Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you think of this game?? (NO spoilers please)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This or TRN is my favorite game. I think I can't stick to DAN as my actual favorite because I'm a guy and I don't usually like fashion. But I couldn't stop reminiscing the French crimson appeal in the metropolitan air; I couldn't resist solving this mystery again and again.
    As the great Robert Frost once said,

"In three words, I can sum up everything I learned about life..."
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................................................

......................SONNY WUZ HERE!......................

Comment

• Least favorite

I have played almost all of the ND games with the exception of 3 or 4 games. DAN is my least favorite of them all. I decided to give it a second chance and play it again after years, and I remember why I waited so long to replay it! The graphics were blurry at times; it seems like the creators spent too much time on certain things (like the distant background scenery) and not enough time on others (some of the pictures in the magazine in the moulin literally looked like a kindergarten student cut and pasted them together!) The characters were flat and the plot line was so boring. I really despise games where Nancy needs to do mundane chores and has to run all over town doing tasks that are far more tedious than fun. I kept having to return to walkthroughs because I had no idea what to do next. I am bored with it already and don't even want to finish it again. This is just my opinion, but I really dislike this game more than any of the others that I've played.

Comment

• My Least Favourite ND so far....

I was very disappointed with this game.
        I was SO very excited to play it because I love Paris and it sounded like a fun game.
        I have played 9 of the ND games and this one was by far my least fav.
        The story was boring and it wasn't scary AT ALL. Which is something I love in the ND games, btw.
        The puzzles were pointless and confusing.
        I gave the game a 2/10.
        The N.D. games that I've played:
        I captured the Phantom of Venice!
        I have discovered the Secret of the Old Clock!
        I received Warnings at Waverly Acadamy!
        I found the Treasure in the Royal Tower! BEST GAME EVER!
        I heard the Legand of the Crystal Skull!
        I stopped the Danger on Deception Island!
        I ceased the Danger by Design!
        I saw The Haunting of Castle Malloy!
        I destroyed The Captive Curse! (REALLY good game!)

Once, JUST ONCE, I want Nancy to say, "It's unlocked! MUWAHAHAHAHA!" And karate kick the door open! Copy this signature if you want to see her do it!

Dare to Play

Comment

• I gave this a 7 a long time ago (very low for me), and even now it's still one of my least favorite games. I'll leave a pro/con thing here:

Pros:

- The setting and areas that we explore are amazing! -This alone is reason to buy the game, because those hidden passages and catacombs are just brilliant!

- At first glance the characters seem colorful and interesting. (first glance only)

- The overall theme of French fashion, threats, and the historical background story of the moulan(sp?) were pretty interesting.

- That ending was... unique.

Cons:

- The puzzles were frustrating and dull.

- The characters barely speak to you at all, and don't have much interesting to say when they do. Kinda bland.

- I kept getting stuck, even on replays. This made me frustrated enough for the game to lose its fun, and at the same time make me wish that I could chuck the computer out the window. Ah, well.

;+ *; ,.;*+ ;
          ., * ' ' . ,` "* ;.'+' ;

Greater love has no one than this,
          that a man lay down his life for his friends.

.,;*+.* John 15:13 *.*;,.
          The silent spy awaits -
          ♦ + Dottore'sBANE ... has no remedy. + ♦
          ^Please click^ my VEN ae :)

Comment

• As a French people, I think this game is a little stereotypical (sorry but I'm a little touchy about my country). List :
            -French accent, seriously ? They look more like german, I mean, I just hear an american trying to make a french accent
            -The menu, why escargot and all of these stuff, frenchs persons eat snails like what ? 1 per year (for me, I eat them only at christmas, because this is very expansive but no gross)
            -Why always Paris ? Because it's the capital city of France, whaa, so original...
            -Words in french, like traquenard ? Why Jean-Michel Traquenard ? I mean nobody use traquenard (even my grand parents think this is old-fashioned), everybody use "un piège" ou "une embuscade". It's better in the French version of DAN because he is named Jean-Michel Calesson (and Nancy pronounced it "Caleçon" who mean underwear).

Anyway this game was good but not very good because of the things I listed above. Sorry if I seemed pretty rude but you need to understand that's my culture and my country.
            But you didn't do the cliché about the french who don't speak english and for that, I'd give you a 7/10.

I think this might help you to don't do these same errors.

Comment

• I played this once a couple years ago and had mostly forgotten everything about it so I figured it was time to replay it. :) This isn't my favorite ND game but it's definitely one I enjoyed. I'm a fan of having lots of things to do (so I loved running errands for everyone) and I enjoyed the history lesson. Overall a solid game, one I can see myself playing yet again in the future.

Comment

• While it's not one of my all-time favourites, I still enjoyed this game and have happily played it several times. I gave it a 7.

Since I'm French, the setting was not that exciting to me. Good-ol' River Heights sounds far more exotic than Paris . Of course its depiction was very cliché, but I didn't mind it, I even found it pretty cute - after all, this is how most people around the world see it. I liked that we got to see another 'side' of Paris as well - even though its maze-like layout was a nightmare to navigate through. And I easily forgave the horrible French accents of the street vendors, since there are many foreigners among them in real life - maybe Monique was German all along!

Now that I have actually worked in the fashion industry, the case file made me laugh even more. Random HR policy, scary temper tantrums, worryingly falling behind schedule, unexplained attention-grabbing fashion statements? Yup, sounds like you average creative director . I've seen (and heard ) things that would put Minette's fits to a shame. But, from the point of view of an investor new to the field, such concerns sound legit. And it's good that the game doesn't present the fashion business in an overly bright light.

I actually enjoyed the decoding, it's one of my favourite kinds of puzzles, so I was glad there were lots of it. Most of the side tasks were nice and not too repetitive. I had to use off-game hints at some point though because I felt lost and had no clue where to go next - the plot(s?) felt a bit diluted. Even though I'm sure the writers put a lot of effort into it, it's one of the weakest ones I can think of in the series. Still, it's not a bad game in my opinion, it was fun, and I'll certainely play it again.
                Last edited by veja; July 14, 2015, 04:42 PM.

Comment

• 8/10

This game is in my top 5. The idea behind it was awesome. The characters, were awesome. All the puzzles were neat, sometimes frustrating towards the end. However, it was a bit too obvious for me who the culprit was from the beginning. That would be the only reason I didn't give it a 9!

Comment

Working...
                  X