Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you think of this game?? (NO spoilers please)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you think of this game?? (NO spoilers please)

Come rate this game for us and give us your overall opinion. We want to know. You can make your vote and then either post and explain why you rated it as you did (without game event or cultprit name/gender spoilers). OR just provide us with a link to a past review you may have written. This is meant to be helpful to all those gamers who may not have played this game yet and come here to find out what we thought of it. So keep that in mind when posting please. Thank you!!

1.62%
    0.90%
    1.26%
    1.44%
    1.80%
    4.31%
    9.87%
    16.52%
    27.47%
    34.83%
    Last edited by ~ Jinkies Nancy! ~; October 13, 2010, 07:56 PM.
    ███████████████
    ██████████████
    ███████████████
    ███████████████████
    ██████████████████
    █████████████
    ███████████
    ███████████████
    ██████████
    ███████████
    ███████████████████
    ██████████████Rules
    Courtesy of Royal Paynes Sig Shop

PROUD Mom of a magna cAm laude college grad!! AND a Game Design & Development college grad!!

First vote, awesome!
    I give it a 9! {well, to be technical, 8.5, but I feel that it's closer to 9 than 8. rofl!}

kaitienator!
    .....Charlotte Thornton
    ......................s h e . a l w a y s . w a s . c h a r l o t t e

Proud co-founder of ND Ultimate Alternate Endings

Comment

I lean to the 10 side
      for this game. It
      incorporated so many
      aspects that I wanted
      within a game!
      .·´¯) Message in a Haunted Mansion
      .¸.·´
      (_¸.·´¯) Listen my child to this story of dreams,
      ....¸.·´ And know that the beginning is more difficult then it seems.
      ...(_¸.·´¯) When the 10 daughters are re-united in order,
      (¯`·.¸¸.··´ When the four sided box loses its border.
      .`·.¸¸.·´¯) When the eye of the phoenix is in your hand,
      .........( When the bird of fire can see again.
      ..(¯`·.¸.`·.¸ When the moon sleep and the sun plays,
      ....`·.¸.`·.¸_) The king of the sky will shine his rays.
      .........`·.¸ And hidden beneath a river of colors,
      ......¸··¸...) Will lie a gate to golden wonders.
      ......`.¸¸.·´©hotchick

Slowly fixing up my siggy shop here!
      True Blood Season 7♥ 6-22-14
      Currently reading: The Star Rover by Jack London

Comment

I gave it an 8. I was going to click an 9, but I accidently clicked 8 This game was good, but at times I found it to be a little bit boring, IMO.
        a smile a day keeps the....·´´¨¯¨``)
        `·.,¸¸,.//´¨¯¨``· »
        haters away «·´

Awesome sig, MinetteVictoria! Thanks!

Just call me gabby the blabby

Please sign the PETITION for HeR to make SOS!

Comment

I gave the game a 10. I have really enjoyed the game so much. It is nice to play the old Nancy Drew again. Keep up the good work HER.
          ~~~ Senior Drew Fan ~~~
          From Secrets Can Kill to Shadow at the Water's Edge
          Nancy Rocks !

Waiting for "The Captive Curse"

Comment

I give it a 10 even though I haven't finished it ROFL

here's why:
            1. scare factor - i stopped playing b/c i'm a bit scared of what's going to happen
            2. length - it's really long. i've spent days on this & it's not over yet. I finished TOT in 2 days - before it came out in stores *sad*
            3. snooping - there's a heck more snooping in this game than there has been in a LONG time

*I plan on doing a review - I just gotta figure the do's & don'ts of one :]*
            Beyond the ancient pyramids
            ............rumors of terrifying curses fly ك
            ... I t ' s ..u p..t o..y o u..a s..N a n c y ..D r e w
            ...R...to solve the ancient riddle in
            Tomb of the Lost Queen

Comment

i love love loved this game!! it was pretty sick with all the scary stuff i mean i figured theyd tone down the paranormal stuff but they didnt and i love that and its soo awesome!! now after reading this you probably think i gave it a 10 well i gave it a 9 cause i thought the ending was kind of short and like they just threw it together at the last minute...so 9 it is but its my favorite game now and i loved it!!
              i frank and joe hardy!!!!!!!!!!

GOLF!!=]

Nancy Drew Veteran!!! (she rocks...just saying!!)

Marty McFly: Wait a minute, Doc. Ah... Are you telling me you built a time machine... out of a DeLorean?
              Doctor Emmet Brown: The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?

Comment

I gave it a ten. Great length: it took me awhile sense I was busy, but I could tell it was longer than past games anyway. It has everything I love about the Nancy Drew games in it.
                Castle Quote
                Sorenson: Really, we're gonna waste time on the insights of Nancy Drew here?
                Castle: Is that supposed to be an insult? Because Nancy Drew solved every case!
                I love this line!

Comment

9!

Really liked it -- it truly was the scariest game of Her's yet! I had to back away from the screen a couple of times! lol and it's pretty hard to scare me :) great puzzles, didn't need any hints!
                  .promise me you’ll always remember:...•*¨¯)
                  you’re braver than you believe,.............................•*
                  .and stronger than you seem,.........•*¨¯¨*•........(.........•*¨¯)
                  and smarter than you think.....(_¸,.•*......*•.,¸_)*•.,¸_¸,.•*

.~-*`ND Lingo

Comment

Hello lovelies

I give this game a 9, but only for a few reasons. They were a little generic when it came to the naming of the characters, which doesn't bother me so much as I only hear the true Japanese accent a few times. But I remember when I suggested a game very VERY similar to this a while back, which always makes me happy to see at least some of my ideas turned into an actual game

Comment

10!

I gave it a ten because I want HER to make all future games as good or dare I say better than this one! It had pretty much everything I love and missed in the newer adventures! The length, the snooping, the scare factor, the music, and the characters all fit together so well and made the whole experience enthralling and very satisfying! I never wanted it to end! Thank you HER for making a game that reminded me just how much I love Nancy Drew and her adventures! :

Comment

Nancy is back!!!

I had almost lost my faith in Nancy Drew games after the release of the last few, but SAW delivered! It was just like the old Nancy Drew games with a great story, great characters, a real mystery, and best of all: SNOOPING! Her Interactive have redeemed themselves!

Comment

I am proud to say this is the first Nancy Drew game I have ever played that has made me gasp, jump, shove my hand against the screen, and accidentally force my laptop closed all within about three seconds. The music in the ryokan was incredibly creepy and well done and gave me that bit of thrill that I missed with some of the previous games. I really loved the characters (even if Yumi annoyed me in the beginning, she grew on me later on) and their voices were great.

I gave this game a nine, basically because all the stupid number and logic puzzles were driving me over the edge.

All in all I'd say that this game really reminds me of the style of games from when I first started playing Nancy Drew.

Comment

Ok, here it is. I thought that I would never say this about an ND game but I hated it! There are too many puzzles and they are too difficult. I wish that HER would put a skip option on these stupid puzzles! I gave up on finishing the game because I was so frustrated! I am seriously thinking about not purchasing any new games in the future if this continues. I liked the characters especially Yumi. What an airhead!LOL But there are way way too many puzzles. I don't mind the old slider puzzles. I could do those. But I am being totally honest in my opinion here.If I sound too harsh I'm sorry. Please fewer puzzles and more sleuthing!

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy Dada View Post
                              Ok, here it is. I thought that I would never say this about an ND game but I hated it! There are too many puzzles and they are too difficult. I wish that HER would put a skip option on these stupid puzzles! I gave up on finishing the game because I was so frustrated! I am seriously thinking about not purchasing any new games in the future if this continues. I liked the characters especially Yumi. What an airhead!LOL But there are way way too many puzzles. I don't mind the old slider puzzles. I could do those. But I am being totally honest in my opinion here.If I sound too harsh I'm sorry. Please fewer puzzles and more sleuthing!
                              Wow, and here I thought I was going to be the only one who felt this way! I agree 100%. I had to get my daughter to help onn the puzzles, because these type of puzzles are very hard for me. I couldn't even continue on with the game until she was home. I couldn't figure out what I was supposed to do many times.
                              I am not a stupid person, but I sure felt like I was with this game. I had to keep a walkthrough open just so I knew what to do next! I am very disappointed with this game. I have only just barely started, and am thinking of not bothering to finish it.
                              Very sad. I LOVED the older games!! Love the sleuthing and scariness. This game is scary??? Maybe when it gets further into the game??

Comment

Working...
                              X