Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Petition for a Refund for all Mac Users/Make the Game Work!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a MacBook Air and I purchased the game from the AppStore. I'm using a mouse so it's easier to play, but I reached the part in the game where you have to pick the judge's lock and the screen goes completely black! This game is glitching out!

Comment

I'm experiencing the exact same blank screen issues and I'm running on the minimum requirement of 10.11 El Capitan, but realized that having 2.4 GHZ must be the reason it's not working properly. I'm upset that I made the mistake of buying this and disappointed that Nancy Drew has changed in many ways.

Comment

Originally posted by TraveltheWorld View Post
        I'm signing this too. Had issues on my MacBook Air, even tho system requirements were suppose to have been met. Contacted tech support, but they haven't gotten back to me. If they don't give us a refund, then they are, effectively, stealing from us! Has anyone had any luck with getting a refund?
        You could try twitter I see them responding to a lot of people that way. The most common response to people who get as far as the black screen is Her saying to try to lower the in game ?resolution? But you’d have to be able to open the game in order to do that?
        you said you were
        afraid to lose me
        and then you
        faced your fears
        and left

m.t

Comment

It's not working for me either. It just plays the bells and the dare to play thing, black screen and then stops then the mouse turns into the big white mouse and it kicks me out. Has anyone figured out how to fix this?
          ..·¨¯¨·.
          (..ك·´....·´¯`·.
          .`·.¸_¸.·´.........))
          .................¸.·´
          ..............((..............·´¯`·àد
          .................`·.¸_¸.·´
          It's locked.

Comment

I cannot speak to any Mac control issues however in regards to the graphics and black screen issues.

https://community.herinteractive.com...e-requirements

This is a post I made breaking down the system requirements of MID and why it is way harder to run compared to previous games like SEA. It also has tips to improve performance.

I did a quick search of the latest model of the Macbook air (I have not kept up with macs so I am not sure how much they have changed the past few years). Taking a look, they are made to surf the web and watch videos etc. They do not have a dedicated graphics card because they emphasize portability and battery life.

I suspect that the issues here are due to having computer below the minimum specs although I cannot confirm without seeing an official spec list from a particular computer. This is the first ND game in history to use graphics that are generated live right as you play. This is how most games work. All other ND games up to this point have used pre-generated graphics.

In general, Macbook airs are not made for games because they struggle to generate these graphics due to using a type of Intel Graphics Chip (See my post above for an explanation) and using a slower processor to save battery and make it a light portable laptop.

Just remember that minimum specs for a game mean minimum - not ideal. My old laptop had the same issue so I get your frustration! In general, if you want to run a game you need to meet or beat the minimum specs listed. If you want to run a game and make it look good you need to go above and beyond the minimum specs (some games will even recommend what you need to play on "high settings" for example).

Hope this explanation makes sense. Please feel free to post on the tech support forum with your spec list and what issues you are experiencing and us fellow sleuths can help out more specifically. :)
            Last edited by thecluecrew; December 8, 2019, 07:14 PM.
            The Silent Spy

a review

Comment

I have a 2018 MBP and it honestly never occurred to me that it wouldn't be powerful enough to run this game! I got past the startup problem and black screen by going into the settings and reducing the graphics to medium quality. Still, this game has been so disappointing so far. Very boring with all the dialog and very few puzzles to solve. The "self-guided" tour was almost impossible because the ipad did not show the list of places to visit. I had to rely on the user guide, which kinda defeats the whole point. I would be willing to try this game on a PC, but my old Windows laptop probably won't run these graphics either. Very disappointed.

Comment

I'm glad I'm not the only one having issues. There is a major lag and I'm stuck in the beginning on the witch/ghost tour because I can't view the landmark list. I've written in to support and requested the PC version...

Comment

I purchased this game in great anticipation. The graphics are ridiculously archaic and any form of navigating through the game is awful. You can see that the platform just barely supports Mac. Why release this to Mac when it's a shell of it's former glory. I have loved these games over the year and the previous games that supported Mac were wonderful. I truly hope that a patch is created so allow Mac users to enjoy this game as we have in the past. This is a joke...right? I would like my money back.

Comment

Luckily I have to have a super duper Mac for my business, so I did not experience the issues with lag and so-on, but navigating isn't working. I can't get past the room so far, as it does not recognize a Right Click on my trackpad or mouse. I may need to purchase a USB mouse and see if that works for navigation. I was surprised at the issue, as I've played nearly all the games with a trackpad.

Comment

I have a new Mac and cannot download any of my boxed games. The only one I can play is Midnight in Salem because I bought the download version. It would be nice if you could just get a free download of any game you have already paid for. I would be very happy with that. I really just want to replay some old games

Comment

I honestly felt like I would break my Mac trackpad if I played this game- it was impossible to play so I called customer support and they gave me a refund.

Comment

Working...
                        X