• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chubba's TRN Review ~ :)

Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon
    Review

Storyline
    Jake Hurley, a miner from the late 1800's, train has just been found in an old warehouse. Jake's mine was lost ages ago and no one knows how to find it. Lori Girard, a young, wealthy socialite gets her dad to fix the train up and brings along a cop, ghost hunter(Jake's dead wife is rumored to haunt the train), a romance writer and the Hardy Boys + Nancy. Lori wants to find Jake's mine and puts all of her guests up to the task.
    I LOVED, LOVED this storyline. It was very original and interesting. I give the storyline a 10/10.

Characters
    This game was my favorite character-wise as well, because you do a lot of interaction with the characters and they all have a different, individual personality. Even the Hardy Boys each have a different personality. I won't describe each character; you'll have to find out who's who for yourself. ;)
    I give the characters in this game an 8/10 because even though they can be annoying like all characters they actually seemed like real people.

Scare Factor
    In TRN, it's not so much a scare factor as it is a creepy factor.
    It's more that Nancy's really the only one getting up and walking around a haunted train while everyone else is staying put. That's enough for me, because at some parts I got really anxious wherever I was and tried finishing my business in wherever I was so I could leave that area. I give the scare factor in TRN a 7/10.

Challenging Level
    This game wasn't the most challenging, especially if you're playing on Junior level. It's definitely got hitches but one of the biggest parts in the game was the easiest, in my opinion. The answers are kind of thrown at you if you look hard enough. I give this game a 6/10 for the challenging level because it could have been harder but it also could have been easier.

Puzzles
    I loved how every puzzle in the game seemed to get you closer to finding out the mystery of the train's alleged haunting and the mystery of Jake Hurley. I could get through this game without UHS Hints or a walkthrough; but that's probably because I was playing on Junior level (the puzzles are the same for both levels). I give the puzzles in this game an 8/10 because whilst they were pretty fun, one of the puzzles was plain out too scary for me to finish in one shot.

Graphics & Audio
    I really liked the graphics in this game. They were neat and realistic. I also liked the audio, the two tracks you listened to most of the game didn't get old and were pretty long so you didn't have to hear the exact same thing every thirty seconds. However as the characters are getting better some were a little stiff when they talked, not as bad as other games though. The characters sort of looked like greenscreen cutouts, and this was one of the later games so I was sort of surprised. The same thing was with some of the things you could interact with, you knew you could because they stood out so much. I give graphics and audio a 6/10 because characters and hot spots both had 2-point deductions.

Ending
    This ending was pretty surprising. The culprit is unexpected and the way you end the game is a pretty fun, action-packed way considering the culprit doesn't give you much to work off of. I liked this ending a lot better than others but there's one that still trumps the rest in my book, so this places second. 9/10.

Final Score
    54/70---77%
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄██▄ ▄██▄
    .█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█. ▄██▄ ▄██▄
    ███████████ █ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ █ ███████████
    ▀███████▀
    . █▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█. ▀███████▀
    ▀███▀
    . . ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄. . ▀███▀
    . . . █▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█. . .
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ©Roxas

Well done.

Though I would have rated it higher.
    ~~ LadyLinda ~~ -----
    LINKS...ND20+ Easter Eggs & Glitchs...CAP Phone Charms...ND Game Extras...TMB Phone Charms

Comment

Thanks! This is my favorite game next to CRY and Message in a Haunted Mansion. I loved the atmosphere of this one because it was more interesting and kept me more focused than others did. You always had something to do or find in this game and were never stuck.
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄██▄ ▄██▄
      .█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█. ▄██▄ ▄██▄
      ███████████ █ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ █ ███████████
      ▀███████▀
      . █▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█. ▀███████▀
      ▀███▀
      . . ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄. . ▀███▀
      . . . █▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█. . .
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ©Roxas

Comment

Working...
      X