• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My review on Nancy Drew Message in a Haunted Mansion. 😃

I recently replayed Message in the Haunted Mansion (ND game #3) for a GP,
    so I thought I'd post a review.

Plot:
    You as Nancy Drew head to stormy San Francisco to help a friend of Hannah Gruen, (Nancy's housekeeper.) Rose Green, with renovations. When you get there strange things start to happen, ghostly moans, fires, and other mysterious hauntings. Can you as Nancy Drew figure out who the ghost is?
    Overall, I would rate the storyline/plot: 10/10. You will probably like this game is you like spookier Nancy Drew games.

Characters:
    There are four main characters in the game. Rose Green who is the co-owner of the mansion, Abby Sideris who is the other co-owner of the mansion, Louis Chandler is an antiques dealer who is helping Rose, and Charlie Murphy who is a handyman helping Rose. I wish we could've interacted with the characters more, I feel we interact the most with Abby and Charlie (they were my favorite characters.) Their personalities were great! I think we learn the most about Charlie. Overall, I would rate the characters as a: 6.5/10.

Scariness:
    There is a good amount of scariness in this game! If this is your first time playing, you will probably definitely be scared! The spooky sounds, ghostly figures, and others things give this game a very high scariness factor! It is probably the second or third most scariness game, after SAW. Overall, I would rate scariness level a 9/10.

Length:
    This game length was fairly well. It wasn't too short or too long, I would've made the ending a little longer (It sped up at the ending.) but other than that, it was pretty well made for the length. I never felt like it was dragging on or I was just randomly clicking on things to figure out where to go, well done on that HeR! Overall, I would rate the length an 8/10.

Setting:
    You can only stay inside the mansion, but there is around 11 or 12 rooms to explore, which in my option was great. I loved the look of the mansion, it was beautiful! All the details and colors were so pretty. Overall, I would rate the setting a 9.5/10.

Puzzles:
    There are about three or four main puzzles with some other puzzles, they are all fairly easy with a good amount of snooping. (Which I really liked.) Overall, I would rate the puzzles a 10/10.

Overall, this is a great game if you love Victorian themes, Scary Games, and Snooping. Overall, I would rate it a 9/10.

I hoped you liked this review and if you are thinking of purchasing Message in a Haunted Mansion, it will help you make a decision.

~Annie
    Last edited by superspy2000; October 3, 2014, 11:38 PM.
    ¸∙*¨¯¨*∙.¸…………¸∙´`∙¸…………¸.∙*¨¯¨*∙¸
    `∙-∙*
    ……`∙.,¸_¸,.¤´……`¤.,¸_¸,.∙´……*∙-∙´

Jesus the Righteous
    is all things. to me.
    ` ∙ . , ¸ _ ¸ .∙*¨¯¨*∙¸¸∙*¨¯¨*∙. ¸ _ ¸ , . ∙ ´
    *·-·´`·-·*

Jeremiah 29:11

Thanks for the beautiful signature, Livi!
Working...
X