Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you think of this game?? (NO spoilers please)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'ts in my top 4

I loved the setting. The characters were good but not the best. The game had the best music out of all of the games i have played.I never figured out who did it until the end. The end was really creative,not the best but still good.
    The number one complaint is that I somehow made it so one of the characters was gone and had to start the game over.
    Overall it was my second favorite game, right behind TRT.
    I gave it a 8/10 because i'm a picky grader.

" In the night light do you see what you dream.
    All your triumph and all you'll ever be.
    Look around you then you may realize.
    Happiness lies trapped to misery. "
    Dreams of an Absolution

Comment

• That was so fun!
      10/10
      Some puzzles were just tedious and tricky, though!
      The orca was so beautiful! And same with the beach <3
      I wish you could've used toe fridge more to make food! But it was fun!
      My only complaint was how long it took to go through the tunnels!
      Dx
      But other than that it was SO fun!

Comment

• well.....

i have not played it yet but i just bought it 2 days ago so i am very excited to play it!!!! i still have not been able to play it yet but when i can, i hope it will be a good one!!!
        ¸·*¨¯¨*·¸
        `·-·*_…)………Dear God I was terribly lost when the galaxies crossed and the sun went dark, Dear God your the only North star I would follow this far -Owl City......………………¸·*¨¯¨*·.¸
        …… .·´ ¸·*¨¯¨*·.¸……………………_…¸·*¨¯¨*·¸……`·-·*…_).∙*¨¯¨*∙.
        ……(`·-·*…_)……………………_…`·-·*_…)`×.,¸__¸,.×´ `∙-∙*_…)) ¸·*¨¯¨*·.¸
        ……`×.,¸__¸,.×´…… ………¸.×*¨¯¨*×.,¸_¸,.×*©MysteryBook¸·*¨¯¨*·¸×*……_)
        ……(………_`*×·.,¸___¸,.·×*´¸·*¨¯¨*·.,¸_¸,.×*¨¯¨*×.,¸_¸,.×*`·-·*_…)`×.,¸__¸,.×´
        ……_`×.,¸(¯)_,.×´……_)`·.¸♥ `·-·*_…)*×.,¸`·-·*¸,.×*¨¯¨*×.,¸__¸,.×*
        ……………`*×.,¸__¸,.×*`×.,¸__¸,.×´©dg

I am a Christian!

Comment

• Totally one of my FAVORITE (not yelling) games ever!!!!! :) Sooooo great! Good puzzles, characters, and such....all in all-wonderful game!! Square of applause for HeR!! (a square of applause is just like a round of applause, but squarer. :) )
          ~///~We're Just Girls~\\\~
          Who laugh way too hard
          act like complete
          dorks
          take lots of insane pictures
          have way to many
          crazy sleepovers
          and would be totally
          lost
          ~///~Without Eachother~\\\~
          *<>*JoeHardyGirl*<>*

© Billy Bob

Comment

• FAVORITE GAME EVER!!

This is my favorite of all the games in the Nancy Drew Series (that I've played)! It might just be because it's based in the Puget Sound where I live, but I just love going kayaking to sea caves or abandoned beaches. The characters are great, the puzzles aren't too hard (although some very time consuming), and secrets can be found everywhere.

If you are going to play any Nancy Drew Game, you should play this one. ^_^
            ّ„¸¨°؛¤ّ„¸¸„ّ¤؛°¨¸„ّ¤؛°¨
            ¨°؛¤ّ„Beware of the„ّ¤؛°¨
            ¸„ّ¤؛° Palm Trees! `°؛¤ّ„¸
            ¸„ّ¤؛°¨¸„ّ¤؛°¨¨°؛¤ّ„¸¨°؛¤ّ

Comment

• not too thrilled

not gonna lie, this game was not my favorite. i like secret passageways and i was let down in that category. i also felt like they were trying to teach us too much. like w/ the whale sounds and stuff like that... idk that wasn't interesting for me.

Comment

• Eh.

This game was not my favorite by far, but I did like parts of DDI.
                ~Things I Loved~

-Scenery/ Setting. The setting was pretty neat. I loved the water aspect of it. My only complaint is that I wish it was wide open water, minus the rocks and such which made it difficult to get around.
                -Hilda! I loved the idea of a "crazy" lady sending you faint hints and puzzles to tell you what to do.

~Things I liked~

-Food/ Sandcastles. I thought the fact that you could take a little break from the actual game was cool, but I wasn't into it that much.

~Thinks I Didn't Like~

-Kayaking, biking and looking for clams got very repetitive and I think they could of done without all that. By far one of my biggest annoyances in DDI.
                -Characters. I felt them boring and dull. Not much personality to them.
                -Mystery/Plot. There was really no mystery what so ever and the plot was quite lifeless in my opinion.
                -Not all the questions were answered in the end..

Like I said I didn't like this game too much but that's just me. If you like mini-games and tons of puzzles (sometimes repetitive), then this game is for you! I personally like more mystery and suspense in ND games, so if your like me then I don't think you'd like this game very much. It just depends what you like I guess.

Well there's my little review of DDI!!(:
                ¸.•*¨¯¨*•.¸…………¸.•*¨¯¨*•.¸…………¸.•*¨¯¨*•.¸…………¸.•*¨¯¨*•.¸
                If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever
                ……`•.,¸_¸,.•´…………`•.,¸_¸,.•´©LG...……`•.,¸_¸,.•´……

Comment

I give this game an 8. The plot was great. The characters were great. But, is was not scary. I like EXTREEM scary things!
                  Katie the best character and so was Jenna. Holt and Andy were ANNOYING!!!!

Does anyone agree??????
                  The N.D. games that I've played:
                  I captured the Phantom of Venice!
                  I have discovered the Secret of the Old Clock!
                  I received Warnings at Waverly Acadamy!
                  I found the Treasure in the Royal Tower! BEST GAME EVER!
                  I heard the Legand of the Crystal Skull!
                  I stopped the Danger on Deception Island!
                  I ceased the Danger by Design!
                  I saw The Haunting of Castle Malloy!
                  I destroyed The Captive Curse! (REALLY good game!)

Once, JUST ONCE, I want Nancy to say, "It's unlocked! MUWAHAHAHAHA!" And karate kick the door open! Copy this signature if you want to see her do it!

Dare to Play

Comment

• 8! It was okay, but not the best!
                    Solved:
                    SCK 1&2STFDMHMTRTFINSSHDOGCARDDISHACURCLKTRNDAN
                    CREICECRYVENHAURANWACTOTSAWCAPASHTMBDEDGTHSPYMEDLIE

Comment

• Deception Island = 7/10

This is a nice, easy, feel-good game. The puzzles are not too challenging, I thought the Pacific Northwest setting was beautiful, and I really liked the nautical theme. But I just didn't find the game that interesting. None of the characters were particularly compelling, and the parts of the game that seemed interesting at first (lighthouse, tunnels) disappointed.

I did really like the final sequence, however. It made up for the lack of excitement in the rest of the game, and I was genuinely surprised by the culprit.

So overall, a laid-back game, but not a very exciting one.

Difficulty: 4/10
                      Playing time: about 4 hours
                      Don't let the turkeys get you down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gizmobunny View Post
                        Deception Island = 7/10

This is a nice, easy, feel-good game. The puzzles are not too challenging, I thought the Pacific Northwest setting was beautiful, and I really liked the nautical theme. But I just didn't find the game that interesting. None of the characters were particularly compelling, and the parts of the game that seemed interesting at first (lighthouse, tunnels) disappointed.

I did really like the final sequence, however. It made up for the lack of excitement in the rest of the game, and I was genuinely surprised by the culprit.

So overall, a laid-back game, but not a very exciting one.
                        I agree completely.
                        Life's like a box of chocolates,
                        You never know what your gonna get.
                        ©HickoryNoll

~Emma

Comment

• I rated it an 8. It was a good game, but it's not my favorite. There wasn't really anything wrong with it; it just wasn't as fun as some other ND games.

"WHENEVER YOU FEEL LIKE criticizing ANYONE...
                          ▐▐ just remember that

all the people in this world

haven't had the advantages that you've had."
                          {THE GREAT GATSBY}

Comment

• 5% it was fun but not so chalengeing

Comment

• Definitely one of my top three favorites. I can't entirely choose one to be my complete favorite but this one was amazing!

10/10 because the game was awesome, and the ending was the best ending that I can remember of any ND game.

I just wish I had it for Vista/7 because I'd love to replay it!

Comment

• I loved this game, with one exception; the clamming. I quite inadvertantly got myself into what I learned from the Hints and Tips Board is considered a "cheat".

For me, clicking on the clam tube in order to do the clamming sets up a logical course of also clicking on the clam bucket to take it out of your inventory, before you click on the clam. This is not ALWAYS someone trying to cheat. From my point of view, it seemed more like a "glitch".

I was rather astounded to find that suddenly my clams were gone, and all others that I found later also disappeared.

By reading up, I found that I could go to the tech board for a patch, which didn't work for me. So I ended up going back in the game and starting over from my last save. I was miffed though and it kinda spoiled the game for me. From the Hints and Tips Board, I realized I had to click on the clam rather than the clam bucket to pick it up. so quickly made it through what I had to repeat.

As time has gone by, this was a fun game for me, and the wording of "cheat" vs. "glitch" has become a small thing. It was for sure a fun game, with fun puzzles. And the whale was the best!

GrannyGuess
                                GRANNYGUESS

Comment

Working...
                                X