Cat's Review!(:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat's Review!(:

Hey everybody! This is my sixth review. I am so sorry I haven't written a review in FOREVER! If you haven't read my other reviews, I do a bit of everything; such as pros and cons, ratings, and my personal opinions and comments about the game. But I'm gonna do it a little different this time; I'm gonna elaborate the ratings. Please enjoy. Here we go!(:

Pros:
    1) The characters. I absolutely loved almost every single one of them. Their personalities, appearance, attitudes, secrets... it all just tied together perfectly.
    2) Graphics! Gorgeous! They seriously fit the story so well. So detailed and great!
    3) It was so scary! To be honest, I am one who gets frightened TERRIBLY easily, and this one gave me so many jumps. This was definitely the scariest game.
    4) How dark the rooms were. The creepiness and dimness the rooms were forced me to play with the lights off-- thus creating an even scarier environment.
    5) Colton was not so bad in the looks department...
    6) There were so many surprising plot twists. Cat likey.
    7) There was a lot to do!
    8) The southern-ness. I seriously felt like I truly lived in that atmosphere- it was so fantastic!
    9) the fast forward talking option! I didn't use it much on anyone except Savannah's phone calls.
    10) OMG OMG what the heck was that thing that crawled on the floor in the cotton gin room?! THAT WAS AMAZING! I saw it three times!! It was like a walrus tiger tabby cat seal thing!!!!

Cons:
    1) Honestly I couldn't even stand Harper. She was annoying crazy. In my health science class we're on the mental health unit, and she fits every darn symptom of psychosis!
    2) Some of the little spooks got annoyingly repetitive.
    3) Am I the only one who did not like the music?
    4) I wish there were more places to go!
    5) I'm a person who loves to snoop, like in ASH or CAP and there was next to no snooping!
    6) You didn't really talk to the characters much. I mean of course you talked to them some, but I would have enjoyed a little more conversing.
    7) I got stuck SO much! Like I had no idea what to do and no one would have anything to say to meeee.
    8) The house looked way too much like the one in CRY to me!
    9) The puzzles were honestly impossible for me!:/
    10) Don't think I'm dumb! But I still don't get the ending... or who the culprit was... or if there was a real ghost or not...

All in all:
    Plot- 9.5/10
    The plot was very good. I felt really awful for Charlotte. That song/saying, only the good die young, is really true in this story. The plot made a lot of sense and kept me intrigued.
    Characters- 9/10
    I really really loved them all except for Harper. Colton was by far my favorite! I also actually liked Clara... don't ask me why. They all had motives that made surprisingly perfect sense and their personalities were so diverse that it all fit together!
    Spookiness- 9.8/10
    This game was extremely scary, except for sometimes the spooks got really annoying. Like, Charlotte sings a lot. And I mean A LOT. Other than that, I forced my cat to sit with me because I got terrified of being alone! There are so many times that you just jump, and there are a lot of intense times in the game.
    Graphics- 8/10
    The graphics were definitely very good in the game, but honestly they weren't as good as TMB's graphics.
    Puzzles- 4/10
    This was only because I am not good at all with puzzles! I used hints for almost every one. Haha!
    Music- 2/10
    I turned the music down to almost mute because it got loud and annoying. I like simple music, like in WAC. The music just wasn't the kind of music that I like and I didn't think it was good in the game!

Overall- 7.9/10
    It was a really fun game and so worth the wait! Everyone should seriously play it. Thank you so much for taking the time to read all this! Hope you have an amazing day!
    Read my reviews!(:
    Tomb of the Lost Queen
    Secret of Shadow Ranch
    Alibi in the Ashes
    Warnings At Waverly Academy
    Ransom of the Seven Ships
    Ghost of Thornton Hall

baby i'm not moving on, i'll love you long after you're gone
    (\_/)
    ( ._. ) Copy this cute little bunny if you want HI to NEVER stop
    (")_(") making Nancy Drew games<3

I absolutely disagree with your rating of the music. I thought the music had the perfect scary vibe with the opera and such. It was superb! Great review though!

-S14
    .................................................. ........................
    The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
    .................................................. ....
    .................................................. .................

Comment

Haha, yeah, I read a lot of reviews about how great the music was. I mean, I completely can see why one could see it fit in, but I don't really know! Maybe it's just me and my oddball brain, but I prefer calmer less intense music, you know what I mean? :)
      Read my reviews!(:
      Tomb of the Lost Queen
      Secret of Shadow Ranch
      Alibi in the Ashes
      Ghost of Thornton Hall

(\_/)

Comment

Music plays a big part in human emotions, it can make us sad and depressed, or very upbeat and excited, or scared. Scary things happening along with scary music makes it doubly awesome. To each his own though.

-S14
        .................................................. ........................
        The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
        .................................................. ....
        .................................................. .................

Comment

ok! :)
          Read my reviews!(:
          Tomb of the Lost Queen
          Secret of Shadow Ranch
          Alibi in the Ashes
          Ghost of Thornton Hall

(\_/)

Comment

Yeah, my cousin and I agree with you. The house did look a little like CRY. :)))))
            As the great Robert Frost once said,

"In three words, I can sum up everything I learned about life..."
            .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................................................

......................SONNY WUZ HERE!......................

Comment

right?! :)
              Read my reviews!(:
              Tomb of the Lost Queen
              Secret of Shadow Ranch
              Alibi in the Ashes
              Ghost of Thornton Hall

(\_/)

Comment

You're not dumb; the ending is supposed to be sort of vague and confusing. I think HeR left the ending up for interpretation on purpose; it forces the player to engage in the game and think about what he or she wants the ending to be. Personally, I don't think that Charlotte's ghost was real. I know the explanation given is sort of vague and sketchy, but I think it's definitely plausible. On the other hand, I can totally see how other people would think Charlotte's ghost is real; there's evidence to support both ideas.

~Aly
                .*¯)
                ...*
                .(...I have been crucified with Christ.
                ..*._.*....It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me.
                ..........And the life I now live in the flesh.........
                .................... I live by faith in the Son of God,
                ............who loved me and gave himself for me.
                ...............................-Gal. 2:20

Comment

Haha! Awesome review! I forced my cat to sit with me too. :)
                  And all I loved, I loved alone.

Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

I didn't think she was real either, but we never know! And I know right, but my cat got annoyed with me
                    Read my reviews!(:
                    Tomb of the Lost Queen
                    Secret of Shadow Ranch
                    Alibi in the Ashes
                    Ghost of Thornton Hall

(\_/)

Comment

Nice review! I noticed you also were wondering what that thing was in the cotton room. It's so weird!

Comment

Graphics need work

I disagree about the graphics. Today's computer graphics have come a looonnngg way and Her Interactive needs to catch up and make a product that's competitive in graphics quality. The spooky/misty/night and dimly lit house interior could have been done crisper and with better color without losing the desired ghostly effect. I felt like I was looking through a dirty gauze.

Comment

LOOOOOOVED your reveiw Kat! Im still workin on this game and have also used alot of hints/spoilers lol
                          ...........,•*¨¯¨*•,. .. "Here you leave today and enter a world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"~Walt Disney ..,•*¨¯¨*•, .
                          .......,•*¨¯¨*•, .....',¸¸,• ... ) ... .·´¯)............`·. .....( ... •,¸¸,' ...,•*¨¯¨*•,
                          ........(.....•,¸¸,'..............·´ . .·´ ...(.. . -:|:- ...). ...`·. ..`·. ...........',¸¸,• ....)
                          ........`×.,¸__¸,.×´¯) ...(_¸.·´ ........`×.,¸_¸,.×´.. ......`·.¸_) ...(¯`×.,¸__¸,.×´
                          .........·´ .,•*¨¯¨*•, ............................,•*¨¯¨*•, . `·.
                          ......................(_¸.·´ ...........`×.,¸¸,.×´¨¯¨`×.,¸¸,.×´ ...........
                          `·.¸_) ©I used part of L.bulldog's sig to make this!

Comment

HAHA! I loved your reference to the walrus seal thingy!! I thought it was amazing as well
                            ...........,•*¨¯¨*•,. .. "Here you leave today and enter a world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"~Walt Disney ..,•*¨¯¨*•, .
                            .......,•*¨¯¨*•, .....',¸¸,• ... ) ... .·´¯)............`·. .....( ... •,¸¸,' ...,•*¨¯¨*•,
                            ........(.....•,¸¸,'..............·´ . .·´ ...(.. . -:|:- ...). ...`·. ..`·. ...........',¸¸,• ....)
                            ........`×.,¸__¸,.×´¯) ...(_¸.·´ ........`×.,¸_¸,.×´.. ......`·.¸_) ...(¯`×.,¸__¸,.×´
                            .........·´ .,•*¨¯¨*•, ............................,•*¨¯¨*•, . `·.
                            ......................(_¸.·´ ...........`×.,¸¸,.×´¨¯¨`×.,¸¸,.×´ ...........
                            `·.¸_) ©I used part of L.bulldog's sig to make this!

Comment

Charlotte

I'll say Charlotte had a good story to her. Also, I went crazy when I first saw her.

Comment

Working...
                              X