X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LadyLinda View Post
    From the Amateur Sleuth Blog comments section:

October 4, 2019 at 6:25 am
    Hey LJ, I have a question about the game stats. The games features say that we get to meet and interact with all 11 characters, but only 10 characters have been introduced. Is there a secret character we haven’t learned about yet?

Little Jackalope says:
    October 15, 2019 at 4:33 pm
    Yes, there is another animated character we haven’t shown, and at least three non-animated character. 😉

That totals to 14 characters in the game.
    I'm thinking that they might be referring to a ghost and/or historical Salem character, such as if we have any flashback cutscenes in the game. That would explain the three non-animated characters too.

Comment

So, there might be the most characters ever in a Nancy Drew game? Cooool!

They haven't said anything about phone characters and I'm really hoping that we can call people on the phone! I don't know why, but that's one of my favorite things about the games!
      Images are not allowed on the boards.~
      MD12

Comment

Originally posted by yukixiaomeimei View Post
        I'm thinking that they might be referring to a ghost and/or historical Salem character, such as if we have any flashback cutscenes in the game. That would explain the three non-animated characters too.
        The three non-animated characters might also mean phone friends.
        "One True Friend to all who are frightened or lost,
        Whether great or small never factor the cost,
        Catch the tears that fall and melt the frost,
        Leave no bridge uncrossed...….

One True Friend who'll stay, though all others may run,
        keep the wolves at bay till the battle is won,
        Fill the darkest day with blessed sun,
        If you need someone.
        ...He will be One True Friend"

Merry Christmas to all, and never forget the reason for the season!

Comment

Originally posted by Juliana+Walter View Post
          The three non-animated characters might also mean phone friends.
          Very true! I'm hoping we get to call Bess, George, and Ned, which would make three. The mystery eleventh character could also be Sonny Joon, given that his resume lists Paranormal Tours in Salem, Massachusetts. I think the chances of that are incredibly slim, but it would be interesting.

Comment

In addition to the new info on the characters posted above, I wanted to add some other details from LJ's responses to comments on the AS Blog I found noteworthy.

According to LJ, depending on how you play, the game is roughly 15-20 hours long.

(This is exciting as I don't think any ND game has ever taken me that long to complete other than the original few, but I was like 8 years old then).

LJ dispelled some of the confusion on the voices in the trailer. Majority of the trailer IS Olivia. However, "I don’t know how to explain it, but I saw something" is in fact the new Nancy.

LJ also discussed some of the cursors for MID. There will be the magnifying glass as one of the cursors but there will also be arrow cursors and hand cursors.
            (Sounds like all the past games to me honestly).
            •*¨¯¨*•¸THE GHOST OF THORNTON HALL¸•*¨¯¨*•
            ´`´`•.,¸_¸,.•´`•.,¸_¸,.•´*•*•* •*`•.,¸_¸,.•´`•.,¸_¸,.•´`´`
            SOME FAMILIES KEEP
            `•.,¸_¸,.•´DEADLY SECRETS`•.,¸_¸,.•´
            MAY 14TH, 2013
            `•.,¸_¸,.•´

Arizona Shadows: A SHA AE

Comment

Originally posted by yukixiaomeimei View Post
              Very true! I'm hoping we get to call Bess, George, and Ned, which would make three. The mystery eleventh character could also be Sonny Joon, given that his resume lists Paranormal Tours in Salem, Massachusetts. I think the chances of that are incredibly slim, but it would be interesting.
              I really really hope its Sonny. I've been wondering when we'd see him again. I always LOVE it when characters from past games appear. Like Jamila from TMB, in MED. Either that or references to different games. Like if we got to track down some of those
              letters
              from SPY.

But I'm really looking forward to the game, even with all the contradictions. HER has given us some amazing games, and I'm looking forward to seeing what they have in store.

Comment

Originally posted by Darlin View Post
                According to LJ, depending on how you play, the game is roughly 15-20 hours long.
                That is exciting! If HeR finally delivers on those 20+ hours of gameplay they've been promising for twenty years, I'll be tickled pink, especially if the game ends up being as amazing as we're all hoping and praying it will be. Hahaha, I'm sure it took me about that long to beat the first five when I was a kid too.

Originally posted by Skyrosleuth136 View Post
                I really really hope its Sonny. I've been wondering when we'd see him again. I always LOVE it when characters from past games appear. Like Jamila from TMB, in MED. Either that or references to different games. Like if we got to track down some of those
                letters
                from SPY.
                That would be pretty insane. I'm not sure if I would want Sonny to be featured heavily in the game just because of how much...Sonny-ness would have to come with him now after MED. There are a lot of other characters I want to get to know without Sonny waltzing in and taking over the place, if you know what I mean. I do hope there is a subtle reference to him though, given that he has to have met Olivia after working for her. Honestly, I'm more intrigued by the possibility of a subplot with The Hardy Boys that relates to whatever they've been up to since LIE.

Comment

It all sounds exciting. I am looking forward to all the characters. I really hope one of them is not Sonny. His game is the only one I can't find the interest to finish. I was thinking Savannah Woodham might be one of them, or at least a phone character.
                  ...................................•*¨¯¨*•.•*¨¯¨*•..........
                  ...................`•.,¸_¸,.•´.....*•-•´`•-•*.....´•.,,_¸,.•`
                  .•*¨¯¨*•................................................... ...........•*¨¯¨*•.
                  (.....*•-•´.¸.•*¨¯¨*•.¸.....GoNancyDrew AKA LJ.....¸.•*¨¯¨*•.`•-•*......)
                  `•.,¸_¸,.•´................) ........................(...............´•.,,_¸,.•`
                  ..................•.,¸_¸,.•´...........................`•.,¸_¸,.•
                  ..................................•*¨¯¨*•.•*¨¯¨*•.
                  .................................(....*•-•´`•-•*......)..........
                  ............................´•.,,_¸,.•`´•.,,_¸,.`
                  ............................................©ac

Comment

Maybe its dwayne powers to be the surprise character again :)

Comment

Originally posted by GoNancyDrew View Post
                      It all sounds exciting. I am looking forward to all the characters. I really hope one of them is not Sonny. His game is the only one I can't find the interest to finish. I was thinking Savannah Woodham might be one of them, or at least a phone character.
                      I can't say I blame you there. Savannah Woodham would be the perfect choice, but I doubt she would appear in the game as more than a phone character. I would be STOKED if she did though. She's one of my favorites.

Comment

I would love for Sonny to be a phone character, a la Savannah, because his prior association with the tours could make him a natural source of info that Nancy could call if she comes across his name. Sort of the way Charleena Purcell is in Shadow Ranch. Just someone providing background info or an opinion of a character or some general Sonny-ness.

Comment

Originally posted by Darlin View Post
                          [SIZE=3]In addition to the new info on the characters posted above, I wanted to add some other details from LJ's responses to comments on the AS Blog I found noteworthy. ...

... LJ also discussed some of the cursors for MID. There will be the magnifying glass as one of the cursors but there will also be arrow cursors and hand cursors.
                          (Sounds like all the past games to me honestly).
                          Good news. I do hope the game is all mouse-controlled (i.e., not having to use arrow keys or "hot" keys).

Comment

I would be as equally thrilled if Savannah or Sonny appeared. Both are pretty cool.

Comment

Now that the cover has been revealed, I'm guessing the woman in Nancy's silhouette (the one in Puritan-era garb) might be the unintroduced character???
                              "One True Friend to all who are frightened or lost,
                              Whether great or small never factor the cost,
                              Catch the tears that fall and melt the frost,
                              Leave no bridge uncrossed...….

One True Friend who'll stay, though all others may run,
                              keep the wolves at bay till the battle is won,
                              Fill the darkest day with blessed sun,
                              If you need someone.
                              ...He will be One True Friend"

Merry Christmas to all, and never forget the reason for the season!

Comment

Originally posted by Juliana+Walter View Post
                                Now that the cover has been revealed, I'm guessing the woman in Nancy's silhouette (the one in Puritan-era garb) might be the unintroduced character???
                                That was my original theory. I can't recall if LJ disputed that on the Amateur Sleuth blog or not. Anyway, that is easily the most straightforward explanation for the elusive eleventh character.

Comment

Working...
                                X