• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • androgenius
    Amateur Sleuth
    • May 2015

Dinghy Won't Start

I have both the Iceland book and the pamphlet in my possession and have read both (in the case of the book, front to back). I know that I need to go out to the lighthouse, and I've followed the instructions as to the spark plug solution to the letter (which I know, because I finally opened the solution prompt after fixing it did nothing). It will not start. Is there something I have to do prior to the motor starting? Is there a key I need to insert somewhere, a plug I need to pull? Something in advance/after I've put everything in order? I've tried doing this at both high and low tide and it won't start in either setting. Any help/advice would be appreciated!
  • catsandbooks
    Super Moderator
    Nancy Drew’s Protégé
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by androgenius View Post
    I have both the Iceland book and the pamphlet in my possession and have read both (in the case of the book, front to back). I know that I need to go out to the lighthouse, and I've followed the instructions as to the spark plug solution to the letter (which I know, because I finally opened the solution prompt after fixing it did nothing). It will not start. Is there something I have to do prior to the motor starting? Is there a key I need to insert somewhere, a plug I need to pull? Something in advance/after I've put everything in order? I've tried doing this at both high and low tide and it won't start in either setting. Any help/advice would be appreciated!
    This has been a problem for several people and this may sound like a stupid question, but are you sure you moved the spark plugs over from the left to the right? Because HER investigated this problem and in every case that was the problem.
    ¸.•*¨¯¨*ّ¸......catsandbooks
    ((
    ..*•.¸_¸.•*¨¯¨*•.¸.......... A library is not a luxury
    ......¸.•*.....*•.¸_¸))............... but one of the necessities of life!
    ......*•.¸_¸.ّ*¨¯¨*•.¸¸.ّ*¨¯¨*•.¸...¥.¸.ّ*¨¯¨*•.
    .................................H.W. Beecher + ©allas؛•.¸_¸.•؛
    Please follow the rules................................................... ...............Isaiah 40:31
    FAQ and New Member Resources
    [/FONT] Please be sure your signatures follow the Siggie Ruler. ◄ Click here to double check.

Comment

• daretoPLAY x0
      Amateur Sleuth
      • Jul 2008

I'd double check for the puzzle to be extra sure but as far as going to the lighthouse. I know first you see Gunnar going there and Nancy makes a comment but I don't believe you can actually go there until prompted by another character as well. If I remember right you don't need anything else aside from fixing the engine, tide won't play a factor until you actually get over there and Nancy makes a comment.

Not sure if you want spoilers as to who but I can do that too if you'd like?
      Jaxers
      Questions, Concerns:

Officially a graduate! Oh my - this means I'm actually an adult now...
      Talking about writing when I should actually be writing
      Can someone please tell my dog that the thunder outside will not hurt him?
      '70s ND/HB will always be ah-ma-zing
      Deciding whether or not to attempt an ND marathon
      Being an adult requires money - Why?
      Work...Work..Work..Work...
      Speaking of which, full time employment would be nice!
      Need Advil for my headache... too lazy to move
      Coffee sounds really good right about now
      Or maybe I should go to the gym?
      I should stop...

Maybe we'll chat soon?

Comment

• androgenius
        Amateur Sleuth
        • May 2015

Originally posted by catsandbooks View Post
        This has been a problem for several people and this may sound like a stupid question, but are you sure you moved the spark plugs over from the left to the right? Because HER investigated this problem and in every case that was the problem.
        Wait. This could be it. What do you mean by moving them over from the left to the right?

***merged***

Originally posted by daretoPLAY x0 View Post
        I'd double check for the puzzle to be extra sure but as far as going to the lighthouse. I know first you see Gunnar going there and Nancy makes a comment but I don't believe you can actually go there until prompted by another character as well. If I remember right you don't need anything else aside from fixing the engine, tide won't play a factor until you actually get over there and Nancy makes a comment.

Not sure if you want spoilers as to who but I can do that too if you'd like?
        Jaxers
        I've seen Gunnar leaving to go find the treasure on his dinghy. As for the character, I assume you're talking about Alex?

***merged***

Originally posted by catsandbooks View Post
        I FIGURED IT OUT oh my thank god you've been the greatest help
        Last edited by catsandbooks; May 16, 2015, 11:50 AM. Reason: Merged to remove double posting spam

Comment

• gerardar1322
          Amateur Sleuth
          • Jul 2020

How did you figure it out? I have the exact same problem and what is meant by moving from left to right?

Thank you, I am so frustrated :(

Please do not ask your question on another member's post. It is against the rules and can get confusing. Please update your thread and I will be happy to answer your question. Thank you.
          Last edited by catsandbooks; July 20, 2020, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X