A Veteran's Review of SCK2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Veteran's Review of SCK2

Allow me to preface this review by saying that I have been playing the ND games for fourteen years. Over those years, I have probably played each game well over twenty times--the older ones probably over fifty--and I do at least one full marathon of all 33 games (i.e., all 32 and SCK Remastered) annually. As I have gotten older, I have found myself ranking the games, characters, music, etc., in my spare time during marathons, and this year I thought I would write--and subsequently post--reviews of each game while I go through my 2018/2019 marathon (things have been very busy and chaotic). I have lost access to/forgotten about my previous accounts on here, including my very first one, so I made a new one solely for this purpose. That being said, I hope you enjoy my review, and I apologize, again, for the wait to those who have been following me!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since this game is the remastered version, there are some things I may not talk about, assuming that they are identical to that of the original game. I will still try to review this game as fully as possible, but there aren't a ton of differences between this game and SCK, so go check out my other review if you want to see my full opinion of the game. Anyway, let's get started.

Plot: Like the original SCK, this game revolves around the murder of Paseo Del Mar High student, Jake Rogers. As we learn later, classmate and student council president, Daryl Gray, found Jake's body at the bottom of a staircase at the school. Rather than Nancy being called in to go undercover by the school's principal, she gets contacted by an undercover detective, Detective Beech, who wants her to pose as a new student and track down leads at the school and among Jake's peers. We soon learn that Jake had a lot of enemies and no one at school liked him, which doesn't bode well for the investigation. Why do Jake's classmates dislike him so much? Will Nancy be able to determine who killed Jake without putting herself at risk? What clues are contained in the journal Detective Beech seems obsessed with finding? It's up to you as Nancy Drew.

Well, this plot doesn't differ much from the original game, which is okay in some ways and not as much in others. Since it's a remaster, I wasn't expecting a lot of changes, though the fact that there was any change at all made me hopeful that the changes would be positive. To be honest, I don't think they were positive. Now, I know my extreme nostalgia for the original game might be a factor here, but it's still been over nine years since I played this one for the first time. (No, I'm not nostalgic for this game, in case you were wondering.) Anyway, I thought that the game might try to make the plot slightly more coherent, as anyone who played the original knows that the ending left every single person like: . However, we weren't shocked for the right reasons, and then this game pulled a total reverse.

Ironically, the worst offense was definitely adding Detective Beech. I mean, I don't want to go into specifics, but the guy stood out for a lot of reasons and was, frankly, dull. Honestly, he made me uncomfortable, too, but we'll get into that when I talk about the graphics. Even though he was added to the plot, he didn't make much of an impact, and he didn't have a lot to say either. I thought he might be a source of information, being an undercover detective and all, but he really offered nothing to Nancy or the game. What little time we spent with him pursuing could have been used for something more interesting to say the least.

So, I was intrigued by the addition of a new character and a minor rework of the plot, which only happened at the end, but the execution was poor. For one, the game still suffered from the same problems as the original, such as characters abruptly ending conversations and not disappearing, so you just can click on them again anyway. It is extremely easy to progress the game without having conversations with people at all, or at least only bringing up the one talking point necessary. (I might honestly try to run through the game without having more than one conversation next time just to see what happens.) There aren't a lot of things to do in the game, so talking to the characters should be pretty important. I thought they would at least add more dialogue--not a lot, but enough--to flesh out the plot more, but many of the lines were identical to the original game's dialogue, except Daryl's lines, which I will rant about fully later. We learned next to nothing more about Jake or the other characters than before, which is a shame. I have to remind myself continuously that this game was a remaster, but I don't think peppering in a little more details would have been wrong or unfair to those who didn't play the original. If anything, it would be rewarding them with something stronger than the original that was still true to it. Why couldn't we look at Jake's school records, overhear conversations from students, or read emails on the computer from faculty and staff about him? That would have been minor, but it would have fleshed him out and made the impact on the school a little more real and tangible than torn police tape on a locker.

Setting: There really isn't much to say about the setting that I didn't say already in my other review. I think Maxine's diner is adorable, and I really wish Nancy could order some food off of their menu. The high school is a little bit different; they updated it for the 21st century and eliminated the hallway with the staircase, which I thought was odd given that the school is two-stories (i.e., the library has two floors and Jake was found at the bottom of a staircase that we definitely not in there). Still, it gives me some nostalgic 90s vibes, especially those magazine covers in the cafeteria. It's kind of ironic that I played the original game in elementary school, but when this one came out, I was actually in high school. Anyway, I really love how the decked out the high school with pictures and arts from the fan community. It really heightened the realism of the space, but was a really nice tribute to this community as well. The Easter eggs from the previous games were pretty cute too.

Characters: As I said in my original review, I really sympathize with this cast of characters, at least Connie, Hal, and Hulk anyway. Even though they aren't well-developed, fleshed out characters, their struggles are realistic and relatable, and I can't help but feel really sorry for all of them, even though they all could have committed a murder. However, I really don't like what this game did with Daryl Gray, and I don't like Detective Beech at all. My original comments about Jake Rogers stand, but I do wish we knew a little bit more about him. It seems kind of wrong that the game paints him as a total "slime ball" without giving us any insight to his backstory. Maybe that's all he was and there was no "good" reason for his behavior, but it's kind of sad that we're given a chance to feel sympathy for the other characters, who aren't paragons of virtue themselves, and the dead kid gets nothing. Anyway, I suppose I'll do the usual breakdown, but I wanted to say that before I did.

Connie Watson - student at Paseo Del Mar High, hall monitor
    Pros:

1) Cares about her role at school

2) Athletic

3) Possibly feminist
    Cons:
    1) Kind of a stick in the mud

2) A little hypocritical (talks about the other students' lives but doesn't want them talking about hers)
    Reasons for Suspicion:
    1) Not at all sympathetic about the death of her classmate

2) Wants to avoid talking to Nancy and gets irritated with her asking questions

3) Has some connection to Jake

4) Capable of beating up a person

5) Was on or near campus at the time of Jake's death
    Other Notes:

1) Honestly, I don't find Connie to be as likeable in this game as she is in the original. For one, I can't really see Connie Watson being a school monitor at all. She doesn't exactly come across as someone who wants to exert power over others in the form of enforcing mundane rules. That comes across as a little too goody two-shoes for her. Secondly, her motivations for her actions in the previous game, which were relatable, simply do not exist in this game. I can't really say more about that, but I'm just sad that they really cut down on her character, despite maintaining most of the lines from the original game. On top of it all, she doesn't seem to be nearly as into Daryl Gray in this game. Maybe I just didn't manage to trigger that dialogue--though I am fairly certain we talked about everything possible--but one of the things I liked about the original game was how everything played out with her and Daryl. Then again, Daryl in the other game was infinitely more likeable too.

2) I do like that she says that women have to stick together and look out for each other.

Hal Tanaka - Japanese exchange student at Paseo Del Mar High, honor student
    Pros:
    1) Smart

2) Studious

3) Hardworking

4) Responsible

5) Nice
    Cons:
    1) Did something wrong that I cannot say for the sake of spoilers
    Reasons for Suspicion:
    1) Had some connection to Jake that he tries to downplay

2) Was on or near campus at the time of Jake's death
    Other Notes:

1) I really like Hal, and I relate to him the most out of all the characters in this game. He is clearly having to deal with a lot of pressure from his family's expectations and his desire to perform well academically. While it is often used in a stereotypical sense, I think this is something that Asian kids (and adults) still deal with a lot based on conversations I've had with friends or heard from others online, so I appreciate that element of realism here. I really feel for Hal, but I do hate what he did. I have mixed feelings about the fact that he got away with it, but I know that it really could have destroyed his academic career, so I can't say that I am unhappy either. Still, his choice was not the right one in that circumstance. Oh, and I hate that he goes by "Hal" instead of his real name. He should be able to use his real name, regardless of whether other people find it hard to pronounce.

Hector "Hulk" Sanchez - student and football star at Paseo Del Mar High
    Pros:

1) Dedicated to his sport

2) Driven

3) Talented at football

4) Big dreams for his future
    Cons:
    1) Did several things that were wrong that I cannot mention for sake of spoilers
    Reasons for Suspicion:
    1) Obvious dislike for Jake

2) Capable of beating someone up

3) Some connection to Jake that he is trying to downplay

4) Was on or near campus when Jake was killed
    Other Notes:
    1) There really isn't as much to say about Hulk. I think he is the most underdeveloped character of the bunch, and all of his complexity really comes from the one thing I can't talk about.

Detective Beech - undercover police detective investigating Jake's murder
    Pros:
    1) None
    Cons:
    1) Not helpful at all

2) Creepy

3) Unkind to Nancy
    Reasons for Suspicion:
    1) Seems obsessed with Jake's journal

2) Doesn't have any helpful information or credentials that would indicate he's an undercover cop
    Other Notes:
    1) Detective Beech is such a useless character. When they decided to make him Nancy's police contact instead of Daryl, it destroyed Daryl as a character and did nothing to improve the plot. You can barely talk to the dude, and he is really kind of creepy. There is so much more I would like to say about him, but I can't without delving into spoiler territory. I will certainly be talking about him in the graphics section though.

Daryl Gray - student council president at Paseo Del Mar High, short-order cook at Maxine's Diner
    Pros:
    1) Generally helpful

2) Actually willing to talk about Jake

3) Shows some remorse over Jake's death
    Cons:

1) Creepy

2) Awkward

3) Harasses Nancy with flirtatious advances despite being discouraged

4) Did something I cannot talk about that is really, really badrepeatedly
    Reasons for Suspicion:

1) Was on or near the campus when Jake was killed

2) Found Jake's body

3) Says he didn't know Jake well despite going to school with him and working with him at Maxine's

4) Trying to hide possible connection to Jake
    Other Notes:
    1) The cringe-factor is over 9000 with this guy. I cannot stand him. In the original game, he was helpful and charming. Yes, he flirted with Nancy, but nowhere near to the same level and Nancy actually seemed to flirt back a little. Regardless, he seemed like an overall decent person, but all of that was thrown away in this game. He is creepy and comes onto Nancy constantly despite her rejecting him repeatedly, which is gross. Plus, the one thing he did in the game was infinitely worse than what he did (at first unknowingly) in the original game, and his motivations, again, made more sense and were more relatable. There is no excuse for his behavior in this game at all, and what he did could have been insanely dangerous, to say nothing of a federal crime. Ugh.

Mitch Dillon - HVAC repairman

Other Notes:

1) Just like the original game, Mitch doesn't play much of a role. I can't say a lot about him for that reason, but we do get a threatening phone call from him, among other things, so he is at least a little more visible this time around.

Music: As the music in this game is only marginally different from the original, I think it should be pretty obvious that I love it. The theme in Aunt Eloise's house is so beautiful and calming, just like her house. The classic theme in Maxine's is groovy and incredibly nostalgic, and all the compositions that play in the school and library are tense and mysterious. Now, I am not super keen on the new jukebox songs, even though I know they intentionally threw in songs from VEN to be an Easter egg from that game. Anyway, it's such a solid soundtrack and I'm glad they kept the pieces from the original.

Puzzles: What puzzles? This game only has four legitimate puzzles, so I'm not going to bother doing my usual breakdown. The safe puzzle is original and incredibly simple, and it is even easier to find the solution this time around. The slider puzzle at the beginning is a classic, but it's pretty easy and certainly not original. Then, there's the boiler puzzle, which is certainly unique and also pretty easy, and I like that the game offers a variety of solutions for it this time in the event that you don't have a certain item in your inventory. The final puzzle is actually pretty challenging, to the point that I gave up trying to figure it out and looked up a spoiler. The problem with the final puzzle is that solving it requires finding every single hidden clue in the game, and there are a lot of them. Now, I said in my original review that I liked how the game was full of little riddles and messages that helped you solve the mystery, and I still feel that way. However, this game made finding and solving them an absolute necessity, but, to my knowledge, does not give Nancy a way of checking to see if she has them all. Besides, even knowing how many there are and whether they are important or not is not apparent until much later in the game, assuming you find one or two specific things.

For someone playing the game for the first time with no experience of the original, this wouldn't be a big deal, but for people who have played the original countless times, it is a bit of a problem. If Nancy had remarked on the messages beyond just mentioning them to Connie, I think it would have been obvious that they were actually important to solving the game, but I saw them, thought they were in homage to the original, and moved on without paying much attention. Yes, that's my fault, but I think the game could have telegraphed that they were important a little better and given Nancy a way of keeping track of them all without having to run around over and over. Maybe she does and I just haven't noticed, since I don't really read her notes most of the time. Anyway, I think the final puzzle is pretty clever and certainly difficult, but I wish it had been handled a little bit better.

Graphics: I'm going to try to be brief here because I don't think the graphics are that great.
    The environment graphics are okay. It's obviously an improvement from the original in terms of detail and textures, but I think the lighting is a little stale. For a remaster, I was expecting a little more polish, but the character models are what's truly atrocious. I legitimately think they look worse than the models in games 2-5, and I actually think the 2D characters in the original look better. I know they probably didn't want to decide a ton of time to this game, given that it was a remaster and they were putting out two new games in the same year; however, the character models are so, so bad. Detective Beech looks legitimately terrifying, Connie is meh, Hulk is...bleh, Daryl is disturbing, and Hal looks lifeless. They are all deep in the uncanny valley. The textures on them are especially bad, but their faces...something about their faces gives me the creeps. None are worse than Detective Beech though. Besides looking like a knockoff Napoleon Dynamite, his face is just...horrible. I can't even explain it; I just find his appearance so deeply unsettling.

Ending: Ah, the ending. In the contest for worst game ending, this one is definitely in the top five. I never thought I would actually compliment SCK's wild, outlandish ending, but I genuinely think it made more sense and was better than this game's ending. For one, the culprit choice was extremely obvious. I cannot say that I was surprised at all, which is ironic given how the original game's culprit was a complete surprise, though I was shocked by how the culprit reveal happened. Once again, it's a bit...unrealistic, but I don't want to give anything away on that front. Anyway, the culprit reveal happens, and they are holding something I did not expect to make an appearance in a Nancy Drew game again, if you get my drift. There is a small puzzle used to confound the culprit, but it is not hard. Even if you don't know the exact solution, there are some pretty obvious wrong answers, which I find to be quite hilarious.

Still, I seriously question why the culprit believed Nancy or left her unattended after confronting her. I doubt she could have gotten away by running, but she could have surprised the culprit from behind and disarmed them. Moreover, why would the culprit believe Nancy in the first place? Assuming they heard part of that video--which is the only logical explanation for why they would have suddenly turned up and confronted Nancy right after she learned the truth--they should have known that Nancy was lying. Okay, maybe they were just showing up and then Nancy blew it, but still, it's not like it made any sense for them to show up so randomly unless they were suspicious. I must say, the culprit isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. As an aside, it really stinks that there is extended dialogue in the ending that you don't hear unless you pick all of the wrong answers and don't immediately reach the conclusion of how to beat the game.

Perhaps worse, the way Nancy foils the culprit's plot is completely outrageous. I mean...how tall are those ceilings? How would no one notice something like that? Plus, how did activating that thing disarm the culprit at all? I'm no physicist, but I would think the direction of the object's motion would have knocked anything in the culprit's hand in the same direction. Then, said object would have slid on the floor, but probably not far enough to be out of reach--given the initial direction of its motion--and then would have been blocked in. Thus, the culprit could have easily rearmed themselves and harmed Nancy, but...instead we got some Scooby Doo-esque angry villain faces. It's so ridiculous.

Once you catch the culprit, the ending letter begins. If you thought the ending was bad and unrealistic before, just wait. First of all, one of the characters, who may very well have been committing treason or at least was an accessory, depending on how the law was interpreted, and committed theft gets off with barely a slap on the wrist. Another character gets some kind of justice, though their crime may not have been illegal and is a hot topic for debate, but also gets away with it after coming clean. Yet another character is somehow not charged with two crimes, and another character, who apparently did not reveal their misdeed, also get away with everything. So, we have multiple legitimate crimes that were committed, and yet everyone goes on to have happy lives, except the culprit. What?! I mean, I feel for those characters, but...if they admitted to their crimes, how on earth were they not arrested or punished in any way?! There's no real sense of closure or justice at all. Yikes.

Other points of interest: I gotta say that I am not fond of most of the voice acting in this game, though Detective Beech's voice actor is pretty good. I'm really glad they got the original voice for Hal to come back--or just used his old recordings--because it suits him so well. I've always loved Hal's voice; it's so soft and pleasant. Everyone else's voices were inferior to the original's in my opinion. It's not that they didn't do a good job and the voices fit the characters, but I just prefer the original voices more. I think it's kind of like recasting a character in a show or movie series you like. Even if the new person is good, it's always going to be weird and you're going to like the original person more, unless they weren't around long enough to make an impression or were really bad (which is rare).

There are so many questions/comments I have about this game, especially because it's a remaster, so I'll include a few of them here:

Why can't we see Aunt Eloise? It made a little more sense in the original, but the fact that she is nowhere to be found at her own home or the school is a little preposterous to me. I know the series has been reluctant to show the classic ND characters, like Hannah and Carson Drew, and at this point, we hadn't even seen a picture of Ned or Kate Drew; nonetheless, I think a minor appearance from Aunt Eloise would have been nice.

Why was Jake using VHS tapes? That made complete sense in 1998, but I doubt a high school senior would have been recording anything using analog in 2010. We had iPhones by then, and even "old school" recordings would have been digital and put on a DVD. I question why they got rid of payphones in the cafeteria and yet kept the VHS tapes. I love VHS tapes and still have plenty, but...no.

The Takeaway: I realize that this game is competing against a massive, heaping helping of nostalgia I have for the original game, but I have always thought it was inferior and almost never want to replay it. (My original SCK discs still work, so I always play it on my marathons.) Regardless, I think it fails to deliver enough positive changes to be considered a "remastered" edition, and it makes the plot and characters worse than they were before. The things that it maintains from the original, with subtle additions or changes, do give it some credit though. With those reasons in mind, I give the game two stars out of ten.

So the final question is obviously whether I think you should play this game. Only if you have absolutely no way of playing the original SCK, which I think is vastly superior, even with its confusing ending. If you are a dedicated fan who wants to play all of the games, then I give you my blessing and wish you luck, but I implore you to try and find the original if you haven't played it. If you've got a good many games under your belt and you're looking for another game to play, I would recommend looking at almost anything else. Your introduction needs to be with a much better game. Even the original would be a better introduction because it has the charm and appeal of being the first game and some pure 90s nostalgia. If you would like to play one of my favorite Nancy Drew games, try out Treasure in the Royal Tower, The Final Scene, Curse of Blackmoor Manor, Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon, and Secret of Shadow Ranch out of the older games. If a new(er) game is more your speed, and especially if you have already played the aforementioned titles, then I highly recommend Shadow at the Water's Edge, The Deadly Device, Ghost of Thornton Hall, and The Silent Spy (again, all in my top ten).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading my review! I hope that my perspectives and ramblings inspire someone to look at this game through fresh eyes or feel validated in their opinion of it, whatever that opinion may be. I should be posting a review of Shadow at the Water's Edge (finally!) within the next week, and I will continue to post them as I try to finish up my 2018 Nancy Drew Marathon before MID comes out or 2019 ends (whichever one comes first)...hope you're on the edge of your seat in anticipation for this next review.

Previous review: Trail of the Twister
    Next review: Shadow at the Water's Edge

Other reviews: SCK STFD MHM TRT FIN SSH DOG CAR DDI SHA CUR CLK TRN DAN CRE ICE CRY VEN HAU RAN WAC CAP ASH TMB DED
    Last edited by yukixiaomeimei; December 12th, 2019, 02:05 AM.

So, after getting a few responses to my own reviews (including some awesome ones from you), I decided that it would be fun to waste a few hours of my life reading some other people's reviews. And let me just say, I am so glad I started with yours because I honestly thought I was the only person out there who writes these extraordinarily long and detailed reviews, and it is nice to know that I am not alone!!! Lol. I had a great time reading this, and I agree with so many of your opinions.

I have to remind myself continuously that this game was a remaster, but I don't think peppering in a little more details would have been wrong or unfair to those who didn't play the original. If anything, it would be rewarding them with something stronger than the original that was still true to it. Why couldn't we look at Jake's school records, overhear conversations from students, or read emails on the computer from faculty and staff about him? That would have been minor, but it would have fleshed him out and made the impact on the school a little more real and tangible than torn police tape on a locker.
    THIS RIGHT HERE basically sums up my opinion about this game. I feel like this entry missed so many opportunities available to it as a remaster in a more current time period. There were so many technological updates it could have given us to provide old information in new ways, and I would have LOVED to see some more information about Jake via some more sophisticated forms of tech. (This suddenly made me think about the fact that I don't think we've ever been able to snoop in somebody else's cellphone as Nancy, correct me if I'm wrong. But I would really love to see that). I also agree that it would have been nice to just have him fleshed out a little more in general. We as real people know that there generally is no such thing as purely good and bad, and it would have been nice if they provided Jake with at least a few shades of gray.

I agree wholeheartedly that Detective Beech is useless (if not the worst part of this game), and I felt the whole time as though he existed for no other reason than to bring something new to an old plot.I personally would prefer if the time and energy that went into detective beech had instead been put into providing us with new information or even a new location. That would have made the game feel fresh, given us something new and exciting to see and do, and also not feel incredibly cringey. OR, they could have added Aunt Eloise, like you mentioned. I think players would have been EXCITED to be able to interact with her, and it would have played into the Nostalgia as opposed to against it.

This definitely is one of the worst endings in the entire series, and I think I actually laughed out loud at the absurdity of it once it took place in my playthrough. Also, I SO APPRECIATE that you also consider ridiculous things like the physics of things when you play video games, because that is something I noticed, too. I'm curious as to what your other top five worst endings are. I can think of a few that were pretty rough (I just got my review up for SSH and that one is definitely in my top five least favorite).

Oh, and I almost forgot the most important point that also depressed me greatly - WHY CAN I NOT EAT A FISHY WISHY SANDWICH AT THE DINER.

All in all, GREAT REVIEW!!! I look forward to working my way through all of them, slowly but surely
    Last edited by Jett; November 19th, 2019, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Firstly, I have to say that I'm fangirling so hard right now! I've been hoping you would return to the forums, and here you are! Thank you so much for the compliment! Yes, I felt the same way when I found your reviews. It was nice to know that someone else had as much to say about the games as I did.

I'm so glad you agree. I understand that they were basically making SCK2 as a replacement for the original, but it's unfortunate that nearly everyone who had the opportunity to play the original SCK ended up liking it better. The issues with SCK are easier to overlook, or even find charming, because it was their first game and released in 1998. There was no excuse not to give the game a serious rework to account for the eleven years that passed. You are absolutely right that the technology should have been updated more as well. Good point! Nancy does have the ability to snoop through character's cellphones in The Deadly Device, Ghost of Thornton Hall, The Silent Spy, and Sea of Darkness, but those are the only instances that come to mind. I know 2010 was really the beginning of the social media boom, but nearly all high school students had cellphones and Facebook accounts in 2010. If they had just done something like the anonymous texting in WAC, that would have been a great way for us to find out information about Jake. Absolutely! I really hate how they portrayed him. He may have been a pretty crummy person, but I can't imagine that he had nothing good to offer. Even the worst and most evil people in history had some redeeming qualities.

Yeah...I have no love for Detective Beech at all. If we could actually have conversations with him that don't sound like someone using thesaurus.com to say "I need you to find Jake's journal" twenty different ways, I might like him 0.2% more. He makes the other characters look multidimensional. Agreed, I think his existence was solely to allow that marketing plug about a new ending on the box art. It's unfortunate because I really think they could have tapped into the latent potential of the first game and created something quite good. I know they were working on this one at the same time at Trail of the Twister and/or Shadow at the Water's Edge, so I can understand why it flopped (especially when SAW is so incredible). Honestly though, I think they should have worked on it longer, completely reworked it, and then released it as a main title (perhaps instead of TOT). I doubt anyone would have complained if it had been genuinely different from the original, and almost anything would have been better than TOT in my opinion.

Hahahaha I'm so glad you found it as hilarious as I did. The cringe factor is...wow. Thanks! I don't know when I started paying attention to things like that, but I think it was pretty early on in my gaming career. It's so awful. Oh! I am happy to oblige! The least I can do is save you from having to read all of my reviews to know my top five worst endings, though you can certainly check them out for the explanations. Just off the top of my head, these are my top five worst endings:

1.The Creature of Kapu Cave
      2. Ransom of the Seven Ships
      3. Trail of the Twister
      4. Alibi in Ashes
      5. The Shattered Medallion

Honorable mentions:
      The White Wolf of Icicle Creek (that chase...)
      Secret of the Scarlet Hand ("like a mermaid from the sea!" "sour soup!" "AAAARRRRGHHHHHHHH CONFOUND YOU, NANCY DREW!!1!!11!!11!)
      Danger by Design ("I've fought imaginary ELVES stronger than you~!")

That was surprisingly harder than I thought it would be. There are a lot of endings in these games that fall flat for me, but these are by far the all-around worst. Hahaha, yes! I want to order the food on the menu so badly. It's a diner! It's criminal that we can't eat anything, including a fishy wishy sandwich.

Thank you so much for the comment and all of the compliments! Ah, no worries. The other day, I did a word count of the ones I have posted, and they amount to over 111,000 words so far. To think I could have finished my book instead... Anyway, thanks again! I'm heading over to read your new review right now, and I'm so excited!

Comment

Working...
      X