Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you think of this game?? (NO spoilers please)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This was one of the few games that I was able to solve without needing to ask for help. But, it was still challenging so it was a satisfying game to play. I gave it an 8/10.
    Do you ever lose the plot among the puzzles? Sign the Petition for Plausible Progression!

And in the daylight we can hitchhike to Maine
    I hope that someday I'll see without these frames
    And in the daylight I don't pick up my phone
    Because in the daylight anywhere feels like home

Comment

• It was interesting to go back in time but it was a pretty short game and all the driving around was very frustrating. Not the worst game but definately not the best. 7/10

Comment

• I thought the game was alright. It gave that vintage feel to the Nancy Drew era, and I actually enjoyed how everything went back in time back to the 1930's. It was a nice throwback for ND.

I also liked how they combined the first three yellowback books to create this game, that was really cool. :)
        ......,+´¨¯¨`׸+´¨¯¨`׸
        ......`·-·*......`·¸...*·-·´
        .....ıτ ıs our cнoıcεs τнατ
        ............ωнατ ωε τruℓy αrε,
        ....fαr morε τнαn our αℓıτıεs.
        ..........................`·¸................+´¯)
        .............................`×.,¸¸_¸,.×´....·´
        ..............................................'·-·»
        αℓbus dumbεdo

Comment

• I didn't personally care much for this one. Maybe it was because I was spoiled by the first 11 before playing this one, but it just didn't really get me going. I know it's too easy when I don't even have to peruse the message boards once. :P Story idea was a good idea, but the driving and the potholes and all the meaningless errands really just didn't do it for me. I gave it a 4.
          Closed Cases:
          SCK|STFD|MHM|TRT|FIN|SSH|DOG|CAR|DDI|SHA|CUR|CLK|
          TRN|DAN|CRE|ICE|CRY|VEN|HAU|RAN|WAC|TOT|SCK2|SAW|CAP|ASH|
          TMB
          |DED|GTH

Comment

• This was one of the first ND games I played. I'm a history fanatic and going back in time was quite fun. I actually liked driving the little car. lol I gave it a 7/10.

Nancy has come a long way!

Comment

• Pros and Cons

Pros:
              -old-fashioned music
              -interesting characters
              -setting
              -driving the roadster

Cons:
              -telegrams
              -running errands
              -minigolf
              -not many places to explore
              -not scary
              -lacked suspense

4/10 This is probably the lowest score I've ever given a Nancy Drew game. I really tried to come up with some pros to be nice (although I genuinely liked the music). To put things simply-- it was boring. I thought it was cool to be in the 30s, but I was bored out of my mind. Sorry.

Comment

• I gave it a 10!

Comment

• Worst one!!!! I hate delivering telegrams, and driving around all time.Not too much character interaction.Mini golf is so hard.Sewing was too hard.I hated the storyline.I gave it 2.

Comment

• I gave it a 6 as an overall opinon. I thought it was good, the puzzles were excellent, and I enjoyed the sewing. The delivering of the telegrams grew tiring after some time, but it was quite fun driving! (However many cows I hit...LOL) But overall I really enjoyed it, although the culprit was rather obvious.

Pros:

-Puzzles
                    -1/2 the characters (Carson, Nancy, Bess and George, and Thopam)
                    -Driving
                    -Pie sorting
                    -Sewing

Cons:

-Other 1/2 of characters (Jane, the banker, the woman on the line with B&G,Emily)
                    -Telegrams after awhile

So, not too many cons. More pros, so that's why I gave it a six.
                    “ God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
                    Courage to change the things I can, and Wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

• I was going to start this game but now... idk...

I was going to start this game next (I have 6 right now that I haven't played yet) But after reading all the reviews I think I will save this one for another time. Thanks for the reviews guys!

Comment

• In My Top 5

Pros:
                        * Old Time River Heights (referenced back in ASH how cool!)
                        * Pretty easy- the puzzles are pretty easy to figure out. I usually have to go to the message board with a lot of the older ND games but with CLK I could figure out by my self fairly quickly
                        * Interesting ending- not a scary ND game but the ending gave me the chills.
                        * Nice music and dialog
                        * Characters all have substance and are rememberable
                        * Mini golf is frustrating, but once you win you will feel so accomplished

Cons:
                        * Driving around/money/getting gas - once you play the game you'll understand
                        * Fishing was annoying

Like I said CLK is one of my favorites. Defiantly one everyone should play! :

Comment

• This game is a personal favourite of mine, although I can understand why it's not in everyone's top list, as it has its flaws (it's fairly short, puzzles are quite easy, there are a few tedious fetch-this or simply annoying tasks, unskippable cutsenes can get on your nerves) - but I like the atmosphere so much, I could play it hours on end just for the sake of it!

I think the early 30's setting was very well conveyed, both through aesthetics and language. Characters were believable and enjoyable to talk to. There was a nice a amount of exploring. I thought the ending was pretty good, albeit rather predictable after some in-game events. I didn't mind that the plot was set in a familiar environment, far from the big treasure hunts and thrilling historical mysteries Nancy then went on to solve - after all, it was her first case! And I liked that there was no scare factor I don't particularly enjoy being scared or rushed, I prefer immersive games where I can take the time to relax and explore and enjoy the setting.

CLK is one of the first games I play through everytime I'm on a ND playing spree, which happens about once a year, and I never get tired of it . So despite its potential for improvement, I happily gave it a 9.

Comment

Working...
                          X