Taffy Patch with Wineskin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taffy Patch with Wineskin?

I've been trying to figure out how to get past the taffy sorting glitch, because my game freezes every time. I even started a new game and tried to sort the taffy before I took the wax paper but it still froze (this is the "no dirty rectangle slots available" glitch). I'm playing a Wineskin Wrapper version of TRN created after installing the two disks on my Mac, and I'm wondering if it is possible to also use the patch through Wineskin. The page that is supposed to have the patch doesn't exist on the Her website anymore, and I somehow managed to find the patch somewhere else (this required a lot of Internet scouring and I'm honestly not sure now where I found it) but of course I can't open it because I'm on a Mac. Wondering if I would need to create a new wrapper just for the patch, and if so, how to do that. I might need step-by-step instructions because I don't REALLY know what I'm doing.

Any help is appreciated greatly! Thank you so much!!

Originally posted by avid View Post
    I've been trying to figure out how to get past the taffy sorting glitch, because my game freezes every time. I even started a new game and tried to sort the taffy before I took the wax paper but it still froze (this is the "no dirty rectangle slots available" glitch). I'm playing a Wineskin Wrapper version of TRN created after installing the two disks on my Mac, and I'm wondering if it is possible to also use the patch through Wineskin. The page that is supposed to have the patch doesn't exist on the Her website anymore, and I somehow managed to find the patch somewhere else (this required a lot of Internet scouring and I'm honestly not sure now where I found it) but of course I can't open it because I'm on a Mac. Wondering if I would need to create a new wrapper just for the patch, and if so, how to do that. I might need step-by-step instructions because I don't REALLY know what I'm doing.

Any help is appreciated greatly! Thank you so much!!
    I was able to download the patch from HeR’s website, if that helps. I’ve never encountered the glitch while playing TRN, but I looked up the patch for you to see if it was still available and it seems to be. I think it would work if you downloaded the patch to the game folder before you created the wineskin version of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Yurithecat View Post
      I was able to download the patch from HeR’s website, if that helps. I’ve never encountered the glitch while playing TRN, but I looked up the patch for you to see if it was still available and it seems to be. I think it would work if you downloaded the patch to the game folder before you created the wineskin version of the game.
      So I tried this, and it didn't work. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and put the patch in the game folder before I created the wineskin version of the game, and I still ended up with the game freezing and the "no more dirty rectangle slots" message 20 times. Does anyone else have any suggestions? Again, I'm on a mac using Wineskin to play TRN that I installed using a physical copy.

Comment

Originally posted by avid View Post
        So I tried this, and it didn't work. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and put the patch in the game folder before I created the wineskin version of the game, and I still ended up with the game freezing and the "no more dirty rectangle slots" message 20 times. Does anyone else have any suggestions? Again, I'm on a mac using Wineskin to play TRN that I installed using a physical copy.
        Have you tried emailing HeR Tech Support?

Comment

Originally posted by Yurithecat View Post
          Have you tried emailing HeR Tech Support?
          I have, and got an automated response about them being overwhelmed with responses from the holidays (?) and they are in catch-up mode. That was a week ago and I haven't heard from them yet.

Comment

Working...
          X