I came, I SAW, I was terrified.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I came, I SAW, I was terrified.

I played several of the games after this one and It's clear that SAW was the peak of the new Nancy Drew Games. The games after this one dull in comparison.
    This was amazing. The mystery started off with Nancy poking around the Ryokan trying to solve a mystery nobody wanted her to solve. This seems to be the theme of the newer Nancy Drew Mysteries. In the older games Nancy was always called in to solve a mystery. This is not the case. The idea of the mystery is pretty cool. It jumps in right after the previous mystery and she brings Bess and George which is always great. We are also introduced to Savannah, who shows up in later mysteries.
    If you are looking for a terrifying experience. This is the mystery for you. At first I didn't understand why everyone said this was scary, and then I had my first ghost sighting and my mind changed, quickly. As soon as that happened the music took a whole new meaning and I noticed how amazingly creepy it was.
    The most interesting character was Yumi. She is the beginning of HER bringing in characters that have actual interesting conversation. Takea talked way to slow and it was irritating having to make conversation with her. However, I found that when talking to the people, Nancy was super pushy and asked the same question over and over and no one wanted to answer it and they would get mad. Which was super annoying.

The Puzzles! The puzzles were amazing, they ranged from medium to super hard. The wire puzzle and the final puzzle were impossible to finish. I was frustrated and angry after trying to solve both of these. I needed help for both.
    I found that I was more idle in this mystery than a lot of the newer ones which was great. There would be moments where my game wasn't advancing and I could work on getting awards and playing games. This was awesome because you really have to work for the game to advance. Which is whats so great about the older games. One clue doesn't automatically open up another door. You really have to work for it and figure it out. This makes for a complex mystery.
    Overall the hype for this mystery is real. GTH is not the scariest mystery, it pales in comparison to SAW. If you are looking to be scared and challenged, this is the mystery you want.
    you said you were
    afraid to lose me
    and then you
    faced your fears
    and left

m.t

Originally posted by neverquit8 View Post
    It's clear that SAW was the peak of the new Nancy Drew Games. The games after this one dull in comparison.
    So completely true! Some of the games after this one are the worst in the series.

I discovered that Secrets can Kill. I Stayed Tuned for Danger. I read the Message in a Haunted Mansion. I uncovered the Treasure in a Royal Tower. I watched the Final Scene. I washed away the Secret of the Scarlet Hand. I pet the Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake. I rode the Haunted Carousel. I dodged the Danger on Deception Island. I lassoed the Secret of Shadow Ranch. I overcame the Curse of Blackmoor Manor. I unwound the Secret of the Old Clock. I traveled on the Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon. I unveiled the Danger by Design. I captured the Creature of Kapu Cave. I discussed politics with the White Wolf of Icicle Creek. I unearthed the Legend of the Crystal Skull. I unmasked the Phantom of Venice. I exposed the Haunting of Castle Malloy. I paid the Ransom of the Seven Ships. I heeded the Warnings of Waverly Academy. I chased the Trail of the Twister. I stood in the Shadow at the Water’s Edge. I shattered the Captive Curse. I upheld the Alibi in Ashes. I opened the Tomb of the Lost Queen. I condemned the Deadly Device. I sang to the Ghost of Thornton Hall. I did justice for the Silent Spy. I repaired the Shattered Medallion. I navigated the Labyrinth of Lies. I illuminated the Sea of Darkness. I was awake at Midnight in Salem.

Comment

Working...
    X