Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you think of this game?? (NO spoilers please)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you think of this game?? (NO spoilers please)

Come rate this game for us and give us your overall opinion. We want to know. You can make your vote and then either post and explain why you rated it as you did (without game event or cultprit name/gender spoilers). OR just provide us with a link to a past review you may have written. This is meant to be helpful to all those gamers who may not have played this game yet and come here to find out what we thought of it. So keep that in mind when posting please. Thank you!!

3.00%
    4.00%
    8.00%
    4.00%
    8.00%
    17.00%
    25.00%
    16.00%
    11.00%
    4.00%
    ²..Rianna
    .¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸…..¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸ .If you can hear me now
    (......°.¸_¸.'¸.•°......°.¸_¸.' ……I'm .r e a c h i n g out
    .°•.,¸_¸,.•°…..²¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸……¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸ To let you know that
    ……………………'.¸_¸°……°•.¸ '.¸_¸°……) …… You're .not a l o n e
    ©Rianna..…………………²….°•.,¸_¸,.•° Lullaby - Nickelback

I felt it was waaaayyyy to short

Comment

I gave it a 7/10. It's definitely a short game, but I liked it. I love the original game and the 80th anniversary additions in this one were really great.

My detailed game review is here for anyone interested:

Secrets Can Kill REMASTERED ~ My Review
      ²..Rianna
      .¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸…..¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸ .If you can hear me now
      (......°.¸_¸.'¸.•°......°.¸_¸.' ……I'm .r e a c h i n g out
      .°•.,¸_¸,.•°…..²¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸……¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸ To let you know that
      ……………………'.¸_¸°……°•.¸ '.¸_¸°……) …… You're .not a l o n e
      ©Rianna..…………………²….°•.,¸_¸,.•° Lullaby - Nickelback

Comment

I gave this game an 8. I absolutely loved the plot, and what was happening! The school really looked like a school, and the characters were good too. Although it was really short (i finished in like, less than 3 hours) I did enjoy the game.

-; ana
        Taking a break. See you all soon!

Comment

This game was VERY good!!! The music was really cool and I LOVE murder mysteries so this was right up my ally. I really liked the library in the school and I basically liked the school in general...the diner was really neat, too. I thought Darryl was a bit obnoxious, but other than that I loved the characters. The ending was pretty good, but I had the culprit pegged by about halfway through the game...I don't think that the culprit was that obvious, I just guessed.
          Overall, I give this game my high recommendation!!
          ¸·*¨¯¨*·-·*There's a lot of good in this world Mr. Frodo...
          and it's worth fighting for!(Lord of the Rings)
          ¸·*¨¯¨*·.¸.·´ ¸·*¨¯¨*·.¸_¸·*¨¯¨*·¸`·-·*…_).∙*¨¯¨*∙.
          ( `·-·*…_)_`·-·*_)`×.,¸__¸,.×´ `∙-∙*_…)) ¸·*¨¯¨*·.¸`×.,¸__¸,.×´¸.×*¨¯¨*×.,¸_¸,.×*©MysteryBook¸·*¨¯¨*·¸×*…`·-·*…_)(_`*×·.,¸___¸,.·×*´¸·*¨¯¨*·.,¸_¸,. *¨¯¨*×.,¸_¸,.×*`·-·*_…)
          `×.,¸__¸,.×´

Comment

7/10

It was good, but I personally like the original more.

My love still lies there buried under silent ice and sleep
            A grave left unattended
            ¸·°¨¯¨°·¸.......²
            ..by the word I couldn't keep. .`·-·`.........)¸.·°¨¯¨°·¸
            ...............¸·°¨¯¨°·.¸....².....¸.·°¨¯¨°·.,¸_¸,.·`..³..`·-·`
            ...........³ `·-·`......`·.,¸_¸,.·` ©dg12

Signature made by Veronica

Comment

I gave it a 9. I liked it!...the ending was good and kind of creepy, and I liked all of the Nancy Drew references in the game. I didn't give it a 10 just because I think I still love the original Secrets Can Kill a little bit more. I didn't really know what I'd think of this remastered version, but I was surprised and I would recommend it.
              Last edited by allmynancy; August 27th, 2012, 06:14 PM.

Comment

This game was really fun and interesting, but really short, and fairly easy. I only had to go to the message boards for help once, and all I ended up having to do was look more closely at something I'd already looked at. Still, a very fun game overall :)
                I tamed the White Wolf at Icicle Creek
                I discovered the Legend of the Crystal Skull
                I found the Creature of Kapu Cave
                I survived the Danger By Design
                I learned the Secret of the Scarlet Hand
                I petted the Ghost Dogs Of Moon Lake
                I solved the Secret of the Old Clock
                I rode the Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon
                I evaded Danger on Deception Island
                I slowed the Haunted Carousel
                I unearthed the Secret of Shadow Ranch
                I discovered that Secrets Can Kill
                I unraveled the Curse of Blackmoor Manor
                I unmasked the Phantom of Venice
                I followed the Trail of the Twister

Comment

9 out of 10

Even though I think this is the shortest game I've played so far, I had alot of fun playing it. I did alot of snooping which I love and everyone seemed to have a motive! I actually kinda wish there would have been more puzzles which I don't normally like. This game was a great way to spend the afernoon.

Comment

Apparently I already voted:/...don't know why but I did. If I didn't I would have given it a 10! This game was fun and interesting! It was surprisingly short but anyway a great game!
                    i figure life’s a gift…………❝❞
                    ….....__÷. , ,_¸ . ·´{(¯¨`·......... // }´.and I don’t intend on wasting it
                    YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT HAND
                    You’re gonna get dealt next…………………………….
                    you learn to take life as it comes to you……..
                    ……to make each day count
                    αε …………

Comment

10!

I loved playing this game with the update graphics and new puzzles. I thought it was really cool how they changed the characters from the old game to the new game.

I had a real feeling of nostalgia while playing this game!

Comment

I gave the game a 2. I was really disappointed with it. When ever I buy an ND game I have to save up for it, so the fact that I spent $20.00 on it and it only lasted about 1 hour made me really upset...

I liked almost everything about the game and I was having fun playing it....but then all of a sudden it ended! I couldn't believe it, I was so disappointed! I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone....
                        Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, They Win. - Stephen King

I solemnly swear, I'm up to no good. -Fred and George

"Keep calm, and Kiss Dr. Spencer Reid."

Comment

Very short.

But I did love the ending, it was really shocking.
                          I hadn't suspected it. And that's unusual when I play ND games.

It was just short. OHHH and I didn't like that the library had to be unlocked every single time you went in. Usually ND games, register that you have done it once. Whereas this one was a bit picky.

Comment

I gave it a seven. Loved the story, the characters, the graphics, the setting and all. The puzzles weren't impossible to figure out and they were all relevant to the game.

My only complaint is that it was way too short. These games usually take me longer than they seem to take most players, but even I still thought it ended too quickly.

Comment

I prefer the original overall, mostly because I liked the original ending and because I like the character non-cg art in the 1998 edition over the cg'd characters in the remastered edition.

What I liked in this edition:
                              Having a cellphone as opposed to using the payphone.

The new puzzle behind the tapestry. I don't mind the old one, but this one is just so pretty.

I don't have to switch discs to go from one place to another.
                              Frank Hardy + Nancy Drew = Sleuthing Love

Comment

Working...
                              X