agree with almost everything you said. Reps Given!
    Your signature has been removed because it is excessively long. Do be sure your signatures follow the guidelines of the Signature Ruler. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by kool kat View Post
      I loved Your whole review layout! It was really good to just get the basic need-to-know review! I'm going to take some hints from yours now! I really enjoyed it and I agree with almost everything you said. Reps Given!
      Sorry to be late to respond.
      I'm glad to know you liked my review! It means alot, and I'm glad I could help.
      .........I think Earth is a pretty great place.....¸.·°¨¯¨°·¸
      ...........That's saying something....¸.·`.......`·-·`
      ...¸·°¨¯¨°·.¸ 'cause I've been through outer space!
      ...`·-·`.......` · . , ¸ _ ¸ , . · `(_¸ , . · `

Hope everyone's having a great summer!

Comment

Working...
      X