X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Info?

I was looking at the game features on the game page and saw this:

Originally posted by MID Game Page
    Experience multiple endings and solve multiple crimes based on YOUR decisions

Will this game have multiple endings like other games? I do enjoy alternate endings or choose your own adventure but I like one long story, beginning, middle, and the end, and the same culprit but if this game going to be like the other games (which I don't think I can say on this MID board), it's gonna be pretty interesting! I'm excited to see what MID is going to be like!

Teaming up with the Hardys and talking to eleven characters also sounds fun! Can't wait!
    Last edited by mdetective12; September 27th, 2019, 01:13 PM.
    Images are not allowed on the boards.~
    MD12

One of the things I am hoping for is getting to be more selective with Nancy's responses/reactions. As an old school Nancy Drew player, I loved the older games where we used to be able to pick sassy Nancy (The Final Scene), or whatever and choose our own responses to character's dialogue! :D

Comment

I can't find where it says multiple endings on the page for the game. Is it on another part of the site?

Also, I just noticed that on the game page it says "Meet and interact with all 11 characters." I am assuming these will all be in game characters (including the Hardy Boys)! However, I only count 10 character bios and that is counting Frank & Joe separately.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardy Bro View Post
        I can't find where it says multiple endings on the page for the game. Is it on another part of the site?

Also, I just noticed that on the game page it says "Meet and interact with all 11 characters." I am assuming these will all be in game characters (including the Hardy Boys)! However, I only count 10 character bios and that is counting Frank & Joe separately.
        Hmm, maybe HeR messed up a little bit there? Anyway, it says you can interact with characters under Game Features on the page.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardy Bro View Post

Huh. They changed it to
          Originally posted by MID game page
          Solve multiple crimes including arson
          I wonder what that means...

And that's interesting how there are ten characters but on the game features section of the game page they said eleven. Maybe they made a typo or there's a secret character we don't know... **thinking emoji**
          Last edited by mdetective12; September 27th, 2019, 04:08 PM.
          Images are not allowed on the boards.~
          MD12

Comment

Originally posted by mdetective12 View Post
            I was looking at the game features on the game page and saw this:

Will this game have multiple endings like other games? I do enjoy alternate endings or choose your own adventure but I like one long story, beginning, middle, and the end, and the same culprit but if this game going to be like the other games (which I don't think I can say on this MID board), it's gonna be pretty interesting! I'm excited to see what MID is going to be like!

Teaming up with the Hardys and talking to eleven characters also sounds fun! Can't wait!
            Maybe by multiple endings they only meant something minor, like those little variations at the end of SAW or SEA after the reveal, rather than true multiple endings, and then changed the wording so that people wouldn't feel cheated if that's all it was?

For the 11th character, I wonder if they're just counting Nancy. We don't really get to interact with her, but we interact AS her. I'm happy with the number of characters we're getting, even if there isn't a separate 11th character. It's still about twice as many as Nancy usually gets to talk to.

Comment

Did anyone else notice that the old game features are no longer there? Such as exploring a crypt and solving Ruth Hathorne's puzzles?

Comment

Does anyone know if this game is now 3d? compared to all the old ND games which is 2d. I really hope not, sherlock holmes recently went pure 3d (nausea inducing) and I really want to preorder this game as I love ND games but not if I won't be able to play it. I can't really see from trailer as the only gameplay is when they zoom in on something (which is really making me feel dizzy watching it), but I'm really scared they've gone down this road like every other adv game and I really really hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by gingergal View Post
                  Does anyone know if this game is now 3d? compared to all the old ND games which is 2d. I really hope not, sherlock holmes recently went pure 3d (nausea inducing) and I really want to preorder this game as I love ND games but not if I won't be able to play it. I can't really see from trailer as the only gameplay is when they zoom in on something (which is really making me feel dizzy watching it), but I'm really scared they've gone down this road like every other adv game and I really really hope I'm wrong.
                  I think it definitely is going off of the trailer. Majority of the trailer seemed to be one location with numerous areas. I still think it'll be point and click though so while it will be 3D i don't think it will be as nauseating.

We'll have to see when the game comes out though or if the next trailer is more revealing.
                  •*¨¯¨*•¸THE GHOST OF THORNTON HALL¸•*¨¯¨*•
                  ´`´`•.,¸_¸,.•´`•.,¸_¸,.•´*•*•* •*`•.,¸_¸,.•´`•.,¸_¸,.•´`´`
                  SOME FAMILIES KEEP
                  `•.,¸_¸,.•´DEADLY SECRETS`•.,¸_¸,.•´
                  MAY 14TH, 2013
                  `•.,¸_¸,.•´

Arizona Shadows: A SHA AE

Comment

hmm?

Ok the changing then re-changing of the page is starting to confuse me bit. It just seems the Dev's and Marketing are not talking to each other now, and things get added in then changed because misinformation. I want to like this game I want more games, just kind of a bit worried now. We didn't have this much info contradiction on the old games did we?

Comment

I have no idea what to think anymore. I've been checking the game's page every day for the last couple of weeks, and the "game features" section definitely changed more than once within the last few days. I would like to think that it's because things are being clarified to whoever manages that page, but why so many changes so soon? It made more sense between the original description, the updated one when the first huge delay came this past May, and then the one prior to this latest one, since I am honestly not sure I believe the game really existed in any substantial form until this spring at the earliest. Still, for months there was mention of solving Ruth Hathorne's puzzles, and now there is no mention of her at all.

The whole "multiple endings" thing being taken down, too, is pretty suspicious. That feature just went up before right before October 1st. Was it a stretched truth that was supposed to attract people and marketing backed down because we were all specifically talking about it so much? All I know is that it makes me increasingly suspicious that this game is going through more than minor "tweaks and polishing" and that we won't be playing it come December 3rd.

Also, is it just me, or does the game description look like it is has been slightly modified in the last few days? I've read it so many times I could just be imagining things, but I feel like there were some minor tweaks.

Comment

Originally posted by megatroll2590 View Post
                        Ok the changing then re-changing of the page is starting to confuse me bit. It just seems the Dev's and Marketing are not talking to each other now, and things get added in then changed because misinformation. I want to like this game I want more games, just kind of a bit worried now. We didn't have this much info contradiction on the old games did we?
                        This is why I feel like I don’t know what the plot is anymore. I like that there are more characters but they keep changing the story slightly and I’ve given up on trying to figure it out until/if MID comes out. Also makes it difficult to talk about new info when everyone is seeing different variations of the sales page day to day (which is being done without notice).
                        Case Closed!:
                        SCK2, STFD, MHM, TRT, FIN, SSH, DOG, CAR, DDI, SHA, CUR, CLK, TRN, DAN, CRE, ICE, CRY, VEN, HAU, RAN, WAC, TOT, SAW, CAP, ASH, TMB, DED, GTH, SPY, MED, LIE, SEA.

Currently anticipating: ND #33: Midnight in Salem!

Comment

From the Amateur Sleuth Blog comments section:

October 4, 2019 at 6:25 am
                          Hey LJ, I have a question about the game stats. The games features say that we get to meet and interact with all 11 characters, but only 10 characters have been introduced. Is there a secret character we haven’t learned about yet?

Little Jackalope says:
                          October 15, 2019 at 4:33 pm
                          Yes, there is another animated character we haven’t shown, and at least three non-animated character. 😉

That totals to 14 characters in the game.
                          ~~ LadyLinda ~~ ------NYC -

Knowledge is knowing a is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Some cause happiness wherever they go. Others whenever they go.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most . . . . . Mark Twain

LINKS...ND20+ Easter Eggs & Glitchs...CAP Phone Charms...ND Game Extras...TMB Phone Charms

Comment

Originally posted by LadyLinda View Post
                            From the Amateur Sleuth Blog comments section:

October 4, 2019 at 6:25 am
                            Hey LJ, I have a question about the game stats. The games features say that we get to meet and interact with all 11 characters, but only 10 characters have been introduced. Is there a secret character we haven’t learned about yet?

Little Jackalope says:
                            Yes, there is another animated character we haven’t shown, and at least three non-animated character. 😉

Sounds exciting!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyLinda View Post
                              Little Jackalope says:

I hope its not Ned...….or maybe I do. I can't decide.
                              "One True Friend to all who are frightened or lost,
                              Whether great or small never factor the cost,
                              Catch the tears that fall and melt the frost,
                              Leave no bridge uncrossed...….

One True Friend who'll stay, though all others may run,
                              keep the wolves at bay till the battle is won,
                              Fill the darkest day with blessed sun,
                              If you need someone.
                              ...He will be One True Friend"

Merry Christmas to all, and never forget the reason for the season!

Comment

Working...
                              X