Sail the Seven Seas for a Great Game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sail the Seven Seas for a Great Game!

Hey everyone! I just finished the game, so I'll just start writing a review.
    earthgirl09 Presents...
    Sail the Seven Seas for a Great Game!
    /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

The Good
    • There were lots of different places to explore, each one an important place where we had to return for more clues.
    • The plot was very interesting! I mean, a kidnapping not all to great. But once heard that both Bess and George would be seen, it was just to great!
    • This game is very extensive. I just finished, so I don't know how long it really takes to solve. But you will keep trying; I know I did.
    • The scenery was great! The swaying of the palm trees, the flow of the ocean, the way it glistened....it really was the Bahamas! And the water. I know people said it looked like jello, but it looks just like Bahama water.
    • There were lots of different modes of transportation.
    • The culprit was really smart, just like he/she said in the ending.
    • All of the characters looked so real, just like the rest of the island.
    • The ending is not like that of Secret of the Old Clock.
    • The culprit was not who I thought it would be. Really random!
    • The music was very happy and "islandy."
    The Bad
    • Only two characters. Should be easy to figure out who it is. Or could it...
    • There were a couple of puzzles in the game that were just so hard. They had no meaning to be THAT difficult. But, you will get over it.
    • The ending was really short.
    • Adding third person into the game made the game just plain old SAD.
    The Fun!
    • We got to play games with monkeys at the primate center. There were three different games, and if you won, you got a prize! And, the monkeys stole things. So, if we had to get it back.....we had to play a game!
    • We got to do more fun here than in Hawaii (Creature of Kapu Cave), including scuba diving, driving, sailing, and playing.
    Improvements I Would Make
    • When sailing, I wouldn't want a third person view. I would request a view like that when we were kayaking on Danger on Deception Island. Same for driving.
    • More people?
    The Embarassing Moment
    In this game, when digging for stuff at Shark Cove, I forgot all about right clicking.

The End
    Land ahead, everyone! Thank you for going on Veronica's Visits. Now, if we could all get in an orderly line, I can tell you the results.
    This game is for everyone who's anyone! It is nothing like Hawaii. Think Bahama, mama! Okay. I have made a final rating. This game is so great, it deserves a 9/10.

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Should I get this game?
    Like many other people, I recommend every Nancy game, whether it's a part of the series or the Dossier series. So yes, I would say get this game.
    2. I see you rate these games now. Are you going to keep doing it?
    Yah. It gives others a better idea of the game.
    3. If I ask a question, will it appear on this board?
    No. You're only asking a curious question about the writer's experience of the game.
    4. Why don't you rate every good and bad point?
    Because I don't like calculating the average.

Thanks for sailing the seven seas with me! Feedback is wanted!
    earthgirl09
    Last edited by earthgirl09; September 4, 2009, 04:04 PM.
    Reviews!
    SCK STFD MHM TRT FIN SSH DOG CAR DDI SHA CUR CLO TRN DAN CRE ICE CRY VEN HAU RAN

With just a little bit of faith,
    I can move a mountain.

Wonderful reveiw! I agreed with you about pretty much everything! So glad to see you finished the game...that was a lot of progress you made in one day! Reps!
    It's Locked!

Happy Easter Everyone!!

Comment

I know it's great. Now that you said so. And I wouldn't be able to do all that progress without you, westielover.
      Reviews!
      SCK STFD MHM TRT FIN SSH DOG CAR DDI SHA CUR CLO TRN DAN CRE ICE CRY VEN HAU RAN

With just a little bit of faith,
      I can move a mountain.

Comment

Very nice review. You did a fine job commenting on all aspects of the game. Your pros and cons were right on. I enjoyed playing but had a few issues with a few difficult puzzles. I did not like the third person gameplay very much. I think that should be phased out for the most part in ND games. If it advances the game, it's good. If it becomes too tedious, it isn't fun anymore...Thank you for taking the time to put down your thoughts! Great Job!

Some of my favorites:

Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake
        Danger on Deception Island
        Secret of Shadow Ranch
        Curse of Blackmoor Manor
        Treasure in the Royal Tower
        Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon
        The White Wolf of Icicle Creek
        Legend of the Crystal Skull
        The Phantom of Venice
        The Haunting of Castle Malloy
        Warnings at Waverly Acadamy