Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case Closed- Review #23

Hello and welcome to Case Closed!

Plot: Bess Marvin won a five-day vacation in the Bahamas and invited Nancy Drew and George Fayne to go with her. Before Nancy arrives at the resort, Bess is kidnapped, and the only way to save her is to solve a 300-year-old Bahamian mystery. Dangerous waters keep treasure hunters from exploring the reefs around Dread Isle, but this remote island might hide the riches of El Toro's lost fleet of seven ships. Can Nancy track down the treasure before time runs out? Which makes me give it a 10/10 for a perfect plot!

Characters: In this game, there are four main characters, with one being very minimal. George Fayne, one of Nancy's best friends. Johnny Rolle, a Jamaican beach bum stuck on the island, Bess Marvin, nancy's other best friend who is kidnapped, and Coucou, a hint giving bird cousin of Loulou from CUR. There are also some monkeys you can play with on this island, and The Gibsons who own the resort, but are not shown. Character development was very disappointing, but still managed to satisfy me at the same time. I just expected there should be more people on a beach resort, you know? But I really did like George, and Johnny was okay. So it wasn't that bad, but wasn't amazing either. Which makes me give it a 5/10 for mediocre character development.

Scare Factor: This game's scare factor is low. There weren't really that many suspenseful moments at all and the excitement factor was low and there was no scare whatsoever. However, one day George mentions something that did give me a adrenaline feeling that I wasn't alone! Which makes me give it a 5/10 for a low scare factor!

Setting: The setting in this game is great! What could be better than a nice island resort near the Carribean! It was beautiful. While a lot of the transportation was done in third person (some walking, golf cart driving, diving, sailing) I loved the first person parts too! There were a good amount of places to visit, and the island never felt small. However, my only wish is that the resort part where George was were bigger. It could have had more area to explore outside. But otherwise, setting is perfect! Which makes me give it a 10/10 for a perfect setting!

Length: For this game, It was a nice length. Pretty long in fact, and if you've played WAC it was similar to that. I think the reason it was so long was because of all the sailing and driving you had to do to get around the island, which was a little bit filler. It did seem like it dragged on a little bit, but I found myself anxious to get on the computer and play it, which truly makes a nancy drew game good! Which make me give it a 10/10 for a perfect length.

Music: The music in RAN was great! I found myself humming the happy, tropical tunes! They were very uplifting, and their wasn't that much serious music, which I found strange considering we are looking for a kidnapped person! But, very enjoyable still! Which makes me give it a 10/10 for perfect music.

Puzzles: This game has a good amount of puzzles. Most of them were hard, and I usually had a walk-through and the Herinteractive site up at all times. It is quite a challenge to do with no help, but it's not impossible. In some games, the hard puzzles make you want to quit, but in this game, they made me want to play even more! It was a challenge, but trust me, it's worth it in the end. Which makes me give it a 9/10 for great puzzles!

Graphics: This game was fairly new, so the graphics were great as always. My only complaint is the people. The animals looked spot on, but the people looked funny. But the scenery was absolutely beautiful! WOW! The ocean looked nice, the sand was well done, and everything just made me feel island vibes, it felt so real, I could almost feel the breeze. Great job Herinteractive! Which makes me give it a 10/10 for perfect graphics.

Overall, this game has......

~A Perfect Plot
    ~Mediocre Character Development
    ~A Low Scare Factor
    ~A Perfect Setting
    ~A Perfect Length
    ~Perfect Music
    ~Great Puzzles
    ~Perfect Graphics

Overall this game is an 8.6/10! Hope you enjoy this game!
    Last edited by Nancydrewgirl03; October 13, 2014, 11:20 AM.
    dαrє tσ plαч
Working...
X