Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you think of this game?? (NO spoilers please)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6/10

This wasn't the first Nancy Drew game that I played. I started playing in about 2002/2003 so my knowledge of graphics wasn't as keen as it is now. Honestly, back then I thought the graphics were the Achilles heel of the game (I know it has been said before, hence the remastered version.) But looking back now I find the cartoons to be charming. I found the story but a bit morbid, however. But still it was a great mystery and without SCK the games may not be where they are today!

Also, just wanted to add that I'm going to be starting all of the Nancy Drew games over again. I will try the remastered version this time :)

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopdog.jr View Post
      The classic ND game, really creepy really scary and really intimidating. This is what a mystery should feel at times, and I love the option of master dect compared to junior and senior. This was so so hard, it was impossible for someone new to the mystery solving business, but thats what made it memorable(:

8/10
      I agree, it was scary and creepy and intimidating.

and I am sure you have notice buy now, but isn't its a bite strange that this mystery is the only one that has taken place at a School.

***merged***

Originally posted by Laura Jean View Post
      I personally love this game. It has been one of my favorites (top three) for some time now. I'm a very impatient person, so normally, having to constantly switch disks would have made me want to rip my hair out (or something like that). Especially since I'm the type who misses clues/things from time to time, and I often find myself going back and forth (for what seems like forever) from location to location. However, my love for this game is so up there, that I don't mind the disk switching at all. I really wish HeR had kept hidden messages in more of their games (I would even take a split between the messages and the puzzles). This is also my favorite all-time plot/story. There were some plot holes, yes, but they were definitely excusable and didn't take away from the quality of the game itself. The graphics and navigation were obviously not as advanced as those of the later games, but I didn't really think they needed to be. I was able to communicate with everyone properly, and I navigated well enough. In conclusion, I still give this game a 10, regardless of the disks issue (or anything else that may fault the game).
      feeling mutual about being impatient.
      Last edited by hedgie; October 9th, 2015, 06:34 PM. Reason: Mod's Note: Please do not double post, a form of spam.

Comment

• Missing the original SCK

I really miss the original version of this game. I don't miss having to change from one disc to another, but I miss the original art for the characters and the original ending. It was, and is, one of my favorite of the Nancy Drew games --- it just really saddens and frustrates me that because operating systems have to continue to 'evolve' that programs and games that were pretty awesome are now obsolete.
        Frank Hardy + Nancy Drew = Sleuthing Love

Comment

• Originally posted by frankxnancyfan View Post
          I really miss the original version of this game. I don't miss having to change from one disc to another, but I miss the original art for the characters and the original ending. It was, and is, one of my favorite of the Nancy Drew games --- it just really saddens and frustrates me that because operating systems have to continue to 'evolve' that programs and games that were pretty awesome are now obsolete.

I agree it's so unfair but what can we do about it.

Comment

• The Original

Originally posted by Mirica View Post
            For a game that came out so long ago, it was great!!! I personally like it even more than the remastered version. Nine out of ten!
            I agree! This game was innovative considering the time as which it was released. It was definitely paving the way for girls in the gaming world and sparked the interest in Nancy Drew fans to finally solve the mystery as Nancy!
            This game had a great story, developed characters, and simple puzzles. It's a ND game: What's not to love?
            ~St. Susan
            “If we find ourselves with a desire____.
            that nothing in this world can satisfy,

the most probable explanation is that
            we were made for another world.”
            __________________~ C.S. Lewis

Images are not allowed on the boards. "He reveals mysteries from the darkness And brings the deep darkness into light."- Job 12:22Images are not allowed on the boards.

Comment

Working...
            X