I hope this game will be better.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope this game will be better.

I love the nancy drew games, and have been playing them for many years with my sister, but as some of the recent games have been released, I am starting to realize they are declining in quality. I really love these games, I really do, but something about the newer games just isn't as good. I don't like the new updated inventory, the new puzzles, and many of the characters just don't have that same charm as they used to. I must say though, I LOVED The Captive Curse. I'm hoping this game will be better then these recent games, because I'm starting to lose faith in these games. I will never stop playing though, I will always hope they will get better.
    Please make this one good
    -An ND lover
    Last edited by Firestone; July 29, 2014, 08:34 PM.
    Niacin.

I think the newer games were better! They've gotten more intense, scarier, and alot more interesting! This one fits the bill with interest and attention grabbing!

~ThorntonHall614

Comment

Newer Games VS Older Games

Originally posted by ThorntonHall614 View Post
      I think the newer games were better! They've gotten more intense, scarier, and alot more interesting! This one fits the bill with interest and attention grabbing!

~ThorntonHall614
      I enjoy more of the older games. Favourite is Curse of Blackmoor Manor. Also, The Secret of Shadow Ranch was neat to play. White Wolf of Icicle Creek, Legend of the Crystal Skull, and Shadow at the Water`s Edge were also good. At least in the newer games you can use the cell phone. I am a ND fan so will continue to buy all the new Adventure series so cannot wait until the new one comes out.
      Pharaoh´s Tomb

Comment

I agree with you to some extent--for me, ASH and TOT were my least favorite of the Nancy Drew games. However, I loved playing CAP, WAC, SAW, TMB, and DED. They were some of my favorite games! I think GTH is going to be even better and scarier than SAW, personally

Comment

I love all of the games, old and new. I really like how different they can all be and the variety keeps me interested. There's a lot of hype about this game and I'm excited too so I hope that this game, like the others, has something unique to offer to the Nancy Drew game collection. Was that to cheesy? Haha!

My love still lies there buried under silent ice and sleep
          A grave left unattended
          ¸·°¨¯¨°·¸.......²
          ..by the word I couldn't keep. .`·-·`.........)¸.·°¨¯¨°·¸
          ...............¸·°¨¯¨°·.¸....².....¸.·°¨¯¨°·.,¸_¸,.·`..³..`·-·`
          ...........³ `·-·`......`·.,¸_¸,.·` ©dg12

Signature made by Veronica

Comment

I've been feeling really iffy about the games for a couple of year now. ASH, and TMB are my number 2 and number 3 least favorite games in the series. There were flaws in DED, but it was a lot better than some of the more recent games in my opinion. Although I'm not going to start pre-ordering again. I use to pre-order every single game, but after what happened with TMB I stopped. I really do hope that this will be more of a classic game sthat challenges people and makes you think! I don't want to be able to go through a game on auto pilot!
            3C0928
            1e474f
            The true color of nancy drew

You can click on any of the yellow/gold colored game names for my reviews! Go ahead and read them!

It is always appropriate to leave reputation for someone, even if the post is as old as Adam and Eve.
            I am a Christian (specifically a Nazarene) , and very proud!

Please be aware of the fact that when you vote people's threads down, because you don't like them, and not because of the content of their thread, then you may be harming their confidence about their creative works. I want to thank everyone for the kindness and respect that you have showed me on the boards, so lets keep it up!

Comment

I think whether or not the new games are as good as the old games is a matter of opinion. DED and TMB are two of my favorite ND games and I love ASH as well.
              •*¨¯¨*•¸THE GHOST OF THORNTON HALL¸•*¨¯¨*•
              ´`´`•.,¸_¸,.•´`•.,¸_¸,.•´*•*•*•*`•.,¸_¸,.•´`•.,¸_¸ ,.•´`´`
              SOME FAMILIES KEEP
              `•.,¸_¸,.•´DEADLY SECRETS`•.,¸_¸,.•´
              MAY 14TH, 2013
              `•.,¸_¸,.•´

Arizona Shadows: A SHA AE

Comment

A lot of the newer games I haven't been enjoying as much, but then there are a few games I also really liked, too. I enjoyed ASH, although I wouldn't say it was my favorite - I didn't like DED my first or even really second time playing around, but for some reason, my third time I really enjoyed it. To the point where it's one of my favorites, now.

That being said, I also really, really disliked TMB.

The old, classic games will still be the best, but DED showed that HER does care about our opinion and they still have the ability to make an excellent ND game. DED and CAP are one of the more recent games that I can say I honestly loved as much as the originals.

I have a good feeling about GTH, too.
                i finished what i started -- ven ae

Comment

I totally agree with you there. I feel as though the older games were far better. Their puzzles had relevance, the characters had depth! I haven't played any of the newset after SAW and CAP but some of the newer ones, such as TOT.. I wasn't pleased either. Nevertheless, loyal fans much be devoute. I also have a good feeling about GTH :)
                  Leave the broken irreversible past in God's hands.
                  . . . . . . . . . . & step out into the invincible future with Him.
                  . . . [ Oswald Chambers. ] . . . . . . . . . . . . . ;*

thanks katelyn. <3

Comment

Yeah, I really feel you on this. =/ These games are hit or miss now.

I have noticed that games with "scary" plots (Shadow at Water's Egde, Captive Curse) tend to be the best ones in terms of mystery, setting, and length, so I have high hopes for Thorton Hall, especially if it's the "scariest ND game yet" like the promos have been saying!

Comment

Agree to disagree. (~Shawn Spencer/Psych) I love a lot of the older games for their characters, but I'm a picky person on graphic screen details I still liked the graphics but like newer kind. I love some of the newer games for their great graphics, charactre pretty good, and puzzles are a bit modern. Except DED, it wasn't scary, (Those are my favorite) the characters were bland and slow, the puzzles weren't fun, and it just moved so (so so so so so so) slow. I was very disapointed on that game but I love ND so I still couldn't say no. CAP was a big break through for ND game creators I red reviews and CAP was a hit! And I agree with it. It was bold, scary, great graphics, characters were fun and out there, and the game went without a hitch! I agree that CAP was outstandingly fun! (I'm not suprised) I believe in ND creators will do a great job on GTH it looks bold, scary, and neat with new characters. All I hope is the ND creators WILL make Carolyn Keen proud of what who and what she made.

Nancy Drew

~ #1 ND Fan
                      ALL«STAR®
                      rocking in my converse

Comment

I have to disagree - Some of the newer games are my favourites! For instance, I love WAC, SAW, CAP and ASH. TMB and DED were also really good. I'm very much looking forward to GTH as well.

Comment

I wholeheartedly agree with you.

For me, the biggest thing is the writing I guess- conversations with characters don't seem natural or coherent, the plots themselves are very simple and single tracked.

I'm hoping for more depth and more interesting dialogue that emulates natural flow of older games, as well as some well awaited sub plots.

Once again, I completely agree and see what you're saying. I guess time will tell--that being said, I'm still pumped for GTH :)
                          It's never too late to be who you might have been...[ George Eliot ]

reviews:TMBxASHxCAPxSAWxRANxHAUxVEN

Comment

Originally posted by George911 View Post
                            Agree to disagree. (~Shawn Spencer/Psych) All I hope is the ND creators WILL make Carolyn Keen proud of what who and what she made.
                            I hope you realise that Carolyn Keene is simply a pseudonym used by various Nancy Drew writers over the years. There is no such person.

As for the GTH I'm quietly optimistic. I didn't think this would e very scary. But looking at the box art this doesn't seem to be a cop out. I'm rather excited by this now.
                            I've completed SCK,STFD,MHM,TRT,FIN,SSH,DOG,CAR,DDI,SHA,CUR,SCK, TRN,DAN,CRE,ICE,CRY,HCM,RAN, WAC, TOT, CAP, ASH, TLQ, DED

Click here to read my TRN AE, The Train Full of Secrets.

Click here to read my new romantic ICE AE,Its snowing at Icicle Creek.

I believed in religion until I attained the age of reason.

Justice for the 96.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanxatlantic View Post
                              I wholeheartedly agree with you.

For me, the biggest thing is the writing I guess- conversations with characters don't seem natural or coherent, the plots themselves are very simple and single tracked.

I'm hoping for more depth and more interesting dialogue that emulates natural flow of older games, as well as some well awaited sub plots.

Once again, I completely agree and see what you're saying. I guess time will tell--that being said, I'm still pumped for GTH :)
                              I agree with this.

I enjoy the new games very much, although they're very different. The old games are really pretty old at this point and are sometimes clunky or glitchy, so I enjoy the modernity of the newer games. Plus, there's a much bigger screen in the new games. I enjoy little conveniences like that in the new games.

But I really think the old games were tied together better. The old games had better storylines that made more sense and had less plot holes/unanswered questions. Her explained everything in the old games, and tied up all the loose ends. The stories in the new games just seem all over the place, and we always seem to lose track of the original story. Part of this might be because the new games are so much longer, but that's still no excuse for having a convoluted, vague plot.

They also had better characters and writing in the old games--I really enjoyed Nancy's "sassy" attitude in the old games, though it was laughable at times. Plus the awkward, rambling characters that show up again and again in the new games really irritate me. In the old games, the characters were less goofy and childish, and Nancy had more hard-hitting interviews with them.

I wonder how much the fact that ND games are really the only adventure games around anymore plays into the new games being worse, though. At the time the old games were made, adventure games were popular and Her could look to other successful adventure games to get ideas for how to make a good game. Now, adventure games are pretty much dead and Her's games are really the only current game of its type that I know of. They're pretty much the only ones making games like this right now, so they have to try to modernize and keep relevant an old, dead formula all on their own. They can't look to other similar successful games for tips on how to make the ND games, so maybe that's why the formula for the newer games isn't as good, if that makes sense?
                              Last edited by AutumnMemories; April 7, 2013, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X