Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you think of this game?? (NO spoilers please)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you think of this game?? (NO spoilers please)

Come rate this game for us and give us your overall opinion. We want to know. You can make your vote and then either post and explain why you rated it as you did (without game event or cultprit name/gender spoilers). OR just provide us with a link to a past review you may have written. This is meant to be helpful to all those gamers who may not have played this game yet and come here to find out what we thought of it. So keep that in mind when posting please. Thank you!!

0.22%
    0.22%
    0.45%
    1.57%
    2.02%
    7.85%
    15.02%
    24.89%
    26.01%
    21.75%
    ²..Rianna
    .¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸…..¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸ .If you can hear me now
    (......°.¸_¸.'¸.•°......°.¸_¸.' ……I'm .r e a c h i n g out
    .°•.,¸_¸,.•°…..²¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸……¸.•°¨¯¨°•.¸ To let you know that
    ……………………'.¸_¸°……°•.¸ '.¸_¸°……) …… You're .not a l o n e
    ©Rianna..…………………²….°•.,¸_¸,.•° Lullaby - Nickelback

I gave this game a 9 only because it was kind of short. Other than that? I loved it!
    snap
    ; kennedy
    PS- here's my review for a more detailed perspective; click here!
    Last edited by ASPHYXiA :); June 19, 2011, 01:30 PM.

BIM has me reborn. All i can say is this:
    I crave that ponytail.

Originally posted by Lost+Dreaming
    Yeah I agree Ned is most definitely a mother. I agree that Ned should have a child. He is so lonely and unfulfilled he needs a good crying sack of baby to spice up his life.

Comment

I gave this title a 9. The graphics, snooping abilities, depth of character detail, and area to explore were wonderful. I was only left wanting in two areas:

1. I had this hankering to go visit the shops, and was sad when I saw that they played no part in the game. I love that they were well fleshed out in order to give the town a realistic feel, but I couldn't help feeling restricted by not being able to poke around inside.

2. ***spoiler removed***

Other than that, I LOVED it, and it is by far my favorite game yet. Great work!

Spoilers:
      A spoiler is revealing the identity or gender of a/the culprit(s); posting direct answers such as phone numbers, passwords, codes, answers to quizzes, game ending details etc. Spoilers must be requested by another user in the Hints and Tips boards and the Case Closed board, and they must be written using the "spoiler code" tags as shown below. You do not need to use spoiler code in Game Discussions boards (except the Case Closed board). Never reveal a culprit's name/gender or a game ending unless you are posting in a Game Discussion board.
      Last edited by hedgie; November 25, 2013, 04:02 PM.

Comment

I gave it a 9! I really liked this game!

There was a LOT more snooping & sleuthing than in the other more recent games, and piecing together clues. I found all of the puzzles to be really fun, and not too difficult, either. [although I do like it when games have challenging puzzles] I also loved the setting and characters [ although Renate irked me at time :/ ]

The only complaints are that I didn't really care for the Nancy/Ned drama, Also, and would've liked to learn more about the past and the castle's history. Like, a more well-developed plot.

Overall this game reminded me a lot of the classics, and that's what I love about it. :)

Here's my review.
        Last edited by Girl Sleuth ♥; October 26, 2011, 12:58 PM.
        ...·*¨¯¨*·...·........................
        ..‘·-·.......).·*¨¯¨*·......·

strange how the half light
        .....can maKe a PLace new.
        ...·.....(.............·¨¯)....·
        ..........‘· . ¸ _ ¸‘. · ’...............·
        ..........·........... . ¸
        thanks Spaghetti!

Comment

I only voted for nine because ten came up as -1 on my monitor
          .¸·*´¨¯¨`*·¸……¸.·*´¨¯¨)
          (………_…¸.·´ ¸.·´ Oh,
          .`×.,¸_¸,.×´ ¸.·´
          ……… …¸.·´ What a nice world we would live in if
          …………( ....................Cruelty
          …… ……`¸¸.·´¯)Wasn't contagious
          ……_ …¸.·´ '·-·´
          …_…,¸.·´ .................................................. .............-Unknown

Comment

10! Because it was amazing! Seriously the best game ever!
            ~Emma
            Life's like a box of chocolates,
            You never know what your gonna get.
            ©HickoryNoll

~Emma

Comment

9.... It felt like a return to the older style of ND games, but also fresh and modern at the same time.

Comment

Best game ever!

I just got my game today and I've only played a few hours. But, so far I absolutely love this game. I have played all the Nancy Drew games (some twice) and this the best one so far!

Keep up the good work Her Interactive!

Comment

I voted a 9 because I have games I favor slightly more than this, but it was a REALLY good one!
                  ♥My Game Collection♥

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
                  |SCK|STFD|MHM|TRT|FIN|
                  |SSH|DOG_|CAR|DDI|SHA|
                  |CUR|CLK_|TRN|DAN|CRE|
                  |ICE|CRY_|VEN|HAU|RAN|
                  |WAC|TOT_|SAW|CAP|ASH|
                  |TMB|....|...|...|...|
                  |...|SCK2|LCC|RED|...|
                  GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Comment

10!

The game is a 10. Period. LOL The graphics, music, characters, and the scenery were absolutely beautiful. The board games were great to play and very well thought out; the passages were spooky but exciting! ... and I seriously didn't know who the culprit was 'till the near end. Took about a whole day to complete (w/o online help). Again, 10/10!

Comment

10!

This game was amazing! I have no strikes against it at all, which is shocking because I usually have at least one! Good job HeR!
                      .promise me you’ll always remember:...•*¨¯)
                      you’re braver than you believe,.............................•*
                      .and stronger than you seem,.........•*¨¯¨*•........(.........•*¨¯)
                      and smarter than you think.....(_¸,.•*......*•.,¸_)*•.,¸_¸,.•*

.~-*`ND Lingo

Comment

In all honesty...

If I could give this game an 11 I would
                        I have no complaints or dislikes with this game,
                        HER has really redeemed themselves 'cause
                        I honestly didn't really favor the last two (even
                        though I love all ND games:). I just love CAP!
                        It has the perfect amount of everything that I
                        look for in a ND game
                        case cLoseD
                        SCK STFD MHM TRT FIN SSH DOG CAR DDI SHA CUR CLK TRN DAN
                        CRE ICE CRY VEN HAU RAN WAC TOT SAW CAP ASH TMB DED GTH

Comment

Caught out by the Curse

I gave this game an 7/10. It earned the 7 by yes, returning to the old nd game having fantastic graphics, characters, settings, music, etc. but it lost the 3 firstly because the game was, in my opinion, too short and that made it hard to really develop a broad and comprehensive understanding of the game. Secondly, there were some periods in the game where life in general became a little slow and disappointing. Thirdly, the ending was appalling. one of the worst ever. The culprit's motives were as transparent as they were unlikely and that made it hard for the responder to fell a sense of satisfaction post game. Finally, the game left a great deal of questions unanswered such as; what really happened to all the girls? why was the necklace significant? why the campsite?

In conclusion I truly believe that the captive curse is a step in the right direction for HER. A great game with one or two major flaws.

I really enjoyed a glimpse into germany and I marvel at the experience of Nancy Drew . x
                          Last edited by LoveIsTheAnswer; June 23, 2011, 10:45 PM. Reason: spelling n
                          .•*¨¯¨*•.………………...………….•*¨¯¨*•.……………
                          `•-•*…..).•*¨¯¨*•.………....………`•-•*..…).•*¨¯¨*•.....
                          ..¸.•´...…*•-•´………..…..…………….(.....*•-•´
                          .....( .Believe in what you feel inside ...`•.¸.•*¨¯¨*•.
                          .....•*¨¯¨*•.. And give your dreams the wings to fly.)
                          ..(.….*•-•´.You have everything you need......…¸.•´
                          ...`•.,¸_¸.•*¨¯¨*•.¸....If you just believe......¸.•*¨¯¨*•.
                          .•*¨¯¨*•. `•-•*.....)..…….….•*¨¯¨*•.`•.,¸_¸,.•´……*•-•´
                          `•-•*©LG`•.,¸_¸,.•´`•.,¸_¸,.•´.....*•-•´~The Polar Express~

Comment

This game was very very good. I gave it a 9. I loved the snooping, beautiful scenery, good characters, puzzles that didn't give you a headache and related to the mystery, the old Nancy Drew feel as some of my favorite games (CUR, TRT). A very good job and hope there are more like this one to come! Thanks HeR!!

Some of my favorites:

Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake
                            Danger on Deception Island
                            Secret of Shadow Ranch
                            Curse of Blackmoor Manor
                            Treasure in the Royal Tower
                            Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon
                            The White Wolf of Icicle Creek
                            Legend of the Crystal Skull
                            The Phantom of Venice
                            The Haunting of Castle Malloy
                            Warnings at Waverly Acadamy
                            Shadow at the Water's Edge
                            The Captive Curse
                            Ghost of Thornton Hall
                            The Silent Spy

Comment

i really loved this game! I will agree though, that i wish there had been more explanations and follow ups on certain things which i wont list here, but yall know what i mean. It definitely was going back toward the feel of some of the older games (if only there had been the stacked book menu, lol). and i do agree with the person who said i wish there had been other shops open to see. other than that though..WELL WORTH the price, the time, etc. ALSO i have to say this game had alot more humor than the others, i laughed alot thru this game! the beginning with Lukas letting you in, a certain letter as read per Frank, lol, etc). some things said by Ned...lol. bloopers...
                              definitely worth buying.
                              ~I remember when the first Fallon Carrington was Nancy Drew~

Love a p.r.n. T and D : S and J

I have: Learned that Secrets CAN kill (twice!!) found the message in the Haunted Mansion discovered the Treasure in the Royal Tower. watched the Final Scene rode the Haunted Carousel lifted the Curse off Blackmoor Manor discovered the Secret of the Old Clock listened to the Secret of Shadow Ranch taken the Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon designed less danger. seen the Creature of Kapu Cave
                              loved and miss the White Wolf of Icicle Creek passed along the Legend of the Crystal Skull realized the Secret of the Scarlet Hand experienced Danger at Deception Island pet the Dogs at MoonLake
                              tuned out danger!!! unmasked the Phantom of Venice...
                              Rebuked the haunting of Castle Malloy. UNheeded the warnings at waverly academy. followed the trail of the twister. witnessed the Shadow at the water's edge. Was captivated by the curse of DAS MONSTER! Recovered from jail, freed the Queen from her tomb; am dealing with Tesla's coils, & have whispered with the ghost of Thornton Hall.

Comment

Working...
                              X