Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stuck trying to get the note from Daryl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OddandOdd
    replied
    okay, I'm going to keep that save just incase anybody else thinks of anything new but at this point I'm just going to restart.

Thank you all so much for trying to help me with this problem! I must have done something seriously wrong or out of order or something I'm really sorry.

Leave a comment:

• catsandbooks
    replied
    Originally posted by OddandOdd View Post
    I have. For fun; your thinking of the remastered version. In this game it just tells you how you'll make a great detective if you noticed it.

I'm getting the feeling at this point I might as well restart and go follow a guide or something?
    I could have sworn it was an issue in both versions...I'm out of ideas.

Leave a comment:

• OddandOdd
    replied
    I have. For fun; your thinking of the remastered version. In this game it just tells you how you'll make a great detective if you noticed it.

I'm getting the feeling at this point I might as well restart and go follow a guide or something?

Leave a comment:

• catsandbooks
    replied
    I remember there is one thing that gets people stuck. I can't remember if it gets you stuck on the note but it is worth a try. Have you looked at the eye chart near Hulk?

Leave a comment:

• OddandOdd
    replied
    He has not given me the note, but just hoping for anything I did check but nothing there.

Yes I have done everything with the computer and the printing.

As expected the puzzle did nothing (as all it does is give the log on info).

I think it Connie too! But I've looked at the judo book Jake has, I have looked at the judo hand book in the library, and the crane one as well, and Nancy has nothing to say about any of it other then the quip about Connie and crane.

I've even tried desperately clicking on the crane symbol on the back of the judo hand book guys shirt in hoping she'll connect the dots or something but nope.

And its not that one line that apparently gets you stuck I haven't even gotten to that thing yet.

We are all going to feel so silly when we figure it out.

Leave a comment:

• Hermes
    replied
    Hmm...have you tried looking at the counter next to Daryl? That's where the note will be, but if he didn't say anything about it then I'm not sure it will be there.

Just to refresh my memory, the security report in the teachers lounge is what was printed from the computer, right? If not, try accessing the computer there and printing.

Also, you mentioned that you were going to try doing the slider puzzle. Did that affect anything?

Sorry for all the questions! I'm looking around the board for some potential things you may have missed. Hopefully one of them will work!

EDIT: I feel like something should be done with Connie. Just to make sure, you looked in the encyclopedias in the library, right?
    Last edited by Hermes; January 2, 2017, 07:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• OddandOdd
    replied
    Ok I have the game open right now as we all speak; I've also taken note of literally every single object I have looked at.

in the locker:
    • The Judo today (Nancy has nothing to say about it)
    • the essays (Nancy wont stop talking about it)
    • The paper
    • The VHS case

in the library:
    • Sports today
    • The Judo hand book (Nancy says nothing)
    • The kanji book (Nancy always notes the crane)
    • The card catalogue

in library, irrelevant, but just making sure incase I missed something:

Brail, fingerprints, Morse, optical illusions, manatees, psychology of anger, zodiac, palms, dreams, boiler operations, handwriting, hands, and the maps.

I have looked at all of them, am I missing something? : (

Leave a comment:

• Hermes
    replied
    I remember having this problem too in both the original and remastered versions.

So, just to make sure, you have explored the majority of the library, right? There are some books in there that you must look at that trigger important info on Connie's necklace. But if you already confronted her about that, I'm assuming you already have looked at them.

Also, just to make sure, have you looked at everything in the locker? From top to bottom?

EDIT: In the library have you also taken a look at all the magazine?
    Last edited by Hermes; January 2, 2017, 07:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• OddandOdd
    replied
    Oh I made sure to read the rules, I'm just not used to forums at all! And while I'm positive culprits are spoilers I'm just hoping I don't accidently say a different one in just trying to say where I am! XD

Explored kitchen, got the bolt cutters, I went to the teachers lounge, read the security report, read Hal's stuff, looked at everything fairly sure, I've been to the boiler room no less then 7 times (I know this because as a joke I was counting how many times we had to swap the disk and that reallllllly bloated the count...we are up to 48), clicked around, grabbed the gloves, violently stared at the grate.

When I say I have literally looked at everything but some small minuscule thing I am not kidding. It's really got me curious about what the exact triggers are for his note, they must be really precise.

I think the only thing I have not done is the slider puzzle. In fact I'm probably going to do that right now even though I'm pretty sure that's not it. (I know for fact that I have beaten this game without doing it)

Leave a comment:

• catsandbooks
    replied
    Welcome to HER. You posted just fine, but if you haven't already you should read the FAQ/New Member Resource sticky on the Message Board Questions board. (The link is in my signature.)

Besides all the characters, what have you done? Have you explored the kitchen? Have you been in the Teacher's Lounge? Have you been in the boiler room?

Leave a comment:

• OddandOdd
    started a topic Stuck trying to get the note from Daryl?

Stuck trying to get the note from Daryl?

Howdy!
    Fair warning this is my first post ever, so fair warning if I make clumsy first poster mistakes. (For instance: I'm not sure if this is the right board...)

Basically as per the title I'm attempting to get Daryl to give me the note to go to the boiler room. I've checked with other posts in this board and it doesn't seem like there solutions are my solutions and nothing so far seems to have worked. At this point my blood has sublimated into a gaseous form I'm that angry and confused XD! I've played this game some 7 times and I swear every other time I get stuck here...

What I have done:

-Hulk is angry at me and has nothing to say.
    • - Confronted him with his problems.
    • - Checked the sports today magazine related to him.
    • - Double checked that I looked at the paper in the locker.

-Hal is embarrassed at me and has nothing to say.
    • - Fairly sure I have done everything related to him and his problems; open to any other suggestions!

-Connie is wondering about me and has nothing to say.
    • - Confronted her about the Necklace.
    • - Wasn't paying attention for a better portion of dialogue but after re-checking the poster, the books in the library, calling the school, she still has nothing to say.
    • -Definitely feel I'm missing something.

-Daryl is my number one contact but has nothing else to say.
    • -Fairly sure this is the guy holding me back.
    • - Not sure if I've confronted him about anything or if that's until later.
    • - Can't remember what I have to check for him, if anything. I'm getting confused due to the remastered there's not note about the dance in this one is there? If there is tell me where it's at I feel dumb enough as it is! XD

Sorry if that's too much info I'm just really, really stuck! I was playing this with friends and feel really embarrassed I got so badly stuck so I feel I've gotta get help so we can finish this.
Working...
X