Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you think of this game?? (NO spoilers please)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you think of this game?? (NO spoilers please)

Come rate this game for us and give us your overall opinion. We want to know. You can make your vote and then either post and explain why you rated it as you did (without game event or culprit name/gender spoilers). OR just provide us with a link to a past review you may have written. This is meant to be helpful to all those gamers who may not have played this game yet and come here to find out what we thought of it. So keep that in mind when posting please. Thank you!!
    1.84%
    3.23%
    2.76%
    3.69%
    8.29%
    9.22%
    12.90%
    19.82%
    21.20%
    17.05%
    Happy 91st Birthday,
    Nancy Drew!

Nancy Drew was born when The Secret of the Old Clock was published on April 28, 1930!

An Impressive Game!!

After being very disappointed by MED, I was aprehensive about LIE. My fears completely disappeard however once I played the game. This game not only had a gorgeous setting with an incredibly well-integrated use of mythology, but also included an wide variety of personalities in the cast of suspects (it also included something regarding the suspects and their outfits that I won't mention specifically because even though I don't think it would be a spoiler, I don't want to ruin for anybody anyway). LIE also included lots of fun (and some rather difficult) puzzles and a very good game length. As one of my new favorite games, I could find very little in LIE to nitpick at. If I had one complaint, it was that I was able to figure out the culprit very early on in the game. But even that wasn't too disappointing because it gave me time to try and figure out exactly how HeR was going to incorporate the ending with the clues I had.
    Have officially finished all Nancy Drew games

My favorites:
    Secret of Shadow Ranch
    Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon
    Ghost of Thornton Hall
    The Silent Spy
    Labyrinth of Lies

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of good fortune, must be in want of a wife.
    ~Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
    A.K.A My favorite novel ever

Just as I am loyal to The Doctor, and not the actor playing him, I am loyal to Nancy. There will be an adjustment period for the new voice actor for Nancy, however, I've made it through many regenerations watching Doctor Who. If I have learned to love a new Doctor that many times, I'm sure I can learn to love a new voice for Nancy.

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed this game!

What I really noticed was the use of vivid colors, the underground sets were full of what I call "game eye candy". I love it when there is a lot to look at and many places to go and search. I found myself clicking everywhere just to see what might be there (Btw would be even more awesome to have some random stuff pop out or show up). I love trying to find the egg and charms while playing as well (add more)! :) On top of all of this the fact that you actually learn about something (Greek Mythology in this case) makes you feel like you are accomplishing something while playing a game! As far as the characters.... I loved the accents they had and the voices they used were perfect. I wanted to hear them speak, their voices caught my attention very well. This is one of my favorite games thus far, just makes me want to play more and can't wait for the next. Good job!

Comment

I voted 9!!

The scenery was amazing, everything in the game was very beautiful. I loved how the characters looked as well as what they were wearing - very detailed! They were also interesting to get to know; each had their own personality, which you could clearly see. The music was great and was accurately paired with each moment in the game; dangerous times had lower, creepy music and bright scenes had happy music. There were a lot of puzzles, some stumped me and some were easier, but overall they weren't super difficult because the clues were always right there for you to find. I just sometimes missed them lol. As a lover of mythology, I was so excited to finally have a game set in Greece with puzzles based on mythology and, personally, I wasn't disappointed. I also enjoyed the feeling of suspicion and danger the game gave; it felt more dangerous than ND games have in the past, but not enough to scare any younger kids. I loved how the ending dragged on because there were so many events that you had to trigger before the ending happened. You could tell it was coming, but it was nice that it didn't happen until after many more puzzles and events. Overall, another great game, HeR! I can't wait to go play it again and I think I will once I finish reading more posts!
        .promise me you’ll always remember:...•*¨¯)
        you’re braver than you believe,.............................•*
        .and stronger than you seem,.........•*¨¯¨*•........(.........•*¨¯)
        and smarter than you think.....(_¸,.•*......*•.,¸_)*•.,¸_¸,.•*

.~-*`ND Lingo

Comment

BADDDDD

This game was not good. I don't get what everyone else sees in it? Maybe everyone was so disappointed and starved by Medallion that they would take any bone thrown to them that somewhat resembles old games.....but really I can't even finish this game (and this will be the first time I'm unable to finish a game in all 31 games because it is so boring).

This game is just...bad....compare it to the other games like Haunted Mansion, Blackmoor, Shadow Ranch, Thornton Hall, Ghost Dogs, Decpetion, etc. This game is nowhere NEAR that level of awesome.

I've been playing these games for a VERY long time and I have always loved them. They are apart of my childhood. I can't finish this game because I have enjoyed it so little.

Comment

I give it a 9. After replaying the game a second time (and not doing a speedrun, haha) I really got a feel for the game, puzzles and characters. The game may not be my number 1 favorite, but it has definitely made it into my top 10! (:

- Ella
            .¸•*¨¯¨*•¸...........¸•*¨¯¨*•¸
            (.....*·-·´`•.,¸_¸,.•´`·-·*....)
            .`•¸........Happy........¸•´
            ....)....Halloween....(
            .¸•´¸•*¨¯¨*•¸....¸•*¨¯¨*•¸`•¸
            (...`·-·*......)..(.....*·-·´...)
            .`•.,¸__¸,.•´....`•.,¸__¸,.•´ ©×MG×

Thanks for the sig!
            I've solved every case, and I cannot wait for another! Bring on mystery number 32!

Comment

This game gets a 10/10 from me. Not only is it a huge, huge improvement over MED - so much so that I don't think I can fully describe how relieved and overjoyed I was while playing it - but it's a wonderful game on its own. Every aspect of the plot makes sense! The characters are beautifully written! The locations are gorgeous and tons of fun to explore! LIE is my favorite game written by Nik Blahunka, and personally I think it was the perfect send-off for him as he moves on from his work at Her.
              neverending song
              2008-2018

So far from me walks your dear self
              So far from me too is your home
              to which I can never find my way
              your fairy tale...

Comment

I was torn between 7 and 8, but I chose 7. LIE is a good game and has a great premise and memorable characters. I still can't help but feel a bit disappointed in it. The educational aspect was hardly even covered, and the ending was beyond boring to me.

However, there are a lot of awesome things. The graphics and music for the most part are good, the characters like I said are fun and memorable, and the puzzles were brilliant and handled perfectly. Overall, I like this game, but it could have been a bit better in some respects.
                .........I think Earth is a pretty great place.....¸.·°¨¯¨°·¸
                ...........That's saying something....¸.·`.......`·-·`
                ...¸·°¨¯¨°·.¸ 'cause I've been through outer space!
                ...`·-·`.......` · . , ¸ _ ¸ , . · `(_¸ , . · `

Hope everyone's having a great summer!

Comment

I was hooked - I rated it a 10

This felt more like a good Nancy Drew adventure game. I was quickly drawn into and understood the story line. The characters were very likeable.

Puzzles: As a rule, I don't like puzzles. Putting that aside: the puzzles were challenging, workable, and related to the story so I felt I was on a quest. I "wanted" to solve the puzzles by myself and not just "get past" them.

The clues and information I collected made sense and were logical in solving the game, the problem and/or the puzzles.

Locations: Nancy isn't able to get to all possible locations at once so there is always something to look forward to.

I enjoyed finding the charms, however, I still have one yet to find. Therefore, I simply must replay the game
                  I didn't find any Easter eggs, so I will try again.

The artwork was amazing! The voice actors did a great job!

I only found myself wandering around unable to progress one time. It was just a matter of walking through a certain place from a different direction. Somehow the game was prepared for this because eventually one of the characters jumped in and said something like, "Don't you have something better to do?" and blocked me from entering one way - forcing me to go around through another way. That is a well-planned game :)

I am the happy owner of all the Nancy Drew games. My daughter just bought this one as her first.

As usual keep up the good work, HER.

Comment

I gave it a 10. Loved it!

This is now among my favorite Nancy Drews.

Comment

Writing

I always forget to comment on the writing/script.

The story line was fun and interesting. It flowed smoothly, and I felt it was well-written. I felt it was logical and believable.

Comment

A return to wonderful games

I rated Labyrinth of Lies a 9, there was so much to take in and enjoy, I'll have to replay the game soon because I'm sure there are things I missed the first time through.

For starters the music in the game was wonderful, the music in the underworld was particularly haunting.

The designs were amazing. The colors of the underworld, the creepy faces and hands reaching out at you set the mood perfectly. (I wish we'd been able to peek inside Elysium though.)

The museum was full of things to see and read about and there were so many puzzles to do. I liked making the temples. I also liked that there were additional puzzles that were optional, I'll definitely do them when I play again.

The characters all seemed like they had something to hide and made me want to investigate them more.

The reason this game didn't get a 10 from me is due to only a few things. There was no phone contact with Bess, George or Ned...., and some elements of the game seemed like deja vu from other games, particularly Tomb of the Lost Queen and Secret of the Scarlet Hand.

Overall a vast improvement from MED, I can't wait to play through it again!
                        This too shall pass~~~~

Comment

Loved it!

I played this game for the first time in Master and I realized I should have done Amateur first because the puzzles are totally hard and challenging (although some were okay)

At first I didn't really like how they looked but I got used to their new animation as I went on. I so loved the characters' movements as Nancy chats with them. It was so awesome it reminds me of when people talks in real life. Oh and I totally love the characters (and Nancy)'s conversations/sayings in this game.

Even though there were some parts got me confused but I enjoyed it very much. :) I would give this game 9/10
                          ~ MD12 ~

Comment

Awesome game!

In my opinion, this game was a huge step up from MED! The game overall was very engaging. The characters were great, there were lots of places to explore, and the graphics were amazing. I was one of those people that was initially not too excited about the game and I honestly didn't think it would be that great. Boy, was I wrong! I highly recommend playing this game. I gave it a 10/10.
                            Hey, I'm Sparkle Bubble! I love Nancy Drew!

Comment

This game is a huge improvement from MED. My expectations for this game were very low because I was so disappointed in the last game, but I'm very happy with this one. The characters aren't annoying, the plot doesn't have too many holes, and there is plenty of snooping around! I'm very satisfied with this game. I give it an 8.
                              ….…[]
                              .-==-.
                              | || ..-÷-.
                              All of time and space; everywhere and
                              |□ |□| ( *∙-∙´¸.-÷-.¸
                              anywhere; every star that ever was.
                              |□ |□|`∙--∙´…_…`∙.¸∙*¨¯¨*∙.
                              '--┴-'
                              … ..∙*¨¯¨*∙¸,.∙´_…*∙-∙´ Where do you want to start?
                              ..∙´……………(….…( `∙¸…………¸.·*¨¯¨*·¸
                              (_¸.∙´¨¯¨`∙¸
                              …_…`∙¸_…`∙-∙’·.,¸_¸,.·*´……*·-·´
                              ………©_*∙.,¸_¸,.∙*

Comment

Working...
                              X