Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Petition for a Refund for all Mac Users/Make the Game Work!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition for a Refund for all Mac Users/Make the Game Work!

My opinions about the graphics, changes, new Nancy character, etc., aside, I would like other Mac users to like/comment on this post in order to either a) receive a refund or b) be promised a re-release with a version that works for Macs. We are all aware that this game is not able to be played using a Mac; we were basically mislead when we chose to purchase the mac version for the digital download because it is blatantly not compatible with Mac. You cannot move around or navigate as the game instructs you to. I'm asking HerInteractive to please make this game actually compatible with Mac, or HerInteractive should do the right thing and refund us for a game that does not work. The game should fully work from the get-go. Better yet, remake this game all together in the old style, but back to the main reason I posted this- it's simply not fair to pay for something that is not what it says it is.

Missing old Nancy so much :(
    Last edited by rachelmoe25; December 3, 2019, 06:35 PM.

I downloaded it from the Mac App Store and have no problems getting it to work.

Comment

I just beat the game with a Macbook pro and had no technical issues, errors, or crashing. It's difficult to use the "drag" navigation on a trackpad, but I managed eventually and got the hang of it. Plugging in a mouse would be an easy fix.

I'm really sorry you're not able to play and I hope they get it sorted for you soon! :(
      karina`

Comment

I have a brand new macbook air and this game is in NO WAY compatible with it. Moving around with the trackpad is horrendous and the speed is extremely slow. I don't know if this is mac specific but the game is horrible.

Comment

I have tried everything I possibly can to get this game to work on my MacBook Air. Mine just shows a black screen, I can hear the intro music and "dare to play" but can see and do nothing... Then, it crashes and kicks me out. I've NEVER had a problem before. I emailed customer service to hopefully get some insight. Until then I'm so disappointed.

Comment

100% agree, they lied - the Mac version is not fully compatible.

I'm using an older MacBook Air (2017) i had a horrible experience with this game the graphics and sound were horrible no matter what settings i used. i got so frustrated because I couldn't use the touchpad; that I plugged in a USB external mouse that I happened to have laying around my house and still continued to have issues with navigation. If I had purchased a physical copy of this game I would have returned it, but alas we can only purchase the digital version.. event worse I have a windows laptop as well, but I would have to repurchase the game to load it on to that computer to see if i have a better experience.

I loved the old way of interactive with this game; i could easily take my MacBook with me on road trips with my husband in his big rig and play my ND games; now I'm not going to be able to do that because I will have to have a mouse and I just found that with the last upgrade to the Mac OS the previous ND games are no longer compatible can not be played; I got an error message for #29, #28, #30, #31, & #32 that they could not longer be played on my device because the software was outdated and not compatible with the latest version of my OS...

Comment

I’d definitely sign it, I’m SO ANGRY... these controls are so clearly not meant for MacBook users. I can’t “look around” (which, why do we need to anyway??? Besides during the long drawn out dialogue when you can’t do literally anything else...) and rotating objects is a joke. It takes literally MINUTES at a time just to rotate an object. It’s beyond frustrating and honestly a complete waste of time and money.
              Last edited by hedgie; December 5, 2019, 06:29 AM. Reason: Mod's Note: Your anger is clear, but unacceptable language is not tolerated on these boards. Be careful in the future so your posts are not deleted. Post edited.

Comment

Any other Mac users have problems with picking the lock with the paperclip because the entire screen turns black? At first, I truly thought this was a puzzle to be solved in the dark (a la that tricky puzzle from Danger in Design), because the sound and instructions were all there. My computer didn't crash, because I am still able to exit out of the puzzle and explore other areas/do other things in the game. However, I cannot solve the lock puzzle (even when clicking in the correct places on the screen). Very frustrating! I've reached out to HER, but wanted to see if any Mac users experienced this/found other ways around this? I'm basically unable to play the game because of this glitch. All I wanted to do was play this game, and because of the new technology I can't. I even purchased the game for Windows, but the game won't even load on my Windows computer...so I'm completely out of luck. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one with this issue, but hope HerInteractive can fix this soon!!!
                Tess and Brynn strike again!!! engulf that bittssss

Comment

While I could play the game in my Mac desktop it was cumbersome and unwieldy. The graphics are terrible. In order to turn items, I had to hold the right side of the mouse and literally drag my mouse across the entire length of my desk, it took long minutes to turn one piece of paper. The characters appeared to be floating in mid air, with a lot of unnecessary movement. It’s like the designers didn’t know what to do with the arms so they just flail about. The puzzles were almost non-existent. The game seemed more task oriented. The dialogue was long and boring and preachy. I ended up clicking so I could get through it quickly. I would love my money back. What a waste.

Comment

To DetectiveDrew24, I had the exact same problem with the lock puzzle. As far as I can tell it's because the game requires 3 GHz of Intel Core capability for Mac users. It sucks that the game is still playable all up until the lockpicking puzzle and without picking the lock the plot can't progress. I wish that HerInt would release an alternate version, or even troubleshoot suggestions, for mac users who are experiencing this problem. I would've been happy with the old system if only to be able to play the games I've loved since I was little.

Comment

Originally posted by kgill93 View Post
                      I have tried everything I possibly can to get this game to work on my MacBook Air. Mine just shows a black screen, I can hear the intro music and "dare to play" but can see and do nothing... Then, it crashes and kicks me out. I've NEVER had a problem before. I emailed customer service to hopefully get some insight. Until then I'm so disappointed.
                      I had the same issue. Found out my mac runs @ 2.66 GHZ and needs to run @ 3.00. I have 3 computers and none run @ 3.00 GHZ! :( I guess I won't be able to play this game...

Comment

I had the same issue with the screen turning black at that puzzle. I took the advice of another player in one of the threads here, and found a video tutorial on that section, then followed it blind. For me, the puzzle flashes briefly on the screen before it goes black. This was helpful as I could get a general idea of where each tumbler was. But yes, I compared notes with my sister who is playing on a PC and she said she is NOT having that black-screen issue.

Comment

Originally posted by kgill93 View Post

I am having the same issue! I can't even play, it just takes me to a black screen and I hear "dare to play". I have tried everything :(

Comment

I bought the game and now it won't even download on to my MacBook Pro (2012), I've played all the new games on this computer and never had a problem. It literally just says "verifying" but it's doing nothing. What a waste. Waited years for a game that i can't even see. I want a refund
                            you said you were
                            afraid to lose me
                            and then you
                            faced your fears
                            and left

m.t

Comment

I'm signing this too. Had issues on my MacBook Air, even tho system requirements were suppose to have been met. Contacted tech support, but they haven't gotten back to me. If they don't give us a refund, then they are, effectively, stealing from us! Has anyone had any luck with getting a refund?

Comment

Working...
                              X