Spoiler Free Review: Curse of Blackmoor Manor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoiler Free Review: Curse of Blackmoor Manor

Hello everyone! I'm Coolpika1, and I have decided to make a review of one of my favorite Nancy Drew games: Curse of Blackmoor Manor.

Case Summary

In this game, Nancy is sent to England to investigate the strange behavior of Linda, who just recently moved into Blackmoor Manor . The goal of the game is to find out what's causing Linda to act the way she does before it's too late...

Setting 8/10

The design of Blackmoor Manor is visually breathtaking, and is definitely a haunting structure that you will remember for a long time! The only problem is, however, you cannot leave Blackmoor Manor at any point in the game. Luckily, Blackmoor Manor is absolutely huge, and it's very exciting to see what you'll discover next!

Characters 9/10

There aren't many characters in Curse of Blackmoor Manor which makes conversation somewhat monotonous at times. Although there aren't many characters in the game, the characters have well planned structures and character development. For example, you may find a character you didn't quite like at the beginning of the game has endearing traits and an interesting background.

Puzzles 6.5/10

Every Nancy Drew game has a variety of puzzles that you need to solve in order to progress through the game. Many of the puzzles in this game, however, prove to be quite tedious. If you are playing the game for the first time, it won't seem too boring, but if you often replay Nancy Drew games, there are a few puzzles that you will just not want to do again.

Aside from a few frustrating puzzles, the brain-teasers in this game are well thought out and give a great mood to the game.

Excitement/Scare Factor 10/10

Let's face it, every good Nancy Drew game has that scary feeling to it, and it makes the game exciting to play! I'd say the excitment/scare factor in this game deserves a 10 because, well, in a place that juggles the legend of the Beast of Blackmoor and eerie history, things will get pretty interesting.

But if you scare easily, don't worry. Just play it with a sister or a friend! Also keep in mind that the scarier parts in Nancy Drew aren't usually too extreme. After all, the game was made for younger and older girls, so don't sweat it!

Mood 10/10

The mood of this game has a very creepy air to it, and they definitely stay true to that theme. A combination puzzles, events, and weird places will have you checking over your shoulder every once in a while... Not to mention, the game balances humor and suspense beautifully.

Overall Gameplay 8.5/10

Aside from very few negative elements, this game is (dare I say it) one of the best Nancy Drew games made. If you ever come across this game in stores, or find it on your shelf, be sure to pick it up! This is a game you will surely enjoy!

Thanks!

Thank you so much for reading my review of my favorite Nancy Drew game! I hope that this review was accurate and easy to read! Have fun, and sleuth on!
    The Beatles!
Working...
X