• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My CLK Review

Secret of the Old Clock Review

-By Snowstorm

~Plot~
    It's 1930 and Nancy Drew is asked to visit Emily Crandall in Titusville, a girl whom Nancy knows only through a mutual friend. She and her mother had been counting on the generosity of their kindly but strange neighbor, Josiah Crowley, to leave them part of his estate to support the inn they own. But in his will, everything was left to Richard Topham, his ESP teacher. A contested will, a suffering girl, suspicious psychics — can Nancy solve the mystery before time runs out in Nancy Drew: Secret of the Old Clock?

~Characters~
    Emily Crandall-Seventeen-year-old girl who lost her mother and now needs to run the inn without her guardian
    Jane Willoughby-Emily's guardian, soon she has to let Emily run the inn on her own
    Richard Topham-Lives near the inn, in a house that used to be Josiah Corwley's
    Jim Archer-Banker that's trying to get though the Depression

~Fun Facts~
    Secret of the Old Clock is the 12th Nancy Drew PC Adventure Series. The game was released in July 2005. This PC game is based on the first four books in the classic series. This is before Nancy Drew ever solved a mystery, although it isn't the first mystery game in the PC Adventure series.

~My Opinion~
    The Secret of the Old Clock is a very enjoyable game, the graphics and pictures were alrights, and the characters seemed somewhat real. This is a laid back and easy-going game, but like all other Nancy Drew games it has its challenging parts. There is a few things I would change. Richard Topham thinks he's telepathic which isn't good because some players may be religous, and think that telephathy is bad. Also, I have this empty feeling about the game. Other games I've solved fill that empty feeling-I guess that feeling is being scared or suprised or getting butterflies. Besides that, the game was fairly good and didn't take long at all.

~My Rating~
    I try to be careful about my ratings, and balance the differences between each game.The game was very good, so i'd have to give it 4 stars. Or 8/10.

~Credits~
    Wikipedia.org
    Google.com
    Herinteractive.com
    ~Snowstorm~
    *~~*

¸×´¨¯¨`׸..................¸·´¨¯¨`·¸..¸·´¨¯¨`·¸..................¸×´¨¯¨`׸
    `·-·*.......`·¸·´¯`♥¸....`·-·*.....).(.....*·-·´.....¸♥´¯`·¸·´.......*·-·´
    ¸·´¨¯¨`·........).........`+.,¸_¸,.×´...`×.,¸_¸,.+´.........(........·´¨¯¨`·¸
    (.....*·-·´....¸·´.................................................. ...`·¸...`·-·*.....)
    `+.,¸_¸,.+´.,·´¨¯¨`·¸....................................¸·´¨¯¨`·,.`+.,¸_¸,.+´
    .............(....`·-·*....)...................................(....*·-·´....).............
    ..............`×.,¸_¸,.+´.....................................`+.,¸_¸,.×´..............

Thanks! I thought this game wasn't very good, but I might try it out now
    Installing The Deadly Device...
    ███████████████100%

<-- Click on Link to see my first game idea about a cruise ship!

Blue ones are the ones I've completed:
    SCK - STFD - MHM - TRT - FIN - SSH - DOG - CAR - DDI - SHA - CUR - CLK - TRN - DAN - CRE - ICE - CRY - VEN - HAU - RAN - WAC - TOT - SAW - CAP - ASH - TMB - DED

Comment

This game was really good. Great review! Reps!'
      -Nicole
      "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
      -C.S. Lewis
      ★★

Comment

Thanks guys!
        ~Snowstorm~
        *~~*

¸×´¨¯¨`׸..................¸·´¨¯¨`·¸..¸·´¨¯¨`·¸..................¸×´¨¯¨`׸
        `·-·*.......`·¸·´¯`♥¸....`·-·*.....).(.....*·-·´.....¸♥´¯`·¸·´.......*·-·´
        ¸·´¨¯¨`·........).........`+.,¸_¸,.×´...`×.,¸_¸,.+´.........(........·´¨¯¨`·¸
        (.....*·-·´....¸·´.................................................. ...`·¸...`·-·*.....)
        `+.,¸_¸,.+´.,·´¨¯¨`·¸....................................¸·´¨¯¨`·,.`+.,¸_¸,.+´
        .............(....`·-·*....)...................................(....*·-·´....).............
        ..............`×.,¸_¸,.+´.....................................`+.,¸_¸,.×´..............

Comment

Marvelous review! I also enjoyed CLK :)

~ Ginger :)

Comment

Working...
          X