Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you think of this game?? (NO spoilers please)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I gave this game a 7. It was fun, spooky (at least for a while...), but the ending was rather predictable and once I got some outside help it went by soooo fast! Too fast.

Comment

• Loved it!! Except my friends and I didn't even save the game once, and right at the very end the game quit.... anyways I wrote a review on it- Click here

If you guys thought it was scary, click here to vote on my poll
      Last edited by Shark_Attack; July 10, 2012, 07:40 AM.
      ....,-»......¸..--..¸
      ....*•-•´¯`(...«-•*...............«•´¯`•,
      «´¯`•,......*•,,•´¯`•Shark_Attack•´
      .....,•*......,•*
      ...((..«-¤´....¸×´¯`»
      .....*••-¤-••*©

Comment

• This was a great game for being the second game with CGI characters in it. I have to remind myself that this is the 3rd Nancy Drew game that was created so it is a HUGE step back from the newer games such as Alibi in Ashes, Tomb of the Lost Queen, and etc. This game took me roughly 3 hours and I took a 30 minute break to eat a snack! Compared to the other games, this game was short and didn't really develop. Things just happened and when they did, it didn't give you a hint as to what you needed to do next. I found myself talking to Bess and George constantly to find out what to do next. Overall, I would rate this game 4/5 stars because in its "era" it would've been a great game, but 12 years later this game earns 1.5/5 stars. I would recommend this game to a first timer since it wasn't too difficult, but unless you have a promo to knock this game down to $5-$7, do not get it. Just go on youtube and watch the game from there!
        I have completed:
        • Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon
        • Secret of the Old Clock
        • Danger by Design
        • Creature of Kapu Cave
        • Secret of Shadow Ranch
        • Ransom of the Seven Ships
        • Legend of the Crystal Skull
        • Trail of the Twister
        • Treasure in the Royal Tower
        • The White Wolf of Icicle Creek
        • Curse of Blackmoor Manor
        • The Final Scene
        • Shadow at Water's Edge
        • Secrets Can Kill Remastered
        • The Captive Curse
        • Secret of the Scarlet Hand
        • Alibi in Ashes
        • Message in a Haunted Mansion
        • Warnings at Waverly Academy
        • The Phantom of Venice
        • The Deadly Device
        • Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake
        • The Silent Spy
        • Labyrinth of Lies
        • Sea of Darkness
        • Shattered Medallion
        • Ghost of Thornton Hall
        • Tomb of the Lost Queen

Comment

I love this game.

Comment

• I give MHM a 9/10. It's my favorite game of the series and I feel there's very little in terms of atmosphere, music, or general storyline that needs to be improved on. However, the character interaction and the "illumination" of the backstory could be a little more polished.
            neverending song
            2008-2018

So far from me walks your dear self
            So far from me too is your home
            to which I can never find my way
            your fairy tale...

Comment

• can you say A-MAZ-ING?!

i LOVE this game- it makes my top 5 list out of the 16 nd games i've played. the location was awesome (i love mansions), the puzzels were great, it was spooky (games are just boring if there isn't a spook element to them), plot was superb, the ending was exciting and got my addrenaline going!

spook factor: 9/10
              characters: 10/10 i LOVED all the psycic and ghost stuff- it really added to the scare factor
              location: 10/10 AMAZING!!! lots to explore and many rooms to enter
              plot: 9/10
              ending: 8/10 not a challenging ending but still great non-the-less

Comment

• A 9, mostly for the nostalgia! There's a certain something I don't get from the newer games that I totally do from the first nine or ten. I don't think back to Deadly Device and "miss it" like I do MHM.

Comment

• 10!

10 all the way!! This is my 2nd favorite ND game, behind Treasure in the Royal Tower which will always be my #1 favorite. I loved the creepy, jump out of your seat aspects in the game--my favorite when playing ND. Everything was just so well put together, the puzzles weren't that hard (besides just 1 and I think my computer was the problem over all). Great, great game!
                  SCK, STFD, MHM, TRT, FIN, DOG, CAR, DDI, SHA, CUR,CRE, HAU, SAW, TOT
                  Also played & finished, ICE, CRY. CLK & TRN

Comment

9.9 haha I loved this game!! It was one of the first ones I ever played. I really liked the characters, the music, the creep factor. The only reason I didn't give it a 10 is because of one of the puzzle's, the wooden one on the floor. For the life of me I could not get it! It took me days, and my best friend to try it. Finally I had to start from the beginning and then it worked! Maybe it was a glitch in the game or my computer but it was really hard. Also, I didn't know where to go I got stuck a lot and had to look up cheats. But other than that this is my 2nd fav game behind TRT. :D
                    SCK, STFD, MHM, TRT, FIN, DOG, CAR, DDI, SHA, CUR,CRE, HAU, SAW, TOT
                    Also played & finished, ICE, CRY. CLK & TRN

Comment

• 8/10
                      So freaky and spooky! I loved the location too, Yerba Buena Island! One of the few ND game locations that I've actually been to B) You can tell that, despite the limited locale, HER really put a lot of love and detail into making this game. I have not played this game in AGES but I will always remember hearing a creepy "I see you" whisper near the paintings. It sent chills down my spine. Such a great game. I really want to play it again soon!

Comment

Working...
                      X