Jessi's CRY Review!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jessi's CRY Review!!

You, as Nancy Drew, are asked by Ned Nickerson to travel to New Orleans to help out a friend of his, Henry Bolet, who's great-uncle recently died. When you arrive to the Bolet house, you are attacked by a sinister looking being!! Who was it, and what do they want? And what's all this talk about a crystal skull?! It's up to you to uncover the Legend of The Crystal Skull!!
    Plot: The plot wasn't too bad, actually. You have to pay attention to really understand it all, but it isn't THAT hard to get. Pretty much all the loose ends are tied up at the end. Four Stars!

Characters: There are four face-to-face characters, and they all had unique personalities and motives. There are quite a few phone characters, but I won't spoil anything Each one was original in appearance, voice and characteristics and I applaud HeR for the unique-ness of it all. Four stars!

Puzzles: I played Junior my first time, and a few of the puzzles were challenging and I did have to get a few cheats, BUT I think that's just because I wasn't feeling my best physically and decided to play lazy haha. There was a good amount of puzzles, and pretty much one after another and quite a few that you had to complete in order to move forward. Three Stars!

Setting: You're in New Orleans...and it's rainy. Basically that's it. Nancy only stays in once place, and that's the Bolet residence, although there is a garden and cemetery to explore, but that quickly gets annoying. One other character can play as well, and she only moves from a balcony to a shop and back. The setting is well-thought out and unique, but soon becomes REAL tiring. Two Stars!

Scare Factor: Not crazy like, "OMG!" but not bad like, "....." either. The scariest part is definitely in the beginning, and even that is just startling. Everything else is just creepy/weird. Three Stars!

Ending: Definitely liked the ending. It was relatively surprising and I had to have a second chance haha. Four Stars!

Overall: It is a good game, although not one of my favorites. I prefer to travel more and not have to stay in one place. I also like my face2face characters. AND I also think it's dumb that the whole thing takes place in one day. Anyway....overall: Four Stars!

Leave your questions, comments, and concerns please!! Thanks, y'all : ) ~ Jessi
    I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet
    Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous...I'm
    903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your
    lives..and all 6 billion people on the planet below.

.........You got a problem with that?

credits: Nancywantsclues

First off, plus reputation. Wonderful review. I am actually only around 2/6 of the way through, but I am really liking it so far, especially the puzzles like the block and ball puzzle. :)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wade: "Life is a quest for truth, is it not? And death has a way of stripping away all pretensions."
    Nancy: "That's pretty philosophical for a guy wearing boots." - GTH
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Abdullah: "I don't leave the house for anything less than amazing." - TMB
    Abdullah: "If you do not have enough faith in humans to believe that we invented pushing, dragging, and lifting without the help of aliens, you are terminally wrong and incredibly stupid. We will never agree on anything." - TMB
    Abdullah: "I am Abdullah Bakhoum. Curses have no power over me." - TMB
    Professor Hotchkiss: "The best part about ancient Egyptian names is that there are no ancient Egyptians around to correct your pronunciation." - TMB

Comment

Well thanks so much!! :D the block and ball puzzle is short, but it's enjoyable : )

Comment

Originally posted by Purple_Palomino View Post
        Well thanks so much!! :D the block and ball puzzle is short, but it's enjoyable : )
        Ha! I finished the game a couple of days ago and it was AMAZING! I think it is one of my favorite games... The puzzles were hard, medium and easy. There were only 4 characters, which made it easier, and the graphics and music was awesome! I liked how there was no power. I also liked that contraption I had to make with the sneezing powder! Very challenging, even on junior. I had to use my wits along with common sense, like knowing that the fan would go where the plug went. :P
        Wade: "Life is a quest for truth, is it not? And death has a way of stripping away all pretensions."
        Nancy: "That's pretty philosophical for a guy wearing boots." - GTH
        Abdullah: "I don't leave the house for anything less than amazing." - TMB
        Abdullah: "If you do not have enough faith in humans to believe that we invented pushing, dragging, and lifting without the help of aliens, you are terminally wrong and incredibly stupid. We will never agree on anything." - TMB
        Abdullah: "I am Abdullah Bakhoum. Curses have no power over me." - TMB
        Professor Hotchkiss: "The best part about ancient Egyptian names is that there are no ancient Egyptians around to correct your pronunciation." - TMB

Comment

You're very right!! :D It's not my favorite, but it is good :) haha ~Jessi

Comment

Working...
          X