MrsSleuth's Secrets Can Kill Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrsSleuth's Secrets Can Kill Review

I am going through the games starting at number 1. I thought I may as well post a review as I go along.

Since this was the first Nancy Drew game, made for Windows 95/98 I am not going to focus this review on the graphics or the fact it had two disks. It's an old game, judging it on that won't benefit anyone.

Quick Summary: Jake Rogers is murdered. Nancy is called to go undercover as a student to solve the mystery.

I liked the characters in this game. Everyone had a secret they were trying to keep quiet. I thought there was just enough dialog with the suspects (Sometimes I feel like there is too much talking in some of the newer games).

I loved the puzzles in this game. There were so many puzzles, clues, secret messages hidden around the school. They are all optional to do, but do give you clues on how to open locked areas, passwords, etc.

I don't think the puzzles were too difficult. I think the game could be beat without any help if you solve all the optional hidden clues. A lot of the harder things to do had a clue to the solution hidden somewhere.

This game probably took me about an hour to an hour and a half to beat. I tried to solve as many of the optional puzzles that I could. I knew exactly what to do and what I needed to look at in order to solve the game though. So while I do think this was a short game, I think someone playing it for the first time would take longer to finish it. Especially this game, there are certain things you need to do in order to progress and sometimes those things are easy to miss!

Overall, I give this game a 5/5. It's possible my judgement is clouded by nostalgia, as this was the first game I ever played but I do think this game is better than some of the other ND games.
Working...
X