A Brief Comment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Brief Comment

All of the Nancy Drew games that I have played may mention something about a 'curse' or 'monster', but the myths involve humans trying to scare everyone. But this game has some odd hoodoo and other spiritistic practices. So I didn't finish playing it, although I'm sure that the legend of the crystal skull would turn out to be a scheme. This is just a heads-up; the Nancy Drew games are always good, clean fun and so this is why it came as a shock to me.
    **Signature in Progress**

Please click the link below to visit my signature shop, 'The Captive Curse Signature Gift Shoppe'- the place to go for 'Captive Curse' glass giants and phrases!

http://community.herinteractive.com/....php?t=1269335

I am sorry you did not finish this game. It is one of my favorites. I too was very cautious when I played this game because of the hoodoo content. But I can not force you to finish a game, but I do reccomend in the future to try to finish. This game does not go into depth of hoodoo stuff. I hope you might finish it sometime:)

-Kasey
    ¸•*¨¯¨*•¸
    . ...*.¸¸.’
    it's the crazy people who enjoy life
    ........‘.¸¸.´¨¯)) .. //«
    so it's a good thing I'm
    crazy

Comment

I have always felt that "good, clean fun", as you put it, applies to learning about other cultures and beliefs as much as good old snooping and sleuthing. I'm surprised and sorry that you felt unable to finish CRY because of its content. I enjoyed playing it, and like Kasey I hope you might finish it at some point in the future. :)

- Emily
      ……………emily.
      .˛·´¨¯¨`·˛ …………..·……….…. .·´¨¯)……….·
      (….*·-·´.. .·´¨¯)
      this is the FIRST day of my life

.`·.,˛_˛,.·´.·´……..·…. ˛.·´.·´.. .·´¨¯)
      ……….. .·´.·´¯`·˛ .. .·´¨¯(¨`·.˛ ..(_˛.·´ .. .·´ .. .·´¨¯¨`·. ……..·
      …..·….(….`·-·*..)·´…….`·.˛_) …..·...(_˛,.·´ .....*·-·´
      ………..`·.,˛_˛,.·´ …………·

Thanks Aline! ♥

Comment

Originally posted by NancyDrewFan714 View Post
        All of the Nancy Drew games that I have played may mention something about a 'curse' or 'monster', but the myths involve humans trying to scare everyone. But this game has some odd hoodoo and other spiritistic practices. So I didn't finish playing it, although I'm sure that the legend of the crystal skull would turn out to be a scheme. This is just a heads-up; the Nancy Drew games are always good, clean fun and so this is why it came as a shock to me.
        I see what you're saying here. It did have a little more of the spirit factors in it that could have been left out. However, it wasn't nearly as bad as The Curse of Blackmoore Manor, which I stopped playing less than halfway through. I have to say that I was able to keep playing this game without faltering even when the Hoodoo came up. (It helps to turn down the sound at the parts with hoodoo) But, I completely understand why you didn't finish it.
        “ God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
        Courage to change the things I can, and Wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Working...
        X