oh the agony of waiting. . a fun quiz, while we wait for nd23 ♥

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh the agony of waiting. . a fun quiz, while we wait for nd23 ♥

The wait is so agonizing! So in order to ease your pain and destress, I've made a little questionarre. :P

1. Did you pre-order, or are you waiting for the store release?
    2. If you pre-ordered, what shipping did you get?
    3. What element of the game are you most looking forward to? (i.e. scare factor, puzzles, characters, etc.)
    4. Do you like the fact that the game is set in Japan?
    5. What character do you like the most?
    6. Which character do you despise the most?
    7. Did you like the mini-game? Why or why not?
    8. Did you like the demo? Why or why not?
    9. What do you hope is not included in the game?
    10. Do you have any traditions for ND games?
    11. Are you doing anything special for saw? (such as eating special snacks, doing activities while waiting, etc.)
    12. ARE YOU READY FOR THE AWESOMEST GAME EVER?! (sorry for all caps I just wanted to emphasize)
    13. Would you like a signature?

Thanks for taking my little quiz! I hope you had fun. :)
    - kara
    Last edited by cat; October 2, 2010, 09:08 AM.
    ℓeave me with some kind of proof it's not a dream.

I pre-ordered with 5-7 day shipping.

2.If you pre-ordered, what shipping did you get?

See answer to No. 1

3. What element of the game are you most looking forward to? (i.e. scare factor, puzzles, characters, etc.)

I really want a great scare factor and characters we remember!

Yes, I luv the fact the game is set in Japan!

5.What character do you like the most?

Well, that's a tough one, because we don't really know them yet. However, Grandmother Takae intrigues me and Yumi appears to be more than you might imagine at first blush.

6.Which character do you despise the most?

Hmmm. I don't know if I despise any of them. It's a little early to despise, lol!

No, I did not. I thought it was too cutesy and too juvenile.

8.Did you like the demo? Why or why not?

I didn't play the demo yet.

9.What do you hope is not included in the game?

Great question. I hope that HER does not include endless and pointless puzzles that have no bearing on the plot.

Well, I like to make sure the mood is right and I'm not disturbed during game play by people who call me on my cell, so I leave my cell in the other room and don't answer calls until I'm finished with the game. Although I don't play the game in one sitting. But I don't answer calls when I'm gaming, unless it's my cousin who is also a rabid ND gamer.

11. Are you doing anything special for saw? (such as eating special snacks, doing activities while waiting, etc.)

I'm thinking I will drink green tea, since that's very Japanese.

12.ARE YOU READY FOR THE AWESOMEST GAME EVER?! (sorry for all caps I just wanted to emphasize)

I hope you're right, Cat! I hope SAW is the "awesomest game ever." However, I'm reserving judgment until I play. I'm afraid I've been around these boards for a couple of years now, and not to sound like the wise old sage, but people always get excited thinking "this is the one," then let down, at least lately. RAN was a big disappointment to me. WAC was okay. TOT was fun, but not much of a mystery. I hope, though, really hope, that SAW is the game we've all been waiting for!

Great quiz! ~Jas
    GHOST OF THORNTON HALL . . . . . . Dare to Play!

Comment

I didn't preorder but I will probably get it on ebay since I'm money tight. (who cares if my birthday is less then a month after it comes out? I'm not waiting!)
      Unknown
      Serious Creepyness and great characters
      Love it!!!!!!!!!
      I really like Yumi, but its hard to tell since we have only heard one character talk.
      6. Which character do you despise the most? See 5
      The minigame is awsome! I love the wacky and awsome outfits you can come up with!
      YES! (even though I obviously haven't played it yet!)
      I don't mind chores as long as they make sense. So basically no chores that don't make sense. And I don't like having to play arcade games to get something to solve a mystery thats older then arcade games.I love arcade games as long as it isn't forced.
      Not really but I want to start some this game.
      11. Are you doing anything special for saw?
      (such as eating special snacks, doing activities while waiting, etc.)

There is this awsome count down thread TARDIS is doing. I'll edit with a link.
      12. ARE YOU READY FOR THE AWESOMEST GAME EVER?! (sorry for all caps I just wanted to emphasize)
      YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      I guess. I don't know what you mean but I like sigs!

EDIT: heres the link!
      Last edited by ILOVENANCYDREW7; September 28, 2010, 02:46 PM.
      Please Wait While We Send Your Request.
      *Catchy Phone Music You Always Get If
      You're Put On Hold Plays*

Hello.
      You have reached اrىm§ُn,
      a awesome six chap long SSH AE by
      ILOVENANCYDREW7.
      Please leave a comment and rating
      after the link.
      This is a recording.
      *LINK*
      © Nance_Rox_101

Comment

I preordered.
        I got overnight.
        I am looking forward to everything, but mostly a good mystery, snooping, good puzzles.
        Yes. At first I was iffy about it but now I am excited.
        I don't know enough about them to choose one yet.
        Again, I don't know enough to choose one.
        Yes, I liked it. I thought it was fun.
        I am not planning on playing the demo at this point.
        Hard to say, driving I guess as we have done a lot of that lately.
        I track my game on UPS. I have my notebook and a good pen ready.
        I will be playing mostly at night.
        Yes, I am very excited.
        Thank you, but no. Your signatures are awesome by the way.

Very nice quiz, I enjoyed it.
        ~~~ Senior Drew Fan ~~~
        From Secrets Can Kill to Shadow at the Water's Edge
        Nancy Rocks !

Waiting for "The Captive Curse"

Comment

I'm going to be preordering ASAP!

I'll most likely get 3 day.
          Characters, probably. Even though I only know of one.
          It sounds awesome!
          See answer 3 :)
          ^^7. Did you like the mini-game? Why or why not?
          It was a good mini game. Hopefully it'll be a little more challenging in the game, if it's in the game.
          Whoa whoa whoa, there's a demo?!
          I honestly hope that it's not TOO scary. I feel like a good amount of moments that make you jump are awesome, but if it's too scary it takes away from the fun of the game.
          Just that I always play them!
          No, I can't say that I am. But I usually don't do anything special. Oooh maybe I'll eat mac 'n cheese when I play this game! Maybe it'll draw away from the scariness...haha
          YES. I. AM! (emphasis :])
          No, thanks. :)
          Emily =]
          "There are some things in the game that I don't
          control, but then again some of them I do."
          -Sidney Crosby

weightless

Comment

I preordered quick as I could
            3 day
            All of the above
            Yes, been waiting for it ever since MHM
            I'll know that when I start playing.
            See above
            Yes. I don't know why, I hardly run into anything I don't like.
            Huh?! Demo?! Where?!
            Meaningless talking with no point
            I try to beat them within 24 hours, which will be impossible for this game as I have school now.
            Playing my favorite ND games over again.
            Yes!!!
            I would Please and thank you.

Comment

1. Did you pre-order, or are you waiting for the store release? Pre-Ordered!
              2. If you pre-ordered, what shipping did you get? 3-Day. (:

3. What element of the game are you most looking forward to? (i.e. scare factor, puzzles, characters, etc.) Scare Factor and Snooping
              4. Do you like the fact that the game is set in Japan? Yep!
              5. What character do you like the most? Yumi by far!
              6. Which character do you despise the most? None of them....yet. (:
              7. Did you like the mini-game? Why or why not? Yes, I think it really gave us a chance to see what Yumi was like.
              8. Did you like the demo? Why or why not? I don't think I'll play it.
              9. What do you hope is not included in the game? All of these puzzles. I really hope HeR brings back snooping.
              10. Do you have any traditions for ND games? Nope
              11. Are you doing anything special for saw? (such as eating special snacks, doing activities while waiting, etc.) Just checking on the boards. (:
              12. ARE YOU READY FOR THE AWESOMEST GAME EVER?! (sorry for all caps I just wanted to emphasize) OH YEAH!!!!! (:
              13. Would you like a signature? Please. (:

AWESOME quiz KARA!

Comment

eep! thank so much everyone!

Jas: I know exactly what you mean about always being let down by the games. A lot has changed on the boards since I started 4 years ago. . Thanks for taking my quiz! :)

ILOVENANCYDREW7: Thanks for taking the quiz! I've seen that thread and posted on it; I like it, too, a lot. :) I know exactly what you mean about the arcade games! :) Here's your signature (colors by Holly [twilight1616]):

shadow at the water's edge
                ARE YOU READY? # MORE DAYS. NICKNAME.
                I LOOK FORWARD TO THE SCARE FACTOR. .
                HOW ABOUT YOU?.........TAKE THE QUIZ.

senior drew fan: Thanks for taking my quiz--I'm glad you enjoyed it! Thanks so much for the compliment. :) It means a lot.

Emily: I feel the same way about the scariness! Mmm, mac 'n cheese. . Now I'm hungy. :P Thanks for taking my quiz! :)

Meghan: Thanks for taking the quiz! :) I definitely agree about those pesky puzzles. . :P Here's your signature, the colors are by Holly (twilight1616):

shadow at the water's edge
                ARE YOU READY? 14 MORE DAYS. MEGHAN.
                I LOOK FORWARD TO SNOOPING AND SCARES.
                HOW ABOUT YOU?.........TAKE THE QUIZ.

Thank you so much everyone for taking the quiz! I really really appreciate it. :)

EDIT: Sorry everyone, the signatures are a bit over the limit. Feel free to shorten them in any way you want. :)
                Last edited by cat; September 28, 2010, 03:30 PM.
                ℓeave me with some kind of proof it's not a dream.

Comment

1. Did you pre-order, or are you waiting for the store release? I preordered!
                  2. If you pre-ordered, what shipping did you get? I got 5-7 day shipping.
                  3. What element of the game are you most looking forward to? (i.e. scare factor, puzzles, characters, etc.) The cultural aspects!
                  4. Do you like the fact that the game is set in Japan? Definitely!
                  5. What character do you like the most? I think I'll like Miwako, but I'm not sure yet.
                  6. Which character do you despise the most? I actually don't like Yumi very much. But like before, I'm not sure yet.
                  7. Did you like the mini-game? Why or why not? The mini-game was actually cool! I just wasn't a big fan of the character design...
                  8. Did you like the demo? Why or why not? I'll save this for when the demo comes out.
                  9. What do you hope is not included in the game? Too many puzzles...
                  10. Do you have any traditions for ND games? Not really...
                  11. Are you doing anything special for saw? (such as eating special snacks, doing activities while waiting, etc.) See #10
                  12. ARE YOU READY FOR THE AWESOMEST GAME EVER?! (sorry for all caps I just wanted to emphasize) Without a doubt!
                  13. Would you like a signature? Sure!

I like your quiz!
                  neverending song
                  2008-2018

So far from me walks your dear self
                  So far from me too is your home
                  to which I can never find my way
                  your fairy tale...

Comment

1. Did you pre-order, or are you waiting for the store release?No, I didn't pre-order... :( I'll probably get it a couple months after it comes out [birthday]
                    3. What element of the game are you most looking forward to? (i.e. scare factor, puzzles, characters, etc.) snooping [hopefully!] and scare factor
                    4. Do you like the fact that the game is set in Japan? Yep!
                    6. Which character do you despise the most? Hm, maybe the grandma?
                    7. Did you like the mini-game? Why or why not? No, it was too...easy, & I didn't like that it was dressing-up.
                    8. Did you like the demo? Why or why not? Can't wait 'till it comes out!
                    9. What do you hope is not included in the game? 3rd person // seeing B&G
                    10. Do you have any traditions for ND games? Not really...
                    11. Are you doing anything special for saw? (such as eating special snacks, doing activities while waiting, etc.) No, besides playing it in the dark. :P
                    12. ARE YOU READY FOR THE AWESOMEST GAME EVER?! (sorry for all caps I just wanted to emphasize) YES!
                    13. Would you like a signature? Yes please :)

Cool quiz cat!
                    ...·*¨¯¨*·...·........................
                    ..‘·-·.......).·*¨¯¨*·......·

strange how the half light
                    .....can maKe a PLace new.
                    ...·.....(.............·¨¯)....·
                    ..........‘· . ¸ _ ¸‘. · ’...............·
                    ..........·........... . ¸
                    thanks Spaghetti!

Comment

1. Did you pre-order, or are you waiting for the store release? I pre-ordered. I'm too impatient to wait for it to come out in stores, plus I want the special edition of the game.
                      2. If you pre-ordered, what shipping did you get? I got 3 day shipping.
                      3. What element of the game are you most looking forward to? (i.e. scare factor, puzzles, characters, etc.) I'm looking forward to the characters and story line of the game.
                      4. Do you like the fact that the game is set in Japan? Totally! A game in Japan should be a lot of fun!
                      5. What character do you like the most? Probably Yumi. She just seems like a cool character to me.
                      6. Which character do you despise the most? Hmm, I really don't know enough about the other characters to make a decision about that yet.
                      7. Did you like the mini-game? Why or why not? Yes I thought the mini-game was a lot of fun!
                      8. Did you like the demo? Why or why not? I haven't played the demo, and I don't plan on downloading it, though I will most likely watch it on YouTube if it gets put on there.
                      9. What do you hope is not included in the game? Third person point of view.
                      10. Do you have any traditions for ND games? I don't really have any traditions when it comes to Nancy Drew games, except to play it as soon as possible when I get it.
                      11. Are you doing anything special for saw? (such as eating special snacks, doing activities while waiting, etc.) No, not really.
                      12. ARE YOU READY FOR THE AWESOMEST GAME EVER?! (sorry for all caps I just wanted to emphasize) Yeah!
                      13. Would you like a signature? Yes please!

Cool quiz!

~Kate
                      And there came a day, a day unlike any other.
                      When Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat.
                      To fight the foes no single super hero could withstand.
                      On that day The Avengers were born.

Comment

1. Did you pre-order, or are you waiting for the store release? I wanted to pre-order so I could get the special edition but my mom wouldnt let me so Im stuck waiting. :(

2. If you pre-ordered, what shipping did you get? none

3. What element of the game are you most looking forward to? (i.e. scare factor, puzzles, characters, etc.) The think im looking foward mostly to is the scare factor because i get scared really easy so im probaly going to wait until night to play since that will make me even more scared!

4. Do you like the fact that the game is set in Japan? Im a fan of the beach games but I think the Japan game will be fun also.

5. What character do you like the most? Probably Yumi. I like her name and she seems cool.

6. Which character do you despise the most? Im not really sure.
                        7. Did you like the mini-game? Why or why not? It was okay not the best mini-game ever.

8. Did you like the demo? Why or why not? I haven't played the demo.

9. What do you hope is not included in the game? I hope that we get to see Bess and George and play as them. I hope theyre not late!

10. Do you have any traditions for ND games? I usually eat popcorn and drink coke when I play it.

11. Are you doing anything special for saw? (such as eating special snacks, doing activities while waiting, etc.) Nope I dont think.

12. ARE YOU READY FOR THE AWESOMEST GAME EVER?! (sorry for all caps I just wanted to emphasize) YES!
                        13. Would you like a signature? Yes please!
                        CLICK ON THE CHRISTMAS TREE FOR MY PETITION FOR NANCY TO BE IN A CHRISTMAS GAME!

PROUD CHRISTIAN!

Comment

1) Did you pre-order, or are you waiting for the store release?
                          I pre-ordered! :3
                          5-7 shipping.
                          Uhm.. Probably the scare factor and characters. xD
                          Sure :3
                          So far? Yumi. She's pretty awesome. xD
                          The grandmother. She's creepy. o_o.
                          Eh, it was okay. Not really into that fashion stuff but I liked the music. xD
                          I don't plan on playing the demo. I'd like to keep everything a surprise. :D
                          Eh, a bunch of boring chores and such.
                          Not really. I just wait for them to come along. xD
                          Not really. xD
                          YES! -runs around screaming- xD
                          :O Sureee!

Comment

1. Did you pre-order, or are you waiting for the store release? I pre-ordered the digital download
                            2. If you pre-ordered, what shipping did you get? -----
                            3. What element of the game are you most looking forward to? (i.e. scare factor, puzzles, characters, etc.) Characters, puzzles, and the plot.
                            4. Do you like the fact that the game is set in Japan? Yes.
                            5. What character do you like the most? So far, Yumi.
                            6. Which character do you despise the most? I don't know much about them to despise them.
                            7. Did you like the mini-game? Why or why not? Yes. It was fun.
                            8. Did you like the demo? Why or why not? Haven't played it yet.
                            9. What do you hope is not included in the game? Hard puzzles.
                            10. Do you have any traditions for ND games? I sometimes play the previous games to prepare.
                            11. Are you doing anything special for saw? (such as eating special snacks, doing activities while waiting, etc.) I'm going to eat some Japanese food while playing.
                            13. Would you like a signature?Yes Please!

Comment

I did pre-order, yes.

Download. Have to wait till the 19th though ;_;

Atmosphere!

Yumi, for now. ^^

Matt from HAU. Oh, you mean this game? :D I don't despise any of them yet, but Miwako seems like she might be a bit of a martyr, which I sometimes find irritating. Actually, in general I don't dislike any ND characters all that strongly. Not even Matt!

I liked it alright. Played it too many times just because those are the only bits of the game available to us now. :(

Demo is coming later this week!!

Puzzles involving wires, pipes, cogs, electronic circuits, the periodic table, or exploding chemicals. Also Sudoku. I know we've been told Sudoku's in there ... but I can still hope :D

Not yet!

Replaying CUR, stalking Yumi's blog, watching seriously scary Japanese video game playthroughs on youtube and hiding behind my hands, oh and a very funny J-drama :D

12. ARE YOU READY FOR THE AWESOMEST GAME EVER?!
                              I was ready a long time ago -_-

I'm good, thank you for offering though ^^
                              Sleuthiness!

Comment

Working...
                              X