Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Last Train Leads to Fun!

My Introduction
    Hi! I'm disneygirl12! This is my first review, and I hope you like it!
    First, let's go over the plot. Nancy Drew is invited to go aboard a train, along with other kinds of detectives, in order for them to try and discover the history of Jake Hurley, the man who first owned the train they are riding. Along the way, many plot twists and interesting events are thrown at you, which makes the game all the more fun to play.
    Now that we know more about the game, let's go over the good and the bad.

All aboard!

Fruitcakes [cons]
    A few puzzles and games were difficult to solve, and there weren't clear instructions for some of them.

Good Cakes [pros]
    The characters were unique, social, and memorable.
    If you're a fan of sleuthing, there's a nice amount in the game. It's not fully looking through people's belongings, but also overhearing conversations.
    The music is something to rave about. While most of the songs are calm, the one that plays in the credits (my favorite) is bouncy and climactic.
    One part of the game has a really neat and colorful moment. The graphics look beautiful! (I'd go into detail, but I don't want to spoil it. )
    The ending was one of my favorites! All the events leading up to it build up the suspense. The culprit was a good choice, too.
    The storyline is long and adventurous. As you play, you really look forward to what's going to happen next in the game.
    The general setting is likeable. The idea of being on a train is really cool, and you eventually can get off the train to continue your sleuthing.

Overall, this was a generally great game. The characters were unique (and most of them likeable), the puzzles were balanced, and the minigames were fun. A great game from Herinteractive. My overall score is shown below, four stars out of five. Thanks for reading!

= Great!
    Read my next review, on The Captive Curse.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Last Game: Secret of the Old Clock
    Next Game: Danger by Design
    Last edited by disneygirl12; April 3, 2015, 07:19 PM. Reason: Link to CLK review
    .........I think Earth is a pretty great place.....¸.·°¨¯¨°·¸
    ...........That's saying something....¸.·`.......`·-·`
    ...¸·°¨¯¨°·.¸ 'cause I've been through outer space!
    ...`·-·`.......` · . , ¸ _ ¸ , . · `(_¸ , . · `

Hope everyone's having a great summer!

Great review! I completely agree with the music part, probably my favorite ND soundtrack!
    jjjjj

Check out my new AE here!

Comment

Working...
    X