X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ➸ ¦ ɢʜosτ of τʜoʀɴτoɴ ʜaʟʟ

GHOST OF THORNTON HALL REVIEW
    SETTING | ★★★★
    The setting of this game is awesome! (Appearance-wise, at least.) Ghost of Thornton Hall is set on haunted Blackrock Island, which belongs to the Thornton family. The setting sort of limits the locations a bit, which was dull at times; but as the game progresses new locations open up. Although the places you can visit are limited, they are all beautifully detailed and very spooky.
    PUZZLES, CHORES + ACTIVITIES | ★★★
    Basically this entire game is puzzles. There are no chores or little activities (like running the snack shop in WAC or making drinks in HAU), which actually really disappointed me. (I never realized how much I liked running errands for people until nobody asks me to do them! haha.) The puzzles were entertaining, but most of the time I had no idea what I was doing. Thankfully, the game gives really great hints and solutions for puzzles you just can't seem to figure out on your own.
    CHARACTERS | ★★★
    I'm not sure how I feel about the characters of this game because you don't really get to interact with them a lot. (There's even a point where everybody just disappears for a while. That kinda threw me off.) Everyone is really isolated-and as I mentioned before-nobody asks you to run any errands. (It's kinda funny, because it seems like the character you interact with the most is the ghost.) Nobody in this game really wants to "be your friend" and they all seem really suspicious of you and each other, so it's only natural that they wouldn't want to talk to you that much. (Which is fine by me because I don't typically enjoy lengthy dialogue.)
    MUSIC, ATMOSPHERE + GENERAL CREEPINESS | ★★★★★
    The music and atmosphere in this game is perfect and that is really all I have to say! The music was really fitting and didn't distract from the general theme of the game. Thornton Hall is perfectly run-down and creepy and all of the weird little "haunting" that you encounter are really great. Some of them are really obvious (like Charlotte appearing or statues moving) and some are more subtle (like having a creepy shadow pass in front of a window), which I feel made them more fun.
    LENGTH, PLOT + ENDING | ★★★
    Man were there ever a lot of plot lines going on in this game! It was kind of hard to keep them all straight at times. All of them work together, but some of them seem kind of jumbled and unnecessary. The game itself was decently long. In fact, it took way longer than I thought it would. I liked that the ending doesn't “sneak up on you”, you know when it's happening. (Although, I really didn't expect the ending of the game to be like it was at all.)
    IN CONCLUSION
    Overall, I really enjoyed this game. Although it isn't the scariest Nancy Drew game I've ever played (CUR still wins there!), It was still scary enough to be fun and I always looked forward to the next time Charlotte would pop up.

Thank You

Thank You for your review! I haven't played a ND game in some time (I think the last one was The Haunting of Castle Malloy). And I've wanted to get back into it. Your review definitely helped in opening a broader picture of how the game is, and still doesn't give anything away! I can't believe they're $20 to buy/download. They were $10 when I was buying them in stores about 5-6 years ago! I also have to agree that the scariest games I've played are CUR and MHM! Thanks again
    SCK, STFD, MHM, TRT, FIN, DOG, CAR, DDI, SHA, CUR,CRE, HAU, SAW, TOT
    Also played & finished, ICE, CRY. CLK & TRN

Comment

Working...
    X