no physical copies for Mac?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no physical copies for Mac?

I was just scrolling through the Amateur Sleuth blog, and it seems like there aren't going to be any physical cd-roms for Mac. Does anyone know either if this is true or why they're doing this?
    Omg, where on earth have I been? I'm sorry I've been away from these boards forever. Life caught up with me.

BUT I'M BACK :D

Hello everyone.
    Purple in the houseeeee.

Not sure if its true but if they aren't making them, its probably because not enough people have purchased their mac cds in the past in order to make it worth it for them now. They probably have to make/order bulk and don't want to end up with a bunch of leftover physical inventory.
    I would assume this is part of the reason they have sales on different games all the time, trying to get rid of physical stock of older games - costs money to store a bunch of inventory that isn't selling. They have sold out of physical copies of certain games already and are only offering digital downloads (ie all the games before Captive Curse as well as some of the more popular newer games like Lost Queen, Thornton Hall and Silent Spy).
    Case Closed!:
    SCK2, STFD, MHM, TRT, FIN, SSH, DOG, CAR, DDI, SHA, CUR, CLK, TRN, DAN, CRE, ICE, CRY, VEN, HAU, RAN, WAC, TOT, SAW, CAP, ASH, TMB, DED, GTH, SPY, MED, LIE, SEA.

Currently anticipating: ND #33: Midnight in Salem!

Comment

I was not aware of this. I was planning on physically ordering for mac. I don't see what the issue is now as it has never been a problem previously. This is extremely disappointing if true. I have never liked the more recent policy towards digital orders that HeR has used. They really need to remove the "MAC Physical Copy" button from the game page if this is true. Really disappointed right now.
      •*¨¯¨*•¸THE GHOST OF THORNTON HALL¸•*¨¯¨*•
      ´`´`•.,¸_¸,.•´`•.,¸_¸,.•´*•*•* •*`•.,¸_¸,.•´`•.,¸_¸,.•´`´`
      SOME FAMILIES KEEP
      `•.,¸_¸,.•´DEADLY SECRETS`•.,¸_¸,.•´
      MAY 14TH, 2013
      `•.,¸_¸,.•´

Arizona Shadows: A SHA AE

Comment

They could possibly have some for the MID preorder but I haven’t seen anything about that. I’ve seen “10,000” physical copies for preorders/until they run out but I was of the impression that was for pc, though that could be pc/Mac combined? Not too sure and not sure anyone will be able to get a good answer about it from HER.
        Case Closed!:
        SCK2, STFD, MHM, TRT, FIN, SSH, DOG, CAR, DDI, SHA, CUR, CLK, TRN, DAN, CRE, ICE, CRY, VEN, HAU, RAN, WAC, TOT, SAW, CAP, ASH, TMB, DED, GTH, SPY, MED, LIE, SEA.

Currently anticipating: ND #33: Midnight in Salem!

Comment

Originally posted by Tophat View Post
          They could possibly have some for the MID preorder but I haven’t seen anything about that. I’ve seen “10,000” physical copies for preorders/until they run out but I was of the impression that was for pc, though that could be pc/Mac combined? Not too sure and not sure anyone will be able to get a good answer about it from HER.
          HeR confirmed on Facebook today that there will be no physical copies of MID for Mac and have now removed the option from the MID game page.

I'm extremely disappointed honestly. And once again we find this out super close to preorders. And they likely wouldn't have said anything had it not been brought up. Extremely bummed cause now I have to buy two copies cause I do still want a physical.
          SOME FAMILIES KEEP
          MAY 14TH, 2013
          `•.,¸_¸,.•´

Comment

Originally posted by Darlin View Post
            HeR confirmed on Facebook today that there will be no physical copies of MID for Mac and have now removed the option from the MID game page.

I'm extremely disappointed honestly. And once again we find this out super close to preorders. And they likely wouldn't have said anything had it not been brought up. Extremely bummed cause now I have to buy two copies cause I do still want a physical.
            I was super upset when I found out about this. I have every single ND game in physical form and I am really bummed that I won't be able to continue my collection unless I either buy both a physical copy and a digital download, or buy another laptop to just play ND games on... both of which seems kind of silly but I might just try to find a cheap old secondhand laptop just to do it.
            I have never actually played any of my games on my Mac because I got it a couple years ago. I tried Wineskin but honestly it seems like more of a hassle than it's worth and I couldn't really get my game to play without being extremely laggy.
            Disappointing either way
            -Audrey

Comment

This seems so odd because all of the other physical copies are for both Mac and PC. That's mostly why I like to purchase them that way. That and because their redownload policy is so awful.
              Life brings tears, smiles, and memories.
              The tears dry, and the smiles fade,
              but the memories last forever.

Comment

New MacBooks are being made without a drive to input a disk (mine is several years old and doesn't even have one). If there were a physical copy, it would only be usable with an older Mac at this point.
                How much better to get
                ……wisdom than gold,¸•*¨¯¨*•¸
                …………………….¸•*¨¯¨*•¸..*•-»....)}
                ……………………{(.....«·¸.`•.,¸_¸,.•´to get insight
                Proverbs 16:16……. `•.,¸¸,.´'
                rather than silver!

My 2016 reviews:
                |TMB|

Comment

Originally posted by Football_Chick View Post
                  New MacBooks are being made without a drive to input a disk (mine is several years old and doesn't even have one). If there were a physical copy, it would only be usable with an older Mac at this point.
                  Right, or with a flashdrive from another computer.
                  Life brings tears, smiles, and memories.
                  The tears dry, and the smiles fade,
                  but the memories last forever.

Comment

Is it still the case that when you do the downloaded copy that after a certain amount of time you can no longer access the download file on herinteractive? I remember I did the download for two games and I couldn't redownload them to my computer after I had it wiped some time later. I find this to be extremely annoying since we do pay for this we should be able to go back and reaccess our files or have a code to redownload some how. If this is still the case maybe I'll just get the physical copy for Windows and hope it works on my husband's windows. Who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by kobes18 View Post
                      Is it still the case that when you do the downloaded copy that after a certain amount of time you can no longer access the download file on herinteractive? I remember I did the download for two games and I couldn't redownload them to my computer after I had it wiped some time later. I find this to be extremely annoying since we do pay for this we should be able to go back and reaccess our files or have a code to redownload some how. If this is still the case maybe I'll just get the physical copy for Windows and hope it works on my husband's windows. Who knows.
                      When I placed my order for a physical copy today, I had to remove the "buy extended download service" option that was there by default. Thus it would appear that this poor policy in regards to downloads is still in place.

This is why I would never buy a digital download from them and have always gone the physical-copy route when I ordered.

Comment

Originally posted by Tedbear2 View Post
                        When I placed my order for a physical copy today, I had to remove the "buy extended download service" option that was there by default. Thus it would appear that this poor policy in regards to downloads is still in place.

This is why I would never buy a digital download from them and have always gone the physical-copy route when I ordered.

Ah yes that would kinda signify that policy is still in place, it's really a shame they do this. Thanks for the heads up!! I guess I'll be going to the physical route for Windows, and hoping it works haha!

Comment

Originally posted by kobes18 View Post
                          Yup. You have only 30 days if you don't get the Extended Download.
                          SOME FAMILIES KEEP
                          MAY 14TH, 2013
                          `•.,¸_¸,.•´

Comment

Working...
                          X