Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you think of this game?? (NO spoilers please)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you think of this game?? (NO spoilers please)

Come rate this game for us and give us your overall opinion. We want to know. You can make your vote and then either post and explain why you rated it as you did (without game event or cultprit name/gender spoilers). OR just provide us with a link to a past review you may have written. This is meant to be helpful to all those gamers who may not have played this game yet and come here to find out what we thought of it. So keep that in mind when posting please. Thank you!!
    1.07%
    0.71%
    1.79%
    1.79%
    4.29%
    5.00%
    16.43%
    19.29%
    20.00%
    29.64%
    Happy 90th Birthday,
    Nancy Drew!

Nancy Drew was born when The Secret of the Old Clock was published on April 28, 1930!

Game Review

This game seemed really short to me, only about 6 hours. I definitely like the games that have more of a scare factor too, this one did make me jump, but I wish we could have seen more of Charlotte. Especially in places that you'd expect her to be in (like her bedroom). Great music, beautiful graphics. A wonderful concept for a plot line, but it needed to be fleshed out a bit, there were many plot holes and unexplained occurrences.

Overall, a good game, I just wish it were longer and scarier.

Comment

Fabulous Game!!!

I absolutely loved this game! The plot was interesting, and I enjoyed the unexpected twists in the storyline. The graphics and the location of the game were superb. I would have liked to see one other location to explore...such as the factory or the woods. I loved the different spooky effects, and most of all, I enjoyed getting to know the characters. Each character was beautifully drawn and extremely realistic. I do think the game was a tad short, I finished it under 5 hours. Kudos to the creator of "Harper," she was a ball! I loved that this game did not contain mundane tasks- each and every task and puzzle completed produced a result that supported the storyline and plot. Overall- fabulous game. Not too scary for younger players, but still had enough spookiness to make me jump once (or maybe twice!).

Thank you Her Interactive for once again creating a wonderful ND game!

Comment

I loved this game! The setting was amazing. All the characters were great, they each had their own personality. Although this game probably had the more spooky scenes than other games, I would have loved to see Charlotte more. I also thought it was a little short, and there was barely anything spooky towards the end of the game. Those were really the only complaints I had. Everything else (the plot, the graphics, etc.) was great!

Great game HeR! I can't wait for the next one!

Comment

Characters were well done, very detailed personalities, each person had their own little secret which was interesting to learn about.The spooky atmosphere was intense, at times i didn't want to go to certain places. The plot was good but it could of been better in my opinion like others have said it left a few plot holes but overall it was a decent plot, the only thing that i was disappointed in was the lack of exploration, it seem there was less places to explore than in past Nancy Drew games but if i had to rate the game out of 10 overall i'd give it a solid 8/10
          "The extraordinary is in what we do. Not who we are."

Comment

10!!!

I looovvvedddd this game! The character were awesome, the setting was great (although I would have liked maybe a few more places to explore), there was many scary/spooky moments. And the story was fantastic! I love anything that involves family history and stuff like that so I found the plot and backstories to be really fascinating.

I also thought the puzzles were really refreshing. I enjoyed solving almost all of them and none were crazy difficult or anything. They also were all very straight forward with instructions that were easy to understand.

I thought this game was just awesome in everyway and I can't wait to play it again.

Comment

As always, I enjoyed the latest ND game, GHT. Playing as junior detective for the first game (as I always do - then move onto playing as senior) I enjoyed the graphics, the various levels and rooms to explore (both inside and outside)

The "scary" parts thrilled me - so very well done! The music mirrored the energy in the game. I even looked over my shoulder while playing late one night! LOL

I did find myself hoping for a daylight scene every now and then however. I hope I'm not giving anything away by saying that the entire game was played either at night or during very dark lighting. I could see everything on my monitor but did everything have to be at night? I know that's the scariest time but I enjoyed seeing Nancy wake up in past games, hear birds singing, etc. Even graveyards have birds - crows or whatever.

I used the strategy guide a lot as I usually do the first time playing the game. Some games I figured out myself. Some were not too difficult. Some I could never have guessed, had I not read the user guide.

One thing I have to ask if I may. Were paper cups used at birthday parties back in Charlotte's day? I saw some (won't give away where I saw them) but I didn't think they had been invented way back when.

Thanks for reading my review. I have to get back to playing as senior detective now. Enjoy!
              It's not what happens in life that counts, it's how we deal with it that matters.

Comment

10!
                What a beautiful game! But short.
                MHM, TRT, SSH, DOG, SHA, CUR, TRN, RAN, SAW, TMB, GTH, SEA

Comment

I gave it a 10!!

I really liked the storyline and plot; and it was easy to focus on it because the puzzles weren't as difficult as most games. I was able to figure them all out on my own and rather quickly, so I could take more time to discover plot twists and interesting facts about the family. It was fun to try to understand the characters and their different personalities; and they each had their own story and past that you could find out. The setting was mysterious and gorgeous; I loved the places we were able to explore.

Overall I was really excited about the game before I played it and was in no way disappointed after I finished it. I can't wait to play it again and know I will replay it a lot!
                  Last edited by mysteryluver14; May 12th, 2013, 12:57 PM.
                  .promise me you’ll always remember:...•*¨¯)
                  you’re braver than you believe,.............................•*
                  .and stronger than you seem,.........•*¨¯¨*•........(.........•*¨¯)
                  and smarter than you think.....(_¸,.•*......*•.,¸_)*•.,¸_¸,.•*

.~-*`ND Lingo

Comment

I gave it a nine. I think the plot had some great potential, but I think they could have expanded it more. It left a lot of questions unanswered, and I didn't really feel much closure at the end. Also, I disliked how dark all the scenery was. I understand this takes place at night, but everything was so dark it was hard to see what was going on at times. It was almost easier to play in a semi-dark to dark room, which I don't like to do.

Overall, though, it's a great game, and I can't wait to play it again!

~Aly
                    .*¯)
                    ...*
                    .(...I have been crucified with Christ.
                    ..*._.*....It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me.
                    ..........And the life I now live in the flesh.........
                    .................... I live by faith in the Son of God,
                    ............who loved me and gave himself for me.
                    ...............................-Gal. 2:20

Comment

Not Impressed

I was not impressed by this one. I was really looking forward to another mansion game, but there were very few rooms in this "mansion". The game was very short. "Dessert" was spelled incorrectly on the menu. There were a few items that I was able to interact with, as if there was something I would need later, that I never needed. I miss talking to Ned, George, Dad, and Hannah.

The conversations didn't flow correctly. I cannot be specific without giving away spoilers, but I would tell a character something, and then tell them something else as if they did not already know what I just said.

I did however love the "middle plot twist", where it felt like it should be the end of the game, but it was not. And I loved that we had an option as to how to end the game! I also loved Bess' personality in this one! She was really fun!

As much as I love Nancy Drew games, I wish you would take more time in creating them. I'd rather wait longer for a better, longer game, instead of being disappointed with a new one every few months.

Comment

I gave it an 8. :)

EDIT: I SHOULD have given it a 9. :( I goofed.
                        Last edited by BunnyGirl1; May 13th, 2013, 09:45 AM.
                        And all I loved, I loved alone.

Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

I rated GTH as a 7. There were too many random things in general, and nothing was hard(even playing master sleuth) except for the Easter Eggs. The explanation of the hauntings didn't even fully explain it, if you think about.
                          "AFTERTHE SHARP-EYED JAYAND THE ROARING LION, PEACEWILL COMEON DOVE'S GENTLE WING"
                          ♡ ¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸ ...¸.¤ Night Whispers ¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸ ...¸.¤ ♡

♬ Solved All of Nancy's Cases ♬
                          Special Thanks to hat-dancer for the swirls!

Check out my Petition to make another game from a classic Nancy Drew Book!
                          ---> <---

I <3 my cat Micky!

Comment

Very Involved -

This felt much more like the best of the older ND games I was hooked and heavily involved in it in about 2 minutes.

There were more places to go. There were more hidden passages to find - more hidden objects. I could go outside and make discoveries. I found new locations to interact with. It pays to be curious because there were so many things to touch and interact with. Loved it!

I still don't like puzzles, but at least they related to the story in the game and were extremely-well thought out. I had to have help with them and would personally prefer more adventure, locations, and hidden clues (as mentioned in paragraph #2) in place of the puzzles.

I enjoyed finding the phone charms and the cell-phone games.

I liked the way the game kicked off with virtually no intro. You start off using the mouse right away

The environment and art work was rich and exciting Very, very well done!

I co-played with a family member who is good with puzzles while I am good at deductive reasoning and general sleuthing! We make a good team.

I would be remiss if I didn't mentioned how fun the conversations were with Bess and Ned! Excellent writing!

The teaser for #29 had me and my team mate looking at each other and saying, "WOW"!

Comment

I really liked the game, but I think I gave it a 7, or possibly an eight.

The plot was good, but there were some parts that were vague or not really explained. Maybe I was dumb, but there were several ideas discussed that I didn't know at first and still didn't know even though they expanded on it.

The mansion did not feel big enough however. Thank goodness there were so many grounds, in CUR there were none and that was awful, but it sort of felt like I was back in SKU with the mansion. It was small, and some of the room (one in particular) didn't seem to fit in the rest of the house.

I loved the puzzles, but there were three times, and two different puzzles (two variations on some of the times) where I would get something right, like it would meet the requirements but it wasn't the configuration it needed to 'open'. That was EXTREMELY annoying, especially when I didn't have specific 'this must be this' instructions.

All in all, I really liked this game. The characters were pretty well developed, and things made sense in general. There's one more thing concerning whodunnit which I wasn't pleased about because... well.... I don't know how to say it without giving away a lot, but for a minute I was super angry with a certain event. :)

Comment

Working...
                              X