Hourglass, possibly bugged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hourglass, possibly bugged?

I've been trying for hours (ha) to get the hourglass puzzle to work. I wound up looking up the timing and was surprised to see I technically had it right. But since it wasn't working I was obviously doing it wrong. So I watched some YouTube videos...and my puzzle just isn't working the way theirs is.

So what's happening with me is that I die as soon as I click the 7th hourglass. I had assumed that's just what happens when the timing is wrong and was frustrated I couldn't see the sand play out help see which glass was off. But videos show others getting to try again if they screw up, certainly seeing the time play all the way out, and my timing is at LEAST as close as some of the ones I am seeing succeed. Yes, I checked they were playing on senior.

It's almost looking like my game is somehow bugged to show the lose animation instead of the win? It's happening in the same timing trigger as others are getting the door opening. Has anyone heard of anything like that happening?

Did you
    pick up the key first?
    The reason I ask is that the puzzle disappears afterward, and you wouldn't have a chance to get it again, so maybe it is keeping you from solving it until you do?
    Stay Tuned for Danger- Lights, Camera,CURSES! - MIDNIGHT IN SALEM

find out what I think of these games, and 30 others,
    here.

Comment

That's a good thought, but I did grab it first.

I made a video of me doing the puzzle with a countdown showing my timing. By all accounts, this should be working. I'm continuing to look into it and will update if I get more info.

***edited***
      Last edited by catsandbooks; August 10, 2020, 12:04 PM. Reason: Outside link removed. Outside links are never allowed and can lead to banning.

Comment

I would contact Tech Support if I were you.
        ¸.•*¨¯¨*ّ¸......catsandbooks
        ((
        ..*•.¸_¸.•*¨¯¨*•.¸.......... A library is not a luxury
        ......¸.•*.....*•.¸_¸))............... but one of the necessities of life!
        ......*•.¸_¸.ّ*¨¯¨*•.¸¸.ّ*¨¯¨*•.¸...¥.¸.ّ*¨¯¨*•.
        .................................H.W. Beecher + ©allas؛•.¸_¸.•؛
        Please follow the rules................................................... ...............Isaiah 40:31
        FAQ and New Member Resources
        [/FONT] Please be sure your signatures follow the Siggie Ruler. ◄ Click here to double check.

Comment

I found a workaround for the bug. The "2nd chance cave dive" auto file was staying at the top despite it not being the most recent puzzle and that was the one I kept using to retry. This put me at the entrance to the cave with the hourglasses rather than on the other side of the caves as I would expect of that second chance file. however, if I loaded the "2nd chance cave Trap" one that put me right at the hourglasses and when doing it from there everything worked.
          Interestingly, I think it WAS related
          to the key
          because that means that autosave should have been before it...but there was definitely not one showing up for some reason.

I hade a video showing the full bug and workaround but I didn't realize I wouldn't be able to post it. It's odd that they left in 3 different ways to upload videos right here in the posting choices in that case.

Comment

Originally posted by zefiewings View Post
            I found a workaround for the bug. The "2nd chance cave dive" auto file was staying at the top despite it not being the most recent puzzle and that was the one I kept using to retry. This put me at the entrance to the cave with the hourglasses rather than on the other side of the caves as I would expect of that second chance file. however, if I loaded the "2nd chance cave Trap" one that put me right at the hourglasses and when doing it from there everything worked.
            Interestingly, I think it WAS related
            to the key
            because that means that autosave should have been before it...but there was definitely not one showing up for some reason.

I hade a video showing the full bug and workaround but I didn't realize I wouldn't be able to post it. It's odd that they left in 3 different ways to upload videos right here in the posting choices in that case.
            That's great! It has always been in the rules that outside links are not allowed, but the changes in the board seems to have messed up some of the limits that were there before. But the rules override what the board allows members to do. Thank for understanding.
            ((
            Please follow the rules................................................... ...............Isaiah 40:31
            [/FONT] Please be sure your signatures follow the Siggie Ruler. ◄ Click here to double check.

Comment

Originally posted by catsandbooks View Post

That's great! It has always been in the rules that outside links are not allowed, but the changes in the board seems to have messed up some of the limits that were there before. But the rules override what the board allows members to do. Thank for understanding.
              Of course! I'm was just sad having unintentionally broken the rules. I knew way back when I signed up you couldn't do links and stuff but since so much has changed since then I thought maybe it was different now when I saw the option. Thank you for removing it for me.

Even though I found a workaround, is there somewhere I should log the bug or anything? I can't imagine they are still making patches...at least hopefully this will come up in a search for someone if they are having the same problem.

Also, how do I mark this thread as resolved? Is that a thing we still do? (It's been a LONG time lol)

Comment

Originally posted by zefiewings View Post

Of course! I'm was just sad having unintentionally broken the rules. I knew way back when I signed up you couldn't do links and stuff but since so much has changed since then I thought maybe it was different now when I saw the option. Thank you for removing it for me.

Even though I found a workaround, is there somewhere I should log the bug or anything? I can't imagine they are still making patches...at least hopefully this will come up in a search for someone if they are having the same problem.

Also, how do I mark this thread as resolved? Is that a thing we still do? (It's been a LONG time lol)
                No, it doesn't sound like it was a bug. No, don't worry about marking it as resolved. If someone posts a question and then solves it before anyone can answer a mod will close it, but otherwise we trust people to read all the posts and see that you have solved it.
                ((

Comment

Well, it was definitely a bug since I just double-checked and
                  the key wasn't there.

so either the load was after I got it or it was before but it wasn't showing up for some reason.

Either way, I'll just be happy I found a way around and leave it there.

Comment

Working...
                  X