stuck on gears puzzle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stuck on gears puzzle

Please help! I'm stuck on the gears puzzle. I believe I have all of the gears however it won't do anything after I have put all the gears in! Do i still need more gears? When I go back to the places that I got the gears, it won't do anything. What am I doing wrong? What am I missing? Spoilers welcome!

There are five gears to find.
    Langspil
    -- star

Crow’s nest
    -- wooden

Elisabet
    -- gear

Gunnar’s coaster
    -- green

Dagny and then the figurehead
    -- Lion’s head coin
    ¸.•*¨¯¨*ّ¸......catsandbooks
    ((
    ..*•.¸_¸.•*¨¯¨*•.¸.......... A library is not a luxury
    ......¸.•*.....*•.¸_¸))............... but one of the necessities of life!
    ......*•.¸_¸.ّ*¨¯¨*•.¸¸.ّ*¨¯¨*•.¸...¥.¸.ّ*¨¯¨*•.
    .................................H.W. Beecher + ©allas؛•.¸_¸.•؛
    Please follow the rules................................................... ...............Isaiah 40:31
    FAQ and New Member Resources
    [/FONT] Please be sure your signatures follow the Siggie Ruler. ◄ Click here to double check.

Comment

I think I have all of them. What about the star one? I went to the "item" and not sure if I got it. But it won't let me do anything now.

Comment

Did you go to the original one and solve a puzzle?
        ((
        Please follow the rules................................................... ...............Isaiah 40:31
        [/FONT] Please be sure your signatures follow the Siggie Ruler. ◄ Click here to double check.

Comment

yes, the original one. It seems I can't solve the first one you listed. I can't even get to it. Do I have to do something in the kitchen first? I really didn't understand all those orders.

Comment

The first one meaning the star? That item is one of the instruments. Again, there is a puzzle to solve.
            ((

Comment

but it won't open for me. :(

Comment

Could there be a glitch in my game? I can't get to the star piece.

Comment

Originally posted by koalacat View Post
                  Could there be a glitch in my game? I can't get to the star piece.
                  Please remember to edit posts of double posting. Thank you.

If it won't open then you haven't found the clue so Nancy knows about it. You need to solve the triangle box puzzle in the Captain's Quarters.
                  ((

Comment

Yes, I have solved the triangle puzzle. I have only two things on my task list -
                    - rebuild the mechanical contraption in the hold
                    - Find out what's inside the carved wooden box

When I click on the gears, it makes all kinds of mechanical noises but it doesn't turn or anything.

Comment

Are you sure you didn't already fix the gears? The only carved wooden box I can think of this late in the game is FROM the gears. Does it have two different sides to it? If so, you already fixed the gears.
                      ((

Comment

No, the gears never turned to reveal the box. And I can't check it off my task list either. I'm so frustrated. I did solve the pyramid(triangle) box puzzle in the Captain's quarters.

Comment

Try rereading the papers in the triangle box.

Ok, then which carved wooden box do you need to open?
                          ((

Comment

I need to get to the box that the gears reveal.

Comment

Ok, that's the box I thought it was. Well, then my answer is still the same. If you are sure it is the star you need then reread the papers from the triangle box and see if you can open the
                              langenspiel.
                              If that doesn't work I'm out of ideas.
                              ((

Comment

Working...
                              X