Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRN Review

Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon: released in 2005

Based on the book: Mystery Train (A Nancy Drew & Hardy Boys Supermystery, published in 1990)

How Closely Does the Game Follow the Book?: Pretty Closely. The characters are different but the plot is very similar.

The Mystery/Crime: The location of a lost mine; possible kidnapping

Mode Of Transportation: Train

Is there an alarm clock in this game?: No

What is learned about in this game?: Gem stones, mines, history

Brief Plot Synopsis: Nancy and the Hardy Boys are invited to go on a train ride to find a mine and possibly a treasure. While on the train, the host disappears.

Brief Character Synopsis:

Charleena Purcell - A famous romance novelist
    Actress I would cast to play her if it were a live-action movie or TV show: Annette Bening

John Gray - A paranormal expert who host his own cable TV show called "Ghost Hunters"
    Actor I would cast to play him if it were a live-action movie or TV show: Gary Dourdan

Lori Girard - A young wealthy socialite who invites the others on the train ride to help find the mine
    Actress I would cast to play her if it were a live-action movie or TV show: Anna Faris

Tino Balducci - A headline-making police officer
    Actor I would cast to play him if it were a live-action movie or TV show: Bobby Canavale

Phone Characters:

Bess Marvin - Nancy's friend

George Fayne - Nancy's friend

Other characters:
    Fatima - Worker at the Museum/Taffy Shop

Frank and Joe Hardy - Fellow sleuths who are on the train ride

My favorite quotes:

"I get your drift, Joe. I have lived with your drift for years. I am saddled with your drift." - Frank Hardy

"If he's the one who finds that mine, I'll eat my laptop." - Charleena Purcell

My Thoughts: This isn't one of my absolute favorite games, but I do like it a lot. It had interesting characters, the puzzles fit in with the plot, and I like the location. Being on a train was fun and different. Then the train stops and Nancy can explore a crypt and a small museum and taffy shop, among other locations. There were some really cool graphics for the time in a few scenes in particular. There's lots of funny quotes and scenes. I find this game very entertaining.

My Random Comments: I like the design of Frank and Joe way better in this game than in the other game in which they appear. In the other game they are cartoonish and almost ugly. They look much better in this game.

My Rating: 8/10
Working...
X