Tape recorder scene in Rick's room before I have necessary object

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tape recorder scene in Rick's room before I have necessary object

Hi all. I'm at the tape recorder scene in Rick's room but I don't have the screwdriver from the set room yet. Not sure why this scene was triggered if I can't get passed it. Do I have to start over? Thanks!

Originally posted by pakalla View Post
    Hi all. I'm at the tape recorder scene in Rick's room but I don't have the screwdriver from the set room yet. Not sure why this scene was triggered if I can't get passed it. Do I have to start over? Thanks!
    Welcome to HER!
    I moved your post. The Game Discussion boards are for when you have finished the games. The Hints and Tips boards are the correct place to ask for help. If you have any questions about how the message board works, please ask on the Message Board Questions board. I also recommend reading the FAQ/New Member Resource sticky on that board.

The older games have some idiosyncrasies that were fixed in later games. This is one of them. I haven't played this game in a long time, but you should be able to leave if you haven't triggered the tape recorder, or you should be able to do so with a second change. Have you been in the prop room yet?
    ¸.•*¨¯¨*ّ¸......catsandbooks
    ((
    ..*•.¸_¸.•*¨¯¨*•.¸.......... A library is not a luxury
    ......¸.•*.....*•.¸_¸))............... but one of the necessities of life!
    ......*•.¸_¸.ّ*¨¯¨*•.¸¸.ّ*¨¯¨*•.¸...¥.¸.ّ*¨¯¨*•.
    .................................H.W. Beecher + ©allas؛•.¸_¸.•؛
    Please follow the rules................................................... ...............Isaiah 40:31
    FAQ and New Member Resources
    [/FONT] Please be sure your signatures follow the Siggie Ruler. ◄ Click here to double check.

Comment

Thanks for moving my post! I have been in the prop room but missed the screwdriver. I've triggered the tape player already and the second chance unfortunately resets within the room. Dang! I guess I have to start over.

I haven't played this game in 20 years so it's all new again :)

Comment

Originally posted by pakalla View Post
        Thanks for moving my post! I have been in the prop room but missed the screwdriver. I've triggered the tape player already and the second chance unfortunately resets within the room. Dang! I guess I have to start over.

I haven't played this game in 20 years so it's all new again :)
        Try leaving the room after the second chance, instead of doing anything in the room.
        ¸.•*¨¯¨*ّ¸......catsandbooks
        ((
        ..*•.¸_¸.•*¨¯¨*•.¸.......... A library is not a luxury
        ......¸.•*.....*•.¸_¸))............... but one of the necessities of life!
        ......*•.¸_¸.ّ*¨¯¨*•.¸¸.ّ*¨¯¨*•.¸...¥.¸.ّ*¨¯¨*•.
        .................................H.W. Beecher + ©allas؛•.¸_¸.•؛
        Please follow the rules................................................... ...............Isaiah 40:31
        FAQ and New Member Resources
        [/FONT] Please be sure your signatures follow the Siggie Ruler. ◄ Click here to double check.

Comment

You are a genius!! Thank you!! <3

Comment

Working...
          X